Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

I know Halloween was last week but this is creepy!

Featured Replies

  • Author

I love bananas, but luckily I come from a country with killer monster spiders so I ain't scared of finding one in my bag of bananas :lol:

I ain't even going near the bananas display in the produce section of the ding ding store.

QUESTION:

Did this lady not look at the bananas before she picked a bunch off the produce display shelves?

When you buy fruits and produce, you always want to check for blemishes and freshness and possible rotted parts.

You don't just grab the first one on top of the stack and put it in the cart!

The bananas may have already packed in a plastic bag, so she might not have been able to see them properly. I bought some bananas when I went to the shop earlier, but they didn't come with any spiders. Nuts, I wanted some adorable fuzzy little pets :(

  • Author

Nuts, I wanted some adorable fuzzy little pets :(

What?

:blink:

They will bite you and kill you!

:angry2:

I bet you had some venomous Spiders in S.A.!

:mellow:

Yeah, we had some pretty scary spiders in SA. One time a giant mouse-sized spider crawled up onto one of our dining room chairs and sat on the back. We decided that the spider could have the chair if it wanted it so badly, so we picked up the chair and put it outside and locked the door :lol:

  • Author

We have brown recluse spiders here.

That's why we put our shoes upside down when we take them off.

Their bites causes your own flesh to start devouring itself with crazy enzymes. The effect usually doesn't start until days after the bite.
Amputations after necrosis triggered by a brown recluse bite are not uncommon. Usually with good medical treatment they just leave you with horrible scarring and sometimes muscular atrophy.
Do not do a Google image search for these spider bites. They will give you nightmares.

We have brown recluse spiders here.

That's why we put our shoes upside down when we take them off.

Their bites causes your own flesh to start devouring itself with crazy enzymes. The effect usually doesn't start until days after the bite.
Amputations after necrosis triggered by a brown recluse bite are not uncommon. Usually with good medical treatment they just leave you with horrible scarring and sometimes muscular atrophy.
Do not do a Google image search for these spider bites. They will give you nightmares.

now I really hate bananas!

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Author
Now even the Grapes are not safe!












First bananas, now grapes? No fruit is safe!


A Pennsylvania woman got quite the shock Thursday when she was washing some red grapes and felt her fingers brush up against something slimy. Yvonne Whalen saw a long spider leg creep over the top of one of the pieces of fruit and immediately dropped the colander into the sink.


A spider expert later confirmed what Whalen's initial Internet search revealed -- it was a young black widow crawling on the grapes.


The appetite-ruining find follows several similar instances of the deadly spiders found on grapes at supermarkets in Michigan, Missouri, Minnesota and Wisconsin, Food Safety News reports.


Yvonne Duckhorn was inspecting a container of red grapes at a Aldi supermarket in Wauwatosa, Wis., earlier this month, when she spotted something peculiar.


"I saw the legs moving frantically," Duckhorn recalled to the Milwaukee-Wisconsin Journal Sentinel. "I've seen bugs on fruit before, and I thought, 'That is a very big spider.' Nothing I'd ever seen before."


Duckhorn wrapped the container in a plastic bag and handed it off to an employee, warning that she spotted a red marking on the spider's abdomen -- a common characteristic of Black widows. As a precaution, the chain opted to remove all grapes from stores in the Milwaukee area.


In another incident this month in Michigan, 20-year-old Callum Merry noticed a spider web in a bag of grapes purchased at a Kroger store in Brighton.


"I looked in the grapes and there was a black widow staring right at me," Merry told ABC affiliate WXYZ-TV. While Merry wanted to release the spider outside, fortunately, his 14-year-old recognized the danger and intervened.


Black widow spiders -- known for their red, hour-glass shaped insignia -- are venomous and their bite can be fatal, especially in small children and the elderly, without treatment. It's not uncommon for black widows to be found among grapes, since the spiders often build their webs in grape vineyards.


But, black widows are not the only venomous spiders that commonly found on fruits. Earlier this month, a family in the U.K. was forced to flee their home after venomous Brazilian wandering spiders were found on bananas bought at a local supermarket.

  • Author

I'm sticking to cans and fruit cups lol

You don't get as much vitamin and protein with the canned and cups fruit.

Also, they are loaded with sugar and preservatives.

Edited by J7Dadda

  • 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...


LARA CROFT ONLINE TOMB RAIDER HOME PAGE

© Lara Croft Online All rights reserved. "Serving Tomb Raider Fans Since 2001"

Lara Croft ® and Tomb Raider ™ are trademarks of © CDE Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.