Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hot Wheels Elite BACK TO THE FUTURE DeLorean 1:18 Scale

Featured Replies

Hey all, thought I'd like to share with you my other hobby, which I am picking up again but not on a regular basis. I say this because like my lightsaber hobby, this die cast car collecting can get, and is, very expensive. To this end, I'm picky as to what car I collect.

Since this will be BTTF's 30th Anniversary, I thought it would be apt for me to finally get that elusive DeLorean time machine I've always wanted ever since I saw it on the small screen... Yup small screen since I, for some reason or other, totally missed BTTF's original theatrical run.

After watching numerous video reviews of the DeLorean made by 3 toy companies, I settled for Hot Wheels' Elite 1:18 scale version. While it certainly has it pros and cons where certain details are concerned when compared to Sun Star's and Diamond Select's versions, this Hot Wheels Elite version can't be beat in build and detail quality.

This die cast car's body is brushed metal. The wipers are photo-etched for a very realistic look. The tires are rubber and sports the Goodyear GT mark unlike the other two brands. The steering wheel turns and the wheels react accordingly. The wires that run along the car and on the trunk are not molded plastic, rather, are real and are coiled ever so neatly. And as a nice touch, Mr. Fusion can be opened.

IMG_20150713_234729_zpsarvgbuvz.jpg

IMG_20150713_234828_zps3mskvvco.jpg

IMG_20150713_234843_zpsyv8krn8x.jpgIMG_20150714_011819_zpsjdvghmq0.jpgIMG_20150716_093841_hdr_zpsxp9ym7gu.jpg

IMG_20150716_093414_hdr_zpscwkqi5rs.jpg

IMG_20150716_093255_zpsupkjg3ht.jpg

IMG_20150716_092112_zpsixepi3ec.jpg

IMG_20150716_092043_zps3brovj79.jpg

IMG_20150716_091536_zpso2caqoit.jpg

IMG_20150716_091435_zpsm9rrjato.jpg

IMG_20150716_092016_zpskcumfe4m.jpg

IMG_20150716_092237_hdr_zpsxgoaunh8.jpg

IMG_20150716_092210_hdr_zpscv1fh4lw.jpg

IMG_20150716_092415_zpsjd9yebif.jpg

IMG_20150716_094031_hdr_zpsy5usbwau.jpg

IMG_20150716_093937_hdr_zpshebswm9d.jpg

IMG_20150716_093656_hdr_zpsfx43zeb9.jpg

Edited by jedicri

  • Author

Oh cool!

It's beautiful huh? I love mine.

Btw, I sent you a late PM but disregard it now that you've got one, lol.

  • Author

That's a cool looking car. Very detailed. Thanks for sharing. :smiley:

Thanks!

Yes, I love the details on the car. That is one of the main things that drew me to purchase this particular model car.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...


LARA CROFT ONLINE TOMB RAIDER HOME PAGE

© Lara Croft Online All rights reserved. "Serving Tomb Raider Fans Since 2001"

Lara Croft ® and Tomb Raider ™ are trademarks of © CDE Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.