Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

During "Mountain Descent" -- help! keep crashing into trees on PC version, no matter how I steer on left-right keys!!

Featured Replies

Are any other players using PC (Windows 8) via Steam having very great difficulty getting through the Mountain Descent phase when Lara's parachuting through a tangled puzzle of trees!?  No matter how I press left-right keys on keyboard, she just keeps getting stabbed by branches and has to go weaving at high speed through this! Anyone have a "code" or detailed steps (or better yet, a way to skip over this frustrating scene!?

I have two ideas: One is to try turning down your graphics settings, even if it's just for QTEs and sequences like this where you need fairly precise button presses. It may help the computer recognize what you're doing and respond more quickly. If that fails, there are save files for all levels on my site at http://tombraiders.net/stella/savegame/TR9saves.html. The Mountan Descent level has only two files--one at the start and one after landing just outside Shantytown. Instructions are linked there, but if you have any questions I'm sure we can help you here.

  • Author

Thanks, Tom and Stellalune, for your suggestions -- will try those and hopefully continue the game without any more thorny snags! 

  • Author

Hi, Stellalune -- I tried the first (graphics settings) approach, but that didn't change anything, so I clicked on that link you showed me for "save files" --- when I try to use that link, I'm taken to "Winzip" to extract the file (but where does this file go in order to affect this part of the game?) I assume this link will take me past this parachuting episode and relocate me to the next "safe" level?!  Thanks again for your patience and help!

Hi again. The instructions for how to install saves are linked from the page with the downloads. Here's the direct link: 

http://tombraiders.net/stella/walks/TR9walk/savefiles.html

It's a lot of info, but the first part is just general stuff--what are save files, how do they work, etc.--so the actual instructions are in the numbered list below. If you have any questions, just give a shout. :)

  • Author

Well, it happens that, finally, after a few more parachuting attempts, I landed (from the "frying pan into the fire" actually!)  So, the lesson learned is that persistence, practice and focus does bring the player forward in this game!  Still, good to know there are "shortcuts" and other ways to unravel the knots..................Enjoy game-playing and good luck to all!

  • 1 year later...

Your walk through mentions a "Short Video" to help here, but I can't see where this is!!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...


LARA CROFT ONLINE TOMB RAIDER HOME PAGE

© Lara Croft Online All rights reserved. "Serving Tomb Raider Fans Since 2001"

Lara Croft ® and Tomb Raider ™ are trademarks of © CDE Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.