Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guested Account

Tomb Raider Free on Steam Until March 24th.

It's the one I couldn't continue not long into it and also the one that felt more like a first person shooter than a Tomb Raider game.

Those dark dimly illuminated environment made me nauseous.

No Thanks.

That Osiris game looks like a shoot them up game. Doesn't even look like a Tomb Raider game with puzzle solving and exploring.

I have to create a Square Enix account and a Steam account to get those games for free?

I also don't like Steam that requires you to have their software which is much like iTunes, which I refuse to put on my computer even when I do have an IPhone, have it running in the background, logged in, with an internet connection, anytime you want to play one of the games that's downloaded and installed from their site.

Sounds like all kind of ways to spy on you and put stuff on your computer.

Edited by Guested Account

Steam sucks. Installed it and uninstalled it. Tried to get the 2 free Tombraider games and 1. it only lets you install one at a time and 2. it has to download the complete game before it installs it 3. which one is 2.4 GB and one is 9.some GB and 4. the download is very slow, the 9GB will take all night at 1 MB at a time and NO I DON't HAVE ANY DOWNLOADS GOING, and 5. you need to be log into your steam account on the browwer and have the installed program running at the same time to be able to install the game which tells me the same applies when you want to play the game, you don't know what the website and the program are doing in the background, spying on you, looking through your computer, tracking and logging your every key stroke and so on.

Don't need those games so bad. Free or no free. Considering how many millions of people worldwide sign up on Steam to buy games through them, they need to make their system more user friendly and provide faster servers. Everyone has to wait all night to download and install a game? After 1 hour on the 9 GB one, it only downloaded 44 MB with over 9 GB left to get and that's not including installation. That's just the download of the installation set up program. On the bottom of the window there is a progress bar that reads 0 of 3 installed. Those still need to be done after you have downloaded 9+ GB for one game and 2.4 GB for another game. PLUS why 0 of 3? Why 3? I was only installing 2 games and in my profile purchase history, it's only showing 2 games. What is the 3rd one?

Also it won't let me use VPN, ANOTHER MINUS.

SQUARE ENIX is not any better, it wants all my real world info to create an account to complete the purchase of 2 FREE GAMES. Then it gave me 2 Keys codes to activate both games on STEAM which STEAM never asked for. So what was the point of me going through all that with SQUARE ENIX to create an account for? Well, I used a THROWAWAY EMAIL and I made up the names and address and phone # until it accepted them to generate the activation key codes.

On 3/21/2020 at 9:26 PM, Guested Account said:

Steam sucks. Installed it and uninstalled it. Tried to get the 2 free Tombraider games and 1. it only lets you install one at a time and 2. it has to download the complete game before it installs it 3. which one is 2.4 GB and one is 9.some GB and 4. the download is very slow, the 9GB will take all night at 1 MB at a time and NO I DON't HAVE ANY DOWNLOADS GOING, and 5. you need to be log into your steam account on the browwer and have the installed program running at the same time to be able to install the game which tells me the same applies when you want to play the game, you don't know what the website and the program are doing in the background, spying on you, looking through your computer, tracking and logging your every key stroke and so on.

Don't need those games so bad. Free or no free. Considering how many millions of people worldwide sign up on Steam to buy games through them, they need to make their system more user friendly and provide faster servers. Everyone has to wait all night to download and install a game? After 1 hour on the 9 GB one, it only downloaded 44 MB with over 9 GB left to get and that's not including installation. That's just the download of the installation set up program. On the bottom of the window there is a progress bar that reads 0 of 3 installed. Those still need to be done after you have downloaded 9+ GB for one game and 2.4 GB for another game. PLUS why 0 of 3? Why 3? I was only installing 2 games and in my profile purchase history, it's only showing 2 games. What is the 3rd one?

Also it won't let me use VPN, ANOTHER MINUS.

SQUARE ENIX is not any better, it wants all my real world info to create an account to complete the purchase of 2 FREE GAMES. Then it gave me 2 Keys codes to activate both games on STEAM which STEAM never asked for. So what was the point of me going through all that with SQUARE ENIX to create an account for? Well, I used a THROWAWAY EMAIL and I made up the names and address and phone # until it accepted them to generate the activation key codes.

You must be the first person I've seen who actually complains about free games. 

By the way, you can only ever install one game or program at a time on a PC, not forgetting that modern games usually weigh in at 9GB and higher.

If you buy a 4 terabyte hard drive you can install quite a few.  His issue was the tracking  your statistics.

Another is if your pc is powerful enough to play it. I prefer a console since it's made to play on what you have

and i prefer a controller over the keyboard.