Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Back up of the game

Featured Replies

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the best place for the question, but here it goes:

I'm almost finishing TR2, but I'll have to format my computer, and don't want to loose all I've played. Can it be done? How?

Thanks!!

Go to C:\Program Files\Core Design\Tomb Raider II. In that folder are some files named from savegame.0 to savegame.15. Just copy these savegame files out to somewhere safe, and once you've re-installed TR2 after the format, copy and paste them back into the Tomb Raider II folder.

:)

  • Author

Hey, I went to Program Files... but there's no savegame there. What I found was a folder named "backup" with an aplicative named "Tomb2" of about 900 Kb inside, just like another one that is outsite the folder.

Look:

tomb2pn0.jpg

Thanks for your attention!!

Edited by Stewie

This is what my TR2 folder looks like:

tr2installfolder.jpg

Those files named "Savegame.0", "Savegame.1" and so on are the savegame files. Those are the ones you need to keep in order to save your progress.

The folder Shrensh specified is where the savegames should be, however I don't know if they save them elsewhere in different language versions of the game. The best thing to do is to go to Start > Search. Then specify the file you want to find (And search all files) as 'savegame.0' (That's if you did save it in the first slot).

This should find the file wherever it may be, bringing up the folder name, etc so that you can find the rest. Backup all of those files and save them onto a disc, or pen drive and then add them back after the re-format.

As far as I'm aware too, on XP the files are 'User account' specific. So, go into Start > My Computer > C: > Documents and Setting > (Your account name)

Try to locate a local file either called 'Eidos', 'Core Design', or 'TR2'. If they're anywhere, they should be in there.

Hope that helps,

MsC

Yeah, doing a search would be a very good idea.

If you can't find the files like that though, can you right-click on the shortcut you use to run the game (either on your desktop or on the Start Menu), choose Properties, and tell me what it says next to "Start In" on the Shortcut tab? It's the line highlighted here:

tr2properties.jpg

The location in that line should hopefully tell us where your game is putting its saves. I just want to check if your game is running from a location other than your Tomb Raider II folder for some reason.

If you didn't notice he/she is using Vista and Shrensh is using XP. Vista uses different directories to XP. But a search will find it. unless Vista uses a different name for the savegames.

Ah, I didn't notice that, thanks Fusion. I would have thought that the saves would be in the same location no matter which version of Windows is being used, but I haven't used Vista so I don't know what it does with TR save games. Maybe it hides them...

Doing a search will probably be the easiest way to find the files, I think, unless there's someone with Vista experience who can help?

Well, I have Vista, but I don't have TR2 installed on my system, however whenever I have installed some games, the saves, templates or whatever are placed in 'My Documents', either labelled as the producer's name, i.e Eidos, or the game name, Tomb Raider 2.

Hope that helps!

MsC

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Guys, thanks for everything, but after my last post the pc just didn't start anymore. So I sent it to a guy to fix and all he did was saving the whole tomb raider II folder on programs and files, and reinstalled XP. If it was there, lucky mine, if it wasn't, guess I'll have to play it all again :-/

But thanks, anyway.

I'll install TR2 again on XP when I have time and try to paste the files I saved on the folder to see what happens and let you guys know!!

Stewie

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...


LARA CROFT ONLINE TOMB RAIDER HOME PAGE

© Lara Croft Online All rights reserved. "Serving Tomb Raider Fans Since 2001"

Lara Croft ® and Tomb Raider ™ are trademarks of © CDE Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.