Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Help with Sanctuary of the Scion Four Poles

Featured Replies

Does anyone have a suggestion or can tell me what I'm doing wrong at the four descending poles? I CANNOT get Laura to jump off the first one before it lowers and am unable to raise the fourth tower because of this. I've followed Stella's walkthrough and am still having trouble. Help PLEASE??????

  • 1 month later...

Did you figure out how to do it? I'm having the same trouble. I have the PC version. I can't get her to jump off the poles before swinging around. What keys do you push? I've tried everything.

What are you playing Tomb Raider: Anniversary on, Tombguy? If its those poles, you have to make 4 quick jumps across...you can't swing at all on them. Post back and let me know what your playing on.

  • 2 weeks later...

from Stella's:

These 4 horizontal poles are the type that move downward under Lara's weight. To get across them, you'll need to jump from the ladder to the first pole and then make a smooth, fast series of jumps, without taking the time to swing around any of the poles, in order to reach one of the handholds on the far wall (as shown in this screenshot:

http://www.tombraiders.net/stella/walks/TR.../sanctuary5.jpg

NOTE: If you grab the first pole and it lowers before you can jump off, don't let go. Instead, turn around, swing and jump back to the ladder—or to the handhold on the wall next to the ladder and from there to the ladder (as shown in this screenshot):

http://www.tombraiders.net/stella/walks/TR.../sanctuary6.jpg

Then try the poles again. If you make it only partway across or fall into the pool, don't worry. Just skip the section below about the first scarab mechanism and continue with the section where you pick up the small medipack on the bottom of the pool.

  • 3 months later...

Not sure if you're still having trouble with this but once you 'get it' it's easy (I find).

It's all about rhythm and timing.

Hold down 'forward' (or 'left', 'right, 'down' if the camera angle is different) and then hit 'jump' as you aim for the first pole. As soon as you grab the pole, hit 'jump' again (very quick tap) and still holding the direction in place, tap 'jump' each time Lara grabs the next pole. She'll just swing all the way across all four poles and grab the ledge on the other side.

All I can say is get a feel for the rhythm - it's almost musical. :-)

Once I 'got it' I never had problems with these quick pole-to-pole jumps ever again.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...


LARA CROFT ONLINE TOMB RAIDER HOME PAGE

© Lara Croft Online All rights reserved. "Serving Tomb Raider Fans Since 2001"

Lara Croft ® and Tomb Raider ™ are trademarks of © CDE Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.