Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ahhh... what it could had been if it came true!!

Featured Replies

I came across this by accident; if only it was true!!

Under the paragraph titled TR Next Generation (we know know it as AOD):

http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:14QtSu...=clnk&gl=us

Tomb Raider: Next Generation

In the October issue of The Official Playstation Magazine, they have some very interesting news about Tomb Raider Next Generation. It sounds like it will be very different from the Tomb Raider we are used to; hopefuly it will be in a good way.

It seems that we won't have to wait too long for the next installment of the Tomb Raider series. Once the blatant stopgap game that is Tomb Raider 5-sorry, ''Chronicles''-is out of the way, we get the ''real'' sequel. Our contacts deep within the bowels of Core Design and Eidos are somewhat evasive about the plot behind the game, but it seems that it picks up right after the end of Tomb 4. At the moment, what follows is just speculation based on the scant details we've heard, but most importantly you should know that Lara's not dead after all (surprise, sur-frickin'-prise). Didn't see that one coming, did we now?

Lara is, however, likely to be a somewhat-changed girl...although she'll still boast a rack that must surely get in her way as she jumps around so athletically. Expect to see some changes to Ms. Croft's appearance too, including a much-needed haircut (that 'do was sooo '70s) and a whole new wardrobe with lots of swishy cloaks ripe for John Woo-style slow-mo swishy cloak scenes. Word on the street is that the new game is much grittier than before. I did manage to squeeze some info out of someone close to the project. who described the game as ''much darker''. Is this ''pissed-off Lara'' that we'll see, then? Could be. Apparently she's not the only star of the game either.

There's even more news about Tomb Raider Next Generation. This comes from j7wild at the Raider Distance Forum, and the Eidos Forum.

"Lara’s back, this time with a ton of attitude, a longer ponytail, a more detailed body, facial features and aimed at a entirely new age group. These are the very first details of the Sony PlayStation 2 version of the game, and you should prepare yourself for Lara as you’ve never seen her before. According to Core boss Adrian Smith, Lara "is forced into something. We can’t say what yet. Art theft plays a big part, and you should be thinking along the lines of, ‘Vampires have walked with us for centuries’. Except it isn’t Vampires." FMV of the game show Lara pilfering the Mona Lisa, gassing guards and running through stunning environments. A dungeon is shown with manacles hanging from the ceiling, and a scene shows Lara escaping the truncheon-laden caress of the riot police. Believe us when we say that this is the most exciting thing ever seen containing the bust-heavy heroine. You won’t be playing this

until next Christmas (2001). Art. Handcuffs. Gas. A New Lara. A new game console. A new game engine."

I still dream of a better AOD with Japanese Lara:

(yup, this was one version of Lara, Eidos and Core considered for AOD)

LaraExp2001b.jpg

LaraExp2001a.jpg

I am probably one of the few people who actually enjoyed playing AOD!!

:lol:

Edited by J7Dadda

  • 1 month later...

I remember unlocking this video after playing through TR: Chronicles and I was :o :o :o throughout the whole video!

It looked great with so much action and a deep story, but we were promised so much (maybe even TOO much?) and even after the constant delays, AOD still wasn't finished...

I enjoyed it at the time, but in retrospect I think it's a terrible game.

I'm wondering if the new Origins will suffer the same fate as AOD, since they both have darker elements to what we're used to?

I hope not!!!!

As long as it's finished and playable.

Oh, and exciting too!

;)

Oh I remember that video as well. I remember when AOD finally came out too, I didn't rush out to buy it right away. There was a lot of people not happy with it. But I eventually gave in, and I bought it used at Electronics Boutique (now Gamestop) for less than $10. I gave the game a spin, and spin I did, I finished the game in just over a week on my first play through. I still have the game to this day, its sitting in my collection of games.

  • Author

now they want to rush the new TR game out by 2010 and I think it's gonna be another AOD

if that happens, it will be the end of the TR franchise - I don't care if Square is doing it

if they get another AOD turkey on their hand because they are in a hurry to get the game on the store shelves - we can kiss Lara goodbye forever

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...


LARA CROFT ONLINE TOMB RAIDER HOME PAGE

© Lara Croft Online All rights reserved. "Serving Tomb Raider Fans Since 2001"

Lara Croft ® and Tomb Raider ™ are trademarks of © CDE Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.