Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Help, no Guns in the Oil Refinery?

Featured Replies

Hi, Can anyone help, I have just come through the river bed in Shadow of the TR and Laura is about to fight another load of Trinity men, but has no guns just a bow, have I gone wrong somewhere or is this correct? From other screen shots on other walkthroughs she has her guns?

 

Kathryn

Hi, Kathryn. I replied to your email as well. I hope that message came through, but in case not, I'll post the same info here. For the beginning of the Porvenir Oil Fields level, Lara doesn't have any weapons except for a knife and axes, so you're forced to use stealth tactics to deal with the enemies. You'll pick up some weapons as you go along. As far as I know, this is scripted and not a bug.

The enemies with night-vision goggles can spot Lara through vegetation but not solid walls, and after a bit Lara will be able to cover herself in mud, which hides her heat signature from the goggle guys. There's at least one generator (sorry I don't' remember the details since I've only played this level once so far) that you can sabotage to attract enemies' attention so you can sneak up on them. Then, once you get the bow, you'll also have the ability to use fear arrows. The game will give you a tutorial. You can also make smoke bombs with empty jars to distract enemies and provide cover, but I can't remember if jars are available at the beginning of the level. You may have to make a bit of progress before you're able to find them. Once you reach the last area, you'll get a rifle.

I'm sorry I haven't had a chance to finish the walkthrough for that section yet. I've been super busy in my regular job and have a shoulder injury that prevents me from playing/writing as much as I'd like. Maybe some other players will read this and have suggestions. Good luck!

If I remember correctly, it depends how far you are in that sequence.  She starts with a knife or maybe not even that (although she uses it in stealth kills regardless).  After a while she gets a bow so you've gone down to the bit with the hallucinogen arrow skill.  There's still an emphasis on stealth kills at this point, the bow helps, as does mud when you get to the point where you can use it.  Just a bit further along other items become available, I think after a rather good cut-scene.  If you have done the cut-scene and still only have a bow, it's possible to do the last bit with a bow (medicine and head-shot skill help!) but at that point it means something has gone wrong.

Edited by SpirantCrayon22

Everything above ^.

 

After a cutscene near the end, you will pick up an Assault Rifle and then be able to commence Rambo :)

After the Oil Fields, and the scenes that follow, you should have your arsenal back.  along with the shiny new toys you got via Oil Fields

  • Author

Thank you all so much for the help, I thought I was going bonkers. Stella’s walkthroughs are so much better than the others due to the detail she puts in, I hope you feel better soon Stella and able to carry on with the walkthrough. (That sounds really selfish, sorry). To be honest I’m surprised to have got this far since the last installment. 

Kathryn

I don't think it is selfish of you. And glad the 3 of us could have been of some help. :D

No, not selfish at all. I am so glad that there are people out there who appreciate what I do. I made a lot of progress today, and I may even finish the first part of Paititi. I'm very close, just finishing up a few of the side missions then hope to post either tonight or tomorrow. My shoulder is on the mend. I just don't want to push it too hard. All I want to do is play, but I don't want to make it worse. It's driving me nuts. ??

47 minutes ago, Stellalune said:

No, not selfish at all. I am so glad that there are people out there who appreciate what I do. I made a lot of progress today, and I may even finish the first part of Paititi. I'm very close, just finishing up a few of the side missions then hope to post either tonight or tomorrow. My shoulder is on the mend. I just don't want to push it too hard. All I want to do is play, but I don't want to make it worse. It's driving me nuts. ??

I'm the same xD.  LIke in March I pulled a muscle in back that only fully healed couple months ago. What did I do to help heal it? Sit in my chair playing Xbox LOL.

I knew the chair made it worse but I was like, Meh fudge it. 

Even now, my lower back is all knotted from spending last two weeks in bathroom from IBS ghost pepper.  What am I still doing?...sitting in chair playing Xbox

 

But glad your shoulder is getting better.   And seems Kat got the guns situated as well .

Sometimes you need to follow a pattern when doing stealth sequences, although Lara may get "recycled" a few times while figuring out the pattern. Having the double stealth kill skill helps, since you can take out a pair of enemies with one chained sequence. I was able to do the first part of the final battle using all stealth kills, but in that case a pattern wasn't really needed, just had Lara sprint to a far corner where the enemies lost track of her, and I think this was intended, as there is a mud pool for Lara to use to mask herself for stealth mode.

 

  • Author

Ok, great thanks for the advice, I haven’t got to the final battle yet, so I’ll check if I have the double stealth kill skill before I do. Perhaps like you I won’t need it. As I’m no spring chicken, I have trouble with some of the skills remembering which buttons to press, lol.

 

6 hours ago, rcgldr said:

Sometimes you need to follow a pattern when doing stealth sequences, although Lara may get "recycled" a few times while figuring out the pattern. Having the double stealth kill skill helps, since you can take out a pair of enemies with one chained sequence. I was able to do the first part of the final battle using all stealth kills, but in that case a pattern wasn't really needed, just had Lara sprint to a far corner where the enemies lost track of her, and I think this was intended, as there is a mud pool for Lara to use to mask herself for stealth mode.

 

Perhaps not the bit after the chase - or did you find a way of luring them out in the very last battle?  I didn't see that possibility there, all the way through until the chase bit then it wasn't an option.

2 hours ago, SpirantCrayon22 said:

Perhaps not the bit after the chase - or did you find a way of luring them out in the very last battle?  I didn't see that possibility there, all the way through until the chase bit then it wasn't an option.

I'm trying to avoid spoilers here. Stealth can't be used for what I call firefights, the enemies are always aware of Lara's presence, shoot at Lara from nearly fixed positions, and cannot be lured out of their locations. Stealth can be used when the enemies are unaware of Lara's position, and there is usually a way for Lara to take out an entire group of enemies using stealth kills, in some cases by luring the enemies away from each other,  in some cases by taking out the enemies in a specific order (pattern), or at least clearing out specific parts of an area in some order. In some areas, even if the enemies become aware of Lara, Lara can sprint away to hide, the enemies lose track of Lara, and she can return to using stealth. Again, since there is a mud pool in what I'm calling the final battle sequence, the implied intention is that Lara can use stealth for part of that sequence.

 

 

Edited by rcgldr

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...


LARA CROFT ONLINE TOMB RAIDER HOME PAGE

© Lara Croft Online All rights reserved. "Serving Tomb Raider Fans Since 2001"

Lara Croft ® and Tomb Raider ™ are trademarks of © CDE Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.