Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Sadly, it's the end of another ERA

Featured Replies

The end of an era and SADLY, another major retailer like many before it such as Radio Shack, CompUSA, Circuit City, Wilsons, Blockbuster Video, Montgomery Ward, gets phased out into history.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/26/toys-r-us-built-a-kingdom-and-the-worlds-biggest-toy-store-then-they-lost-it.html

R.I.P. Geoffrey

 

 

I'd heard something about Toys 'R' Us closing down over here too. My local one is a huge store, not sure what they'll do with all that space.

Just this morning I saw signs for a 70% off sale  at JCPenney. I guess they w I'll be next.

Edited by Hardkore

  • Author

I am waiting for Sears to go under.

The only reason they haven't is the company been borrowing millions and millions from their own CEO to stay afloat: almost $1 billion and at same time they sold their Craftman brand to Black and Decker for $900 million.

But if you were to walk into most any Sears stores right now, you will find empty shelves, merchandise with very high prices that needs to be updated, no employees anywhere in sight.

In the last 7 years, Sears has quietly without any out of business sales fanfares closing stores: over 2,900 Sears and K-Mart (same company) stores have closed leaving only around 555 Sears and K-Mart stores in the entire USA.

The Sears out here closed about two years ago. That location at the mall is now Belk.

Edited by Hardkore

  • Author

I remember when we were kids and we were still living at home, starting from when we first came to the USA in the late 70's to about the early 80's, Mamma will take us to Sears and K-Mart (and Montgomery Ward) and buy us clothes there.

Dress shirts: 3 for $15.

bc531f796192723.jpg 

The kids at school will look at me funny because I was wearing dress shirts with jeans or shorts, instead of T-shirts or Polo shirts.

Hey, at least I looked damn better than they did.

I was just reading that George Lazarus, the founder of Toys 'R' Us, has passed away. RIP.

Yeah I've read that too. It's really sad that he's seen the end of his company before he passed away. That must have been devastating.

 

Edited by EmanuelC

  • 2 months later...
  • Author
5 hours ago, Tom@LCO said:

Sign of the times... they got eaten by bigger fish.

It's alright, Sir T.

You can say the W and A words.

  • 3 months later...
  • Author

Well, looks like they may be coming back

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2018/10/08/toys-r-us-brings-back-geoffrey-giraffe-its-laid-off-employees-are-furious


And its fired employees ain't happy!

On Toys R Us Twitter account, there are 100's of angry comments by former employees.

https://twitter.com/ToysRUs/status/1048705645082566657/photo/1

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...


LARA CROFT ONLINE TOMB RAIDER HOME PAGE

© Lara Croft Online All rights reserved. "Serving Tomb Raider Fans Since 2001"

Lara Croft ® and Tomb Raider ™ are trademarks of © CDE Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.