Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

40 years ago today, a saga began...

Featured Replies

05f092550287485.jpg f476b3550287495.jpg e504cc550287505.jpg 4881d1550287510.jpg 

Did you see Star Wars in 1977?

What do you remember about it?

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/star-wars-opened-day-1977/story?id=47624045

I was still in Italy and the hype over the movie for months before it was released was mind boggling.

I was 12 years old.

We went to see it on opening day and I thought that was the most wondrous and amazing thing I'd ever seen in my life.

There was absolutely nothing like it before it.

Even 2001: A Space Odyssey a few years earlier didn't come close to it.

Close Encounters of the Third Kind didn't come out until almost 6 months later.

I still have the comic adaptation of the movie and the 45 vinyl record of the Star Wars theme song I bought in Italy at the time.

Had them with me when we left Italy later that same year to come to the USA.

Edited by j7wild

I saw it in 1977.

My parents, sister and I went to the movies for a Sunday evening. We saw The Spy Who Loved Me, then we had a nice family dinner and followed that with Star Wars.

It was a great family evening lots of fun and happy times.

I was so excited in seeing 2 movies in the same day. Told all my friends at school the next day.

Has a kid I watch a lot of Scifi movies but nothing was like Star Wars. It was very impressive at the time.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...


LARA CROFT ONLINE TOMB RAIDER HOME PAGE

© Lara Croft Online All rights reserved. "Serving Tomb Raider Fans Since 2001"

Lara Croft ® and Tomb Raider ™ are trademarks of © CDE Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.