Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Checkpoint Glitch - Shantytown

Featured Replies

Hi. Firstly I'm new so apologies if this has been posted previously but I wonder whether I am the only one experiencing a possible glitch at this point in the game? I think it's in Shantytown. Lara has just acquired the flaming arrows and has to use them to do battle with a mass wave of enemies. I can get through the first half of the battle and the game checkpoints, however, I'm struggling and keep dying (there's just too many of them!) so naturally I expect the game to reload at the last checkpoint, however it always reloads the start of the battle so I keep having to do it right from the start again only to keep dying. Is there a way around this and has anyone else found this? It's really irritating me and when I keep dying I no longer want to play! Thanks.

  • Author

Can someone please please help me past this bit? Dying over and over is not my idea of a good time and it's starting to ruin the game for me!

Change the difficulty of the game if you haven't done so already.

When an enemy gets up close to you, use the evade button to dodge out of their way. This will also enable you to do finishing moves to kill them, depending on what skills you've chosen. Shoot the exploding barrels for some extra kills. Switch out your weapons; don't try to only use the bow because it can be a bit too slow for an intense fight like this. The rifle is good for long-distance kills and the shotgun is great for when enemies get too close. If you shoot enemies in the legs, that can stun then which will let you pull off melee moves to finish them off. Try to stay behind cover as much as possible, and shoot enemies in the head for a quick kill and extra XP (I liked changing to the pistol for doing headshots in a fight like this).

  • Author

Thanks, Crazy Cat Lady. I think I've already tried most of those tactics. I only have it on Normal as it is (!) but if I change it for this part of the game, would I be able to change it back again afterwards?

  • Author

Thank you, Shrensh. I finally got past this horrible part! Changing the difficulty worked but I feel like such a failure lol

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...


LARA CROFT ONLINE TOMB RAIDER HOME PAGE

© Lara Croft Online All rights reserved. "Serving Tomb Raider Fans Since 2001"

Lara Croft ® and Tomb Raider ™ are trademarks of © CDE Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.