Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

HOT DAMN! I am speechless!

Featured Replies

The first full trailer will be released on Monday!!

Bring it on Baby! We have been waiting 35 years for this!

I am even willing to over look the fact they picked Ryan Gosling for this!

 

 

 

Edited by Tom@LCO
edited urls to display video on the forum

  • Author
10 minutes ago, Tom@LCO said:

looks good

I hope we won't be disappointed like we did with other long overdue sequels.

Prometheus for example, that was not as good as I expected it to be.

Or Star Wars Episode VII. PFFFT! A REBOOT!

Best is to not have any expectations and then it is what it is. I felt the story had a beginning and an end in Blade Runner.

Star Wars always has a death star lately and Star Trek the ship is always destroyed now. Waiting for 1701-z so we can get to 1702.

  • 4 months later...
  • Author

The reviews and word of mouth from advance press screenings is that it's incredible and narratively satisfying and as good or even better than the 1982 original.

It's also 163 minutes long which means you will get your money worth!

I am buying tickets right now for next Friday's showing!!

 

 

Edited by j7wild

It has Miss Underwood in it.  Will be near impossible to suspend my rationality enough to believe.  She is too strong a character to be cast in other roles without issues.   I guess I will have to wait and see.

The original movie, is one of my top 5 favorites, can't wait to see this one.

 

 

That should have been Mrs Underwood from House of Cards. Robin Wright :P.

  • Author

Blade Runner 2049 (2017)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1856101

**version watched: IMAX**

qwx3hi3xtnav.jpg

752a18gsi7ym.jpg

eqdxr6pzr8wb.jpg

fgoniarezk1o.jpg

What a stunningly, visually beautiful, cerebral and immersive movie.

It was definitely worth the 35 years wait.

I won't give the story away but at 2 hours and 43 min (including ending credits but not including previews),

you will get your money and time's worth.

In time, this film will surely and rightfully become a cult classic just like the original did.

5/5

  • Author

I will wait for the crowds to die down and go back next week and rewatch it in 3D.

The IMAX showing I watched was not in 3D, I wonder why?

  • Author
6 hours ago, Tom@LCO said:

they were low on glasses.

Sir T is soooo silly! :D

http://collider.com/imax-2d-movies/

It was never filmed in 3D for IMAX.

Also any NON-IMAX showings in 3D is up converted.

I won't be seeing it in 3D anymore.

I've read some of the reviews online about the 3D version and it's not worth the money.

  • 1 month later...

 

On 10/7/2017 at 11:12 AM, j7wild said:

I will wait for the crowds to die down and go back next week and rewatch it in 3D.

The IMAX showing I watched was not in 3D, I wonder why?

For the most part ,the 3D version was not worth it. It was a totally awesome and worthy sequel to t h e original,but they never filmed it with 3D in mind. There were a few shots that looked cool in 3D, yet they were few.

 

I look forward to seeing it again  when it comes out on Blu.

Edited by Hardkore

That's the problem with films not made with 3D in mind, it just doesn't seem to have the same impact.

I don't usually go to see films in 3D, just because I think they charge too much. But if I decide to watch the film in 3D when it's out on BR, I just watch it that way on my own setup -- which uses the same glasses they sell at the theater -- that also saves spending extra money on a new set of glasses when I can go there and get them out the machine for a couple of dollars, haha. :lol:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...


LARA CROFT ONLINE TOMB RAIDER HOME PAGE

© Lara Croft Online All rights reserved. "Serving Tomb Raider Fans Since 2001"

Lara Croft ® and Tomb Raider ™ are trademarks of © CDE Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.