Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

SEARCH LARA CROFT ONLINE HOME

Sign in to follow this  
Guested Account

SpaceX Launch!

https://www.spacex.com/launches/

This is exciting!

Humans will be launched into space for the first time on a SpaceX rocket using a SpaceX capsule.

The launch was today but it was scrubbed due to weather and rescheduled for Saturday at about 3 pm Eastern time.

Watch the live feed and launch live below

19 hours to ISS. How far is the ISS? SpaceX seem to do everything tsimpler and smoother than NASA. Look at the control room. A few rows of tables, a few tech at each table, and that's it. Not crowded and full of consoles like a NASA control room.

The name of the drone ship that the first stage separation reusable rocket booster lands on after separating in space from the SpaceX rocket is Of Course I Still Love You. There is another drone ship named Just Read The Instructions.

If you miss the docking, it starts at about 40 minutes. Then to see the astronauts going on the iSS, it starts at about 3 hr 50 min. After they docked, they sat in the capsule for over 3 hours while ISS check things and connect things. Not like the movies, you dock, you open the door, you step out and come and go freely like it's Starbucks. 

I went to the NASA live feed yesterday for the first time in a week and they are still up there.

They are going to stay up there for maybe as long as 3-4 months.

I assumed they were flying up there to see if the SpaceX spacecraft will fly properly and dock with the ISS and then come back after a few days.

But it's safer up there right now than being on Earth.

I am happy they return to Earth safely but...

1. SpaceX and NASA don't have a better feed than this LO-RES?

6j3Uy3g7_t.png

2. I thought SpaceX Dragon was reusable and I expected the landing was back on the drone ship like this