Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New screenshots released

Featured Replies

http://static.gamesradar.com/images/mb//Ga...-screenshot.jpg

http://static.gamesradar.com/images/mb//Ga...-screenshot.jpg

http://static.gamesradar.com/images/mb//Ga...-screenshot.jpg

http://static.gamesradar.com/images/mb//Ga...-screenshot.jpg

http://static.gamesradar.com/images/mb//Ga...-screenshot.jpg

http://i327.photobucket.com/albums/k443/ki..._LOW_REZ-16.jpg

And now the Article :D

http://www.gamesradar.com/pc/tomb-raider-u...923114210589037

My thoughts:

The filename is Med_ship for some of them. So obviously there is a sunken ship in the Mediterranean that Lara will find. And I read on a discussion board that in the trailer this looks like the kind of place where Natla is seen which it does. And remember Natla was 'killed' on a island that blew up she could have easily got into the water and swam down. Look at the second pic see that wavy stuff at the top? is that water or a cobweb

notice lara has her backpack thats good

I love how this is so close to being TR2 it might be a little hint maybe. it says in the article that the games artefact has a connection to lara's past.

Edited by BPanther

ooo wow, they look great!! :woho:

I agree, it looks like a ship and I think it is in a vertical position, because if you tilt your head, you can see that what she's climbing can be the floor of the ship. I've saved the pics and turned them around a bit, what do you think??

You can see the doors on the side, some vents and a fire extinguisher on the left... ohh and the lamps on the ceiling!

ship-edited.jpg

ship-rotate2.jpg

:rolleyes:

Thanks for sharing!! :lol:

BPanther

I didnt realise before but your second pic you can see that those 'floor tiles' are falling that so cool, and it might mean that the ship has recently sank. That climb will be full of tension. and the wavy stuff i mentioned i think its gas or some type of smoke. Finally the two pictures you posted are working like a storyboard I thought they were separate but the second one happened first and you can see smoke at the top

Edited by Fusion

maybe she sinks with it? lol We see her on a ship/some fancy boat and then swimming... we never see her diving from the boat, do we??

Love the guessing game! :smiley:

BP

I dunno I think the squid is on the ship

Love the guessing too

Edited by Fusion

*Spoilers ahead*

We don't know for sure that what we're seeing in these screenshots is from the Kraken level. If Natla is indeed in the Med, like I think she is, Lara may visit her more than once and, therefore, visit the Med more than once. Or, Natla is in that ship...who knows...I love this game so much already.

MsC

mini bump, I think people might think this is a old thread but i posted yesterday

Oh dangit, now look I'm hyperventilating again...

This looks awesome, I love the idea of climbing around in a sunken ship and it's even cooler that the ship is sideways. That's one of the coolest things that happened in Tomb Raider 2, and it's nice to see that kind of thing again.

It seems like everyone thinks that Natla has been sitting around after she supposedly died in TRA, but perhaps, she's been a busy bee herself over the last 10 years, I mean, it's a long time to be doing nothing, there are a variety of reasons why she could end up on a sunken ship.

Maybe the ship belongs to Natla Industries...

Natla Industries has to be up and running still. Lara should have noticed the boxes on the level "bolivia redux" from Tomb Raider Legend. There are crates that say "Natla Industries" on them in that level... It's hard to believe that Lara would fail to notice that Natla's company is still running 10 years after her death though...

it's my guess that Natla's now working her company underground. Nobody even knows what she's up to, but she's still plotting evil things from the deep... Maybe she even has followers now? Like a cult. Wouldn't that be a twist? Natla, is afterall, technically a goddess, isn't she?

I personally think she's been recovering for the past 10 years and getting others (I.e. Rutland and/or Amanda) to do her dirty work.

She does state that she cannot die in Tomb Raider: Anniversary, but that doesn't necessarily mean she can't be damaged, and getting a huge pillar crushed onto you is gonna do some serious damage. Also, you can see her wing at the end of the 2nd trailer and she's in a huge tube thing that looks like some containment tube or incubator a baby would be in. The boxes are from Amanda and Rutland in Bolivia: Redux, so that further backs up that they might be working with/for her.

As for the ship...it does indeed look like it's currently sinking as the floor is hanging off and falling but maybe Lara's weight is causing that to happen, so I can't really be sure that it is sinking in those screenshots, but if Natla's gonna be anywhere, she'll be in the Med....I hope.

MsC

well boss battles have been eliminated how is this going to work :huh:?

im sure if she is alive, and she is cause cause we've heard her speak; that a glass tube wont hold her. But it did take a nuclear explosion to release her last time. I think that something's happened like they found this god or mutant thing (natla) brought it aboard and then the ship sank, maybe there is a room full of stuff that was found and brought on the ship, and Lara is looking for something and finds Natla too.

I dont have a quote cause i cant be bothered to look but it said in one of the new articles something about a slaughtered crew (as a possibility) im betting that is what's happened

Oh and MsC, Rutland is dead. Lara says sorry to Amanda (for killing him) and Amanda is crying over his body, remember? Unless you were talking about before he was killed in which case its true he was working for her. The crates were put there cause they weren't there in the first Bolivia level...

Edited by Fusion

Yes, I meant before he died (I remember specifically because I was overjoyed :lol: ). Also, if you look at the markings on the walls in the Med levels and then at Amanda's tattoos, they bear a striking resembelence to one another.

And true, a glass tube wouldn't generally normally hold Natla, but like I said, maybe she's been weakened by the huge pillar being crushed on top of her and Lara needs Thor's hammer to stop her before she regains her full strength....or maybe the God that Lara needs to kill is the God of the underworld...not Natla.

If there really are no boss battles, it kind of makes more sense as I have a feeling we won't be swinging the hammer around with us like we did Excalibur as it does have the power to level mountains. She'll use it in a cutscene most likely.

Also, the seventh age is most likely going to be talked about in this adventure. I've done some research and the Mayans believed in 'ages', where at the end of one cycle of an age, a particular race (I think it also includes plants, water etc) would disappear on Earth and a new cycle would begin. If the seventh age is what kills humans off, then Lara may just be the one to do it...however, if CrystalD are sticking with the Mayans actual cycles, the end of the 5th age is apparantely 2012...when humans are supposedly dying according to others (Not the end of the world like so many believe), so maybe the seventh age is the end of the world...

Also, the Mayan calander is separated into 7 stages of Man, which are known as ages. And, according to the Mayans, in the fifth age, humanity will realize its spiritual destiny. In the sixth age, we will realize God within ourselves, and in the seventh age we will become so spiritual that we will be telepathic.

Finally, according to some calenders, the end of the fourth world (also known as an age), was August 12, 3113 BCE, when Atlantis fell...quite important to Natla, I would think.

MsC

Edited by Ms.Croft

"what is the seventh age?"

"how far are you willing to go to find out lara!"

does that mean lara will be around thousands of years time lol. Or maybe she's immortal. Or did it generally mean what it meant. im not going to tell you. Dont try to understand it cause your only mortal.

"You are my new favorite person" Ms. Croft! :lol:

So Brilliant and educated. :D^_^

My great grandmother new how to speak the Mayan language. It's entirely different from Spanish.

I did here about the 7 ages of man before. I think it's been changed up time and time again.

I also am Mayan and I have 2 Mayan God plaques here at home.

I have the god of water and the god of Maze.

The Plaques are made of wood.

I would show them to you all but im gonna need a better camera.

Im from Guatemala and Puerto Rico and from the good ol' USA. :PB)

Edited by tombraiderguy is back

If there really are no boss battles, it kind of makes more sense as I have a feeling we won't be swinging the hammer around with us like we did Excalibur as it does have the power to level mountains. She'll use it in a cutscene most likely.

MsC

How great would it be to see lara cracking mercenary skulls with a priceless artefact

How great would it be to see lara cracking mercenary skulls with a priceless artefact

Lol, yes, I was hoping we would be able to swing it around, but with that level of power, I'm not so sure. Again, though, I hope CrystalD explain what happened to Excalibur, it seems to have just been forgotten about by Lara...or maybe it lost its power when it was used in the Dais in Bolivia...

And Mike/tombraiderguy is back, if you are calling me educated, I wouldn't go that far, but thanks for the compliment lol. I just read a lot of books on ancient cultures before I go to bed :lol:

MsC

Lol, yes, I was hoping we would be able to swing it around, but with that level of power, I'm not so sure. Again, though, I hope CrystalD explain what happened to Excalibur, it seems to have just been forgotten about by Lara...or maybe it lost its power when it was used in the Dais in Bolivia...

MsC

The swords got to be around somewhere. Im actually very confused. There are multiple swords and multiple daises. So why arent we finding one of them and going to avalon? why are we looking for hammer to kill a god. Oh and in Legend Rutland and Amanda were looking for the sword, but now Amanda seems to be past it and doesn't want it. I dunno why she wanted to go to Avalon anyway. This better be well explained in game, leaving a cliff hanger for this long will kill me.

The swords got to be around somewhere. Im actually very confused. There are multiple swords and multiple daises. So why arent we finding one of them and going to avalon? why are we looking for hammer to kill a god. Oh and in Legend Rutland and Amanda were looking for the sword, but now Amanda seems to be past it and doesn't want it. I dunno why she wanted to go to Avalon anyway. This better be well explained in game, leaving a cliff hanger for this long will kill me.

I can tell you what I think...in spoilers! :lol:

The whole message Toby Gard, and the story team are trying to get across here, is that various cultures have different beliefs, icons, etc, but they all apply to the same remnants of the ancient world...for example, in Hindu culture, their heaven would be literally the same as the heaven in Christianity if you could visit it, except they have their own belief as to what it would be like (I'm not saying this is true, I just think this is the message Underworld is trying to convey).

This fits into Avalon being a place quite like heaven in description to the Celtics. The Norse mythology, similarly, have their own heaven, which could possibly be visited with the use of Thor's Hammer. Now, like I stated earlier, if various myths use different names but do all apply to the same remnants of the ancient world, Avalon and the Norse Mythology's Heaven would be exactly the same place and therefore, Lara's mother would be there.

That's what I believe Lara means by "Various Myths use different names but they all apply to the same remnants of the ancient world."

MsC

I can tell you what I think...in spoilers! :lol:

The whole message Toby Gard, and the story team are trying to get across here, is that various cultures have different beliefs, icons, etc, but they all apply to the same remnants of the ancient world...for example, in Hindu culture, their heaven would be literally the same as the heaven in Christianity if you could visit it, except they have their own belief as to what it would be like (I'm not saying this is true, I just think this is the message Underworld is trying to convey).

This fits into Avalon being a place quite like heaven in description to the Celtics. The Norse mythology, similarly, have their own heaven, which could possibly be visited with the use of Thor's Hammer. Now, like I stated earlier, if various myths use different names but do all apply to the same remnants of the ancient world, Avalon and the Norse Mythology's Heaven would be exactly the same place and therefore, Lara's mother would be there.

That's what I believe Lara means by "Various Myths use different names but they all apply to the same remnants of the ancient world."

MsC

ahh, thanks, thinking of what Alister and lara say in Peru confirms this.

"Remind you of something?"

"The king Arthur myth? yes the similarities are striking."

...

"The great flood everyone has that one too"

Im sure you're right in saying the 'stories' or myths have different variations between cultures.

its shown all over Legend thinking about it. Veracocha's staff (*spelling) used to do something (cant remember) is the same as the sword fragment that Takamoto has which he says he is fond of recovering artefacts off dead Englishmen. So its the same but its different by culture

You really are clever :D

Your Welcome Ms. Croft.

I wonder if Amanda will actually continue to be in the story.

I wonder if she might even help Natla or could even be some sort of Relative.

Maybe Amanda was double crossed by Natla.

Who knows what happened between the Times of Paraiso(tragic accident)c and Bolivia Redux.

Amanda learned Russian. Maybe Amanda is pretty smart. SHe could almost be as smart as Lara.

But that could never happen ;):lol:^_^

Lara & Fusion -- I can't remember but did Lara take the Excalibur with her or did she leave it in that stone when it exploded [ending]?

she took it i remember it swinging as she went across the zip wire again

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...


LARA CROFT ONLINE TOMB RAIDER HOME PAGE

© Lara Croft Online All rights reserved. "Serving Tomb Raider Fans Since 2001"

Lara Croft ® and Tomb Raider ™ are trademarks of © CDE Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.