Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Stuck in Egypt

Featured Replies

Hello everyone,

I am brand new around here, and I sure would appreciate some help. I play Anniversary on a PS2, and I am absolutely frustrated with one move -- the fast swing on a horizontal bar.

I am so completely stuck in a room in Greece. I'm in level 11 (Sanctuary of the Scion). I have completed the part with the room with the two statues and all the changing water levels. Now I am in the room with the moving scarab below a horizontal crack on the right wall (that is, to the right when you come in from the water). There are two horizontal poles to swing across to a crack on the left wall, both of which are on vertical tracks and descend when you jump over to them. So, Lara must jump up off the scarab to hang on the crack, then jump backwards from the crack to the first horizontal pole, which she has to "fast swing" off of to the next one before the first one descends.

I've had to do one fast horizontal swing already, at the foot of one of the statues in the last room, but I cannot figure out how I can get it to work here (maybe because that one was left-to-right and this one is right-to-left?). When I am hanging on the crack, looking over my shoulder at the pole, the camera is giving a side view. I need (if anyone will please take pity on me) a control sequence from that point. When I jump off the wall, do I adjust the camera first or leave it in side view? which way should I move the left stick? at what point do I press triangle (to trigger faster movement)? at what point do I press X (release)? I have looked at several walkthroughs, and they all say some variation of "Go to the right wall, jump up to grab the scarab switch and immediately jump to grab the handhold above before the scarab descends. Jump back to grab the first of 2 horizontal poles. Quickly jump from the first pole to the next before the first pole descends." They all seem to assume this is a regular movement that has been explained so everyone can do it, but I don't remember that happening! <_<

Thank you for any help you can give me. I have been stuck here a long time, and I want to be able to go to Atlantis! I've been playing this game all the way from the original, and I love Tomb Raider!

_CAt

Edited by politicat

from Stella's walkthrough:

http://www.tombraiders.net/stella/walks/TR...1sanctuary.html

CLIMBING ANUBIS: Swim to the surface and then head toward the front of the statues. Climb out of the water on the base of the statue of Anubis (on the right when Lara's back is toward the underwater lever). Go between the Anubis's feet and jump to grab the ledge on the right. Pull up, climb the two handholds above and jump back to grab the horizontal pole behind. Quickly jump to grab the narrow stone band around the statue's other leg before the pole moves downward. Climb around to the other side of the leg and as far to the right as you can go. Jump to the right and grapple the metal ring on the side of the statue. Wall run to the right, jump and grab the narrow ledge ahead. Pull up.

Climb to the top of the ladder. This next jump is a little buggy. If you can't see the handhold Lara is aiming for, she'll miss it and fall to the ledge below. So move the camera to the right so it's pointing straight at the nearest handhold on the side of the Anubis statue, which is just behind Lara and to her left. Press Jump alone (no need to press any direction key or move the analog stick) to leap off the ladder and grab the handhold. From there, jump up to grab the handhold above, climb to the left and then jump to grab the next handhold. Jump up to the handhold above, climb around to the front of the statue and drop down onto its lap.

Edited by J7Dadda

Don't worry about hitting the triangle button unless you're falling and the button is displayed on the screen. Just focus on holding down the direction in which you are headed and jump off of the pole as soon as Lara grabs on to it.

Edited by TRXpert

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...


LARA CROFT ONLINE TOMB RAIDER HOME PAGE

© Lara Croft Online All rights reserved. "Serving Tomb Raider Fans Since 2001"

Lara Croft ® and Tomb Raider ™ are trademarks of © CDE Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.