Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What Format will you be playing Rise of the Tomb Raider on?

Featured Replies

For myself initially I was really annoyed when I heard of the exclusive deal

because I bought a PS4 to play the definitive edition and thought also I'd be good to go

for the next game. I didn't want to buy another console you have no idea. I did though and

it's solely because I want to play it in full HD in all it's beauty. I have a 360 but if you ever

saw the definitive edition graphics on the ps4 you can't go backwards. So currently I am working

a lot of overtime in work and some of it went to the Tomb Raider Store,Best Buy and Amazon for this game.

I'm a Tomb Raider Fan and a Tomb Raider Webmaster so.... Go with your wallet and your heart lol.

I inquired Crystal Dynamics if they did any polling on what people claim to be doing and they had no info.

So I figured I'd ask here and see what you guys are doing. A lot seem to say they are either waiting for the pc version

in 3 months and many waiting a year for ps4 and finally some so annoyed they are not playing at all.

Any crazy Tomb Raider fans like me? Just curious.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Yeah ya gotta do what you gotta do. If I didn't get the ROTTR edition I wouldn't be playing atm.

I ordered the collector edition from the TR store and it hasn't come yet. The prima guide from Amazon is delayed

until Dec. 14th so I bought the prima eguide you can view immediately online. I was attempting to capture my gameplay

with a PVR Rocket by Haupauge and Lara and Jonahs voice's cut out and so I'm a little miffed atm. Trying to think of

MacGyver methods next or just play the game and enjoy it.

I'm using the stream to Windows 10 feature and Bandcamp Bandicam (oops...household joke) to capture. Not quite as good quality, but having already bought the Xbox, monitor, and game, I refuse to spend one more dollar on a capture card. Gotta draw the line somewhere. :D

  • Author

You can roam around for hours in this game if you want to lol.

I'm finding the game so far fun and a tad overwhelming with all the options to build your weapons and skills.

I'm just trying to find stuff at the moment and trying to locate all the goodies before I venture further in Siberia.

  • Author

The Tomb Raider Collector Edition Box arrived around 5:30 pm

The box is huge! I don't know how people find room in their home for this stuff.

I'll need another home for my stuff like George Carlin once said lol.

Statue is very nice and comes with a leather journal,Metal case for your game disc and Lara's jade necklace.

Also the game of course which I don't need and am giving to a friend since I have it already.

The journal is great for keeping numbers and passwords on though I'm sure it was intending for rottr notes.

I'm currently in Siberia gathering the stuff to kill the bear and he's very mean trust me.

  • 1 month later...

new to this forum, but am playing Rise on my Xbox360, it seems OK although I think its the hardest Tombraider yet. I'm a bit lost in Installations 

I played on Xbox One and it quickly became my favorite of the Crystal Dynamics games. All the side quests and collectibles kind of slowed the pace of the game a bit, but I think those things are important and also serve to flesh out the backstory. I like that there are more puzzles this time, even if most of them are optional, and I think the plot and characters feel a lot more like ones from the classic games, which to me is a good thing.

I haven't tried the 360 version yet, even though I also own a 360. The graphics are pretty nice on the Xbox One. There are occasional hiccups and glitches, but so far nothing serious. I'm looking forward to playing the PC verison, hopefully in a few weeks. I hope the PS4 version comes out sooner than they initially announced. What a drag having to wait a whole year to play. :(

  • Author

I don't think a lot of Tomb Raider fans played it on the Xbox One and 360. I think they are waiting for either PC or PS4 IMO.

I'm glad I have the extra console now even though I didn't enjoy the way I had to get it to play one game lol.

  • 4 weeks later...

Hi

For me it's the PC just as I have every other Tomb Raider game ever!

I can't wait, only 2 days to go, I have already ordered it on Steam,

The Tomb Raider games are some of the best games to play in 3D Vision.  

Even the older games look great, but Tomb Raider 2013 was fantastic in stereo.

All those big valleys and walks across logs etc. are really scary when you can see the depth falling away, and it's one of the few games that aren't harder to play in 3D, everything renders at the correct dept etc, so that targeting isn't a problem at all.

I'm playing on a 27" 144 FPS monitor.

Mike

Edited by Mike Hawthorne

Got the PC version today.  I'm very early in the game --- Syria --- so yeah, not much to report other than the fact that this game looks absolutely beautiful. 

I haven't yet played with the graphic options and just went with the default settings.  I'll see how it goes.

 

I won't be playing it until it's out on PS4 this year unfortunately -- and even then, it has to be with a good incentive and not at full price, otherwise it's a wait until the end of year sales.

I actually see myself picking up the PS4 version when it comes out.  It won't be the first time I acquired 2 versions from 2 different game platforms (Mass Effect trilogy).

I'm still bothered by the fact that this was a timed exclusive.  I saw some sales numbers this game did for the XBOne but I can't help but wonder how much better the game would have done if it was released simultaneously across all platforms.  

To be honest, I wasn't as excited to be getting this PC Version than I would have been had it been released on November 2015.  It was not like I was rushing to download the game and play it for hours on end as I did the past games.

Having said that, I do look forward to finishing Rise and a nifty episodic game that passed me by last year that's garnered a lot of praise --- Life is Strange, PS4 Limited Edition.  I picked this gem up a few days ago through Amazon since the brick and mortar stores in my area were sold out of it.

Edited by jedicri

Haha! If that were the case, I still wouldn't buy it day one. It's not fair to pull exclusivity deals on an already existing fan base, especially for a franchise that has been around for so long, and I think fans should show that with their pockets.

Did anyone see if anything ever what happened with the Rise of the Tomb Raider Collector's Edition and the statues of Lara being poor quality?

1 hour ago, Tom@LCO said:

Maybe next time it'll be a PS4 exclusive lol OMG what will happen then?

Guess I'll have to buy a PS4. ;) Seriously though, I'm still fuming over this. Not enough to boycott the game but I agree with Morpheanne and others who've said it's a really stupid move for an established franchise, especially one that's been PC and PlayStation based since forever. Even owning an Xbox One and being able to play on the first day felt hollow and kind of sad, since so many of my friends couldn't play. I missed the times when we could all share the Day-One excitement.

  • Author

I agree. I felt the same way. Just as you and being a webmaster you felt compelled to get an Xbox One just to be in the game (pardon the pun) to do your work.

I doubt this will happen again and sadly with all the great reviews the game has gotten so far that everyone couldn't have enjoyed it together on all formats at the same time.

I did get the collector's edition and the statue was pretty good imo. The journal is very nice. I wish it came with the Season Pass though. 

I was thinking today that this game is like Angel of Darkness but with a great review. I'm getting that low participation vibe all around and it really sucks.

I miss that buzz and people asking for help and the chatter. I'm sure even Crystal Dynamics is scratching their heads too except they kinda know why.

They really made a fantastic game in every way this time.

Let's hope the game has some legs when it comes out on PS4 and or when it goes on sale for pc or something.

Indeed. The people who actually worked on the game must be crying at the mess made by those higher up on the business side. They did such an awesome job only to have their work go unrecognized or even insulted by so many long-timefans. :(  I try to keep my criticism of the bussiness decisions separate from my appreciation for the game.

  • 4 weeks later...

I was going to wait and get the game in a Steam sale, but I did a hardware upgrade this month and I got a free copy of Rise with my new graphics card :lol: Installed it yesterday, and thoroughly enjoying it so far. It's a great game!

  • Author
7 hours ago, Shrensh said:

I was going to wait and get the game in a Steam sale, but I did a hardware upgrade this month and I got a free copy of Rise with my new graphics card :lol: Installed it yesterday, and thoroughly enjoying it so far. It's a great game!

Upgrades with benefits! Sweet :)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...


LARA CROFT ONLINE TOMB RAIDER HOME PAGE

© Lara Croft Online All rights reserved. "Serving Tomb Raider Fans Since 2001"

Lara Croft ® and Tomb Raider ™ are trademarks of © CDE Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.