Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Discuss the ENDING

Featured Replies

Have you already beaten the game? Are you shocked? Happy? Confused? Angry? Or if you're like me and have to wait a few months before the PS2 game comes out -- you're just ready to know how it ends??

Discuss it ALL here.

No spoiler tags needed.

Wel i don't know how i should feel about the ending. Everytime i keep on thinking that this could be the final TR of which i hope it isn't...

and JEEZ this game was short... even shorter than TR Legend. I did thought it was to bad she didn't found her mother alive, i have heard her mother was supossed to be a half thrall or something... but it seemed to me her mother was just a zombie. But ohwell it was to be expected. I do hope Natla is REALLY dead this time. So Lara and Amanda are left... but they still will never be friends again. And i thought it was kinda funny Lara got the excalibur sword back.

Oh you said no tags needed... but i will use them, just in case. :rolleyes:

I thought the ending was extremely poetic...and it's definitely not the end.

And yes, Amelia's face was intentionally half-thrall due to Hel. Hel is the woman who rules over Helheim and is a woman with half a face (You should have seen her picture when Natla was performing the ritual), and I think that's what Nalta meant by delicious irony as it's ironic on so many levels.

As for the length..TR:U took me 10 hours to complete compared to 6 for Annivesary and 4 for Legend, so I guess it depends on what you do.

And as for the actual ending...well...I dunno, it felt a bit contrived to me...a bit cheap. I wanted to see Natla definitely die, become vaporised, or whatever because in my mind, falling into that blue poison only means she could be still alive....which isn't good in my opinion. The Natla thing should be over now, though I do love how evil she is.

As for Amanda, I'm rather happy what they did with her character. She's still angry at Lara even at the end of the game like it would be. No one would forgive someone that quickly, and I'm glad she still wants to kill her; that was a good move to me.

This game, to me, felt like a wrap up of the mother plot line, which I think was signified by Lara picking up the paper she drew as a 10 year old at the end. She left it there as a 'Memorial' to her mother, and now that it's over, she can pick it up again and leave with it, as in leaving her mother behind.

There's definitely more of Lara to come, and I'm glad it'll be a fresh story!

MsC

I havent played but I have seen all the cutscenes from before it was released. And I hate the ending I dont think it was very thorough and it really felt like I had ...(not got the game yet, but you know what I mean) wasted money buying the last ones for this ending which was so disappointing.

one minute things are good then they are bad then theres a boss fight, then things are still bad then they go good by that I mean

finds her mom, but oh shes a zombie. talking with Natla. kills Natla, then she's trapped with Amanda, then they escape

it angers me because although its their intention they have robbed us of money for a game that could continue into a story thats dragged on for 3 games (im including anniversary cause answers were given from that game in this) Also CD have messed up the PS2 version, and excluded all consoles apart from Xbox. I think they are making bad decisions, so im not too annoyed with the ending im annoyed with the company

I thought the ending was so-so, but my fav part is when lara stretches her hand out to Amanda, and well Amanda is kinda thinking about it for a bit but eventually does grab her hand. Ye, I don't know about Natla, like Ms.C said she could still be alive, but if she did actually died in this TR then it was a very soft way of killing her lol.

I'm actually glad that we didn't have to fight Natla like in Anniversary. Of Course, it was annoying when she kept throwing the fireballs at you. The ending was okay. But the sword, how was it taken from Lara? Was it taken when the house blew up or before the game started, and how did it get to the Last Level?

I do hope that Natla is dead. I think that Amanda will be back after she walked away from Lara, but we do know the Mother plot has been completed.

Lara, "Goodbye mother, and Rest In Peace."

It's the sword her mother pulled out when she got sent to 'Avalon'. There are 3 swords as far as I can tell as there were 3 dais (Though there are possibly more, which means more swords.) in Legend.

MsC

oh. I was really hoping to use the sword that Lara acquired in Legend in Underworld. It would have made a nice addition to her arsenal.

In my opinion i am not satisfid whit the ending.

I had still some questions like: Where was Allister if he went to Avalon.

I didnt see him.

About Amanda, Is she going to be good again or still bad?

And her mother was that really her mother?? And what happend to her??

Amanda said that she was not dead (in the end of legend) but to me she looked more like a zombie than alive.

Well i hope that there will be more lara to come.

Whit longer levels and a complete new story line.

Alister died so he's in the afterlife somewhere/reincarnated as a snail/whatever happens after one dies. Amanda, who knows. She was still pretty angry at the end. I rather like her so I hope she returns sometime in the future, though not necessarily in the next game. Lara's mother got turned into a zombie after she was transported to Helheim.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...


LARA CROFT ONLINE TOMB RAIDER HOME PAGE

© Lara Croft Online All rights reserved. "Serving Tomb Raider Fans Since 2001"

Lara Croft ® and Tomb Raider ™ are trademarks of © CDE Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.