Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Problem with jumping a gap in Mexico (Midgard Serpent)

Featured Replies

Yeah, what it says in the title... I've just done the bit with the two calendar puzzles and the timed run on the motorcycle. Now I'm underground and need to get over this gap:

post-7-1227478701_thumb.jpg

I'm assuming I need to do it with the motorcycle, but can't seem to get up the speed. Any tips, people who've done it before? Do I need to jump it with the motorcycle or do I need to do something else first? I've heard there's a bug with this level, but I don't know where it occurs and want to make sure I haven't encountered it. If it isn't a bug, there's no need to give any specifics about what I need to do to cross it, I just need to know if it's possible...

EDIT: on investigation it seems to be a bug and the wooden ramp there is supposed to be up, and opinion seems to be divided on what causes it. I don't suppose any kind PC player would have a spare savegame from right at the beginning of the Midgard Serpent section with the ramp up, would they? If I do the level all over again and encounter the same problem I'll probably pull all my hair out...

Edited by Shrensh

Is that the first set of bridges? If so, yeah... it's supposed to be up... I think I have a savegame, I'll check...

EDIT:

I've got a savegame, yeah. I'm not really sure how close it is from the beginning,it's the first one I have, but you can try! :)

And, when I came online i was planning to post a screenie of this location and how Lara got stuck in one of the jumps:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v170/BPa...rrent=stuck.jpg

:smiley:

Savegame_7.zip

BP

  • Author

Thanks BP! Apparently the bug was triggered by my doing the skull calendar puzzle first and the jaguar head one second, although some people have reported doing the puzzles in both orders and still encountering the bug. I have a save at the beginning of Mexico but there's no guarantee that it'll solve my problem...

no wonder you folks are stuck

:mellow:

there is not enough space in those ruins for Lara to ride a motorycycle through

:rolleyes:

Ha ha, yeah, I'm finding the motorcycle rather unwieldy and awkward to control :rolleyes:

Thanks BP! Apparently the bug was triggered by my doing the skull calendar puzzle first and the jaguar head one second, although some people have reported doing the puzzles in both orders and still encountering the bug. I have a save at the beginning of Mexico but there's no guarantee that it'll solve my problem...

Ha ha, yeah, I'm finding the motorcycle rather unwieldy and awkward to control :rolleyes:

couldn't be worse than the sidecar bike in TRLR?

remember that?

especially when you had to back it up?

:rolleyes:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...


LARA CROFT ONLINE TOMB RAIDER HOME PAGE

© Lara Croft Online All rights reserved. "Serving Tomb Raider Fans Since 2001"

Lara Croft ® and Tomb Raider ™ are trademarks of © CDE Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.