Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

rcgldr

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by rcgldr

  1. I'm trying to avoid spoilers here. Stealth can't be used for what I call firefights, the enemies are always aware of Lara's presence, shoot at Lara from nearly fixed positions, and cannot be lured out of their locations. Stealth can be used when the enemies are unaware of Lara's position, and there is usually a way for Lara to take out an entire group of enemies using stealth kills, in some cases by luring the enemies away from each other, in some cases by taking out the enemies in a specific order (pattern), or at least clearing out specific parts of an area in some order. In some areas, even if the enemies become aware of Lara, Lara can sprint away to hide, the enemies lose track of Lara, and she can return to using stealth. Again, since there is a mud pool in what I'm calling the final battle sequence, the implied intention is that Lara can use stealth for part of that sequence.
  2. I also recall a rock slit somewhere above (I think on the ledge well above the water), that Lara could see through enough to see survival activated objects inside, but it wasn't opened until later on. I don't recall if it was a return path or had to be enabled via a mission quest.
  3. I have the PC version and I don't bother using the save feature, instead I create a set of zip files in a separate directory of the autosave files, which includes up to 4 files, save202.dat, save204.dat, save206.dat, profile.dat, now in the users folder (previous games had this in the game directory). To restore a save, I have to exit both SOTTR and Steam (else you may get corrupted file error), restore the autosave files, start up Steam and SOTTR, and then choose continue to use a restored set of autosave files. There are still game stat .bin files in the game folder, and apparently achievements are kept there (profile.dat may also have a copy), or possibly some other file in the game folder, since restoring the autosave stuff doesn't reset achievements. I normally play with Steam in offline mode and with the internet disconnected. If you do go online, then the achievements will get updated (both directions, server and your local files will get synced).
  4. Sometimes you need to follow a pattern when doing stealth sequences, although Lara may get "recycled" a few times while figuring out the pattern. Having the double stealth kill skill helps, since you can take out a pair of enemies with one chained sequence. I was able to do the first part of the final battle using all stealth kills, but in that case a pattern wasn't really needed, just had Lara sprint to a far corner where the enemies lost track of her, and I think this was intended, as there is a mud pool for Lara to use to mask herself for stealth mode.
  5. I have the PC version and ran into an issue when a document and resource were close together, and the TAB key option to read the document after picking it up didn't appear. There were a few instances of issues with adjacent objects, which I posted about in a separate thread. It is more of a problem if Lara is maxed out on the inventory for the resource.
  6. If there are two objects together, Lara sometimes interacts with both with a single key press (E key for PC version). The main issue here is when one of the objects is a resource, and the other object is some milestone object, which sometimes causes Lara to not comment on her interaction with the milestone object. One example scenario is a resource next to a document, where sometimes the tab key to read the document doesn't appear, and you'd have to go through all the docs in Lara's inventory to find it. It is worse if Lara is a maximum amount for the resource, because then all you hear is Lara commenting that her inventory is full, preventing her from commenting on the milestone object. This problem didn't prevent me from reaching 100% completion, but I missed out on some of Lara's chatter about the objects she was interacting with. I could explain specific situations where this was an issue, but I wanted this post to be spoiler free.


LARA CROFT ONLINE TOMB RAIDER HOME PAGE

© Lara Croft Online All rights reserved. "Serving Tomb Raider Fans Since 2001"

Lara Croft ® and Tomb Raider ™ are trademarks of © CDE Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.