Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

EmbodiedBook

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by EmbodiedBook

  1. Finally!!! Thanks everyone. I remembered that first part of the climb from the HC, but somehow never went through the low passage at the top. It might have been that I went ahead and did the high swan dive towards that challenge, and for some reason never climbed back up. Or it could have been that I hadn’t yet learned to make that hanging jump at the very top. Finally made though, so thanks. (And man, that Warrior’s Trial Tomb was no joke.) BTW: I found the crypt in that area, but there’s still an active marker close by for the Speak F the Dead challenge (“3 of 4 secret crypts discovered.”). Did I miss something or is it just a bug? There’s not a lot of navigatible area in there, and I’ve been over every inch.
  2. Awesome! I’ve backtracked to the Temple of KUKULKAN to do the Tomb and a couple of side quests rushed past while helping the queen escape. I’ll head there once I’m done, but let me ask: when you say the side of the city next to the albino area, are you talked no about the fishing village?
  3. I know. Apparently this is just me being the biggest idiot walking Based on what you and someone else pointed out, I’ve been searching the fishing village just outside the market. I’ve searched the area around the waterfall by the Fishing Village base camp as can’t find the access point people have mentioned. I found a small pool of water nearby that has an underwater tunnel, but I can’t squeeze through from the HC side. There’s a cave high above this, but that doesn’t look right to me. I have an IQ above room tempature and am generally pretty good at this game, but this stupid thing is kicking my behind. Or, more accurately, I’m doing that to myself. Regardless, I’m just about ready to give up—if for no other reason than to save some shred of dignity.
  4. Yeah, I have completed the amulet retrieval side mission, which is why this is so frustrating. I didn’t think I had undertaken a quest in that area, but if you’re right, I must have. Although, you’d think I would have come across one of the two base camps in that area. Regardless, finding this stupid access point has turned into my bete noire. At this point, I’m blaming myself and not the game. Which means I’m like Jim Carey in “Liar, Liar,” who kicks his own a*s.
  5. I am well into the game (just finishing the Rebellion Lives Mission and moving into the next map region), but there is a large area in the Hidden City I haven’t been able to access. I wanted to take a break from the main missions to explore Tomb challenges and crypts I hadn’t come across naturally in the game. Which I thought was the key features of this franchise. However, I have spent hours trying to gain access to an area in the Hidden City region, where there are active crypts, tombs and challenges marked on my map. I’ve tried approaching the area from every conceivable direction, and I’m just about at my wit’s end. I’ve tried going through the abandoned village, tried going into areas only accessible by underwater tunnels. I’ve run around like an idiot just trying to find the way in. The area I’m speaking of has an Albino Capybara hunting area at its center. South of that is an unnamed Challenge Tomb, and south of that is a crypt and 1 of 4 Speak of the Dead crypt secrets. From what I can tell online, there are base camps within that area that I have not yet discovered (it looks like one may be the Wild Jungle base camp), but if I can’t access the area, then how am I supposed to discovered the camps. It’s gotten to a point where it’s ruining for me what would otherwise be a fantastic game. I don’t remember ROTR or its predecessor making this kind of navigation quite so difficult. More often than not, those games had built-in quests that naturally placed the player into those areas. I’ve run around the HC talking to all the villagers at least twice, and no dialogue has triggered a quest or offered a hint into the area. I don’t mind hard challenges, but this is ridiculous. In fact, anytime a game starts to feel like work (the exact opposite of what games—of any kind—are meant to do), then everything that’s good about it (and there’s a lot of good here) is instantly erased. For the love of Mike, can someone please tell me how to access this area? And if you have a minute, please try to be as specific as possible. Cheers!


LARA CROFT ONLINE TOMB RAIDER HOME PAGE

© Lara Croft Online All rights reserved. "Serving Tomb Raider Fans Since 2001"

Lara Croft ® and Tomb Raider ™ are trademarks of © CDE Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.