Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Are you going to buy Microsoft Windows Vista?

Are you going to buy Microsoft Windows Vista? 20 members have voted

  1. 1. Are you going to buy Microsoft Windows Vista?

    • I already own it.
      20%
      4
    • Yes soon.
      10%
      2
    • When Service Pack 1 is released.
      15%
      3
    • I might.
      10%
      2
    • No, I still have 10 more years to use Windows XP!
      45%
      9

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Yeah, Vista is the most secure OS yet what with all those pop-ups appearing asking you what you want to do. I know it can be configured to stop such pop-ups but according to my brother, those that have done so had problems (can't recall exactly atm --- very early in the morning, lol).

The more I'm experimenting on Vista on my brother's rig, the more I'm liking this OS. I've already started researching on dual-booting between XP and Vista. I'm leaning on installing Vista on my second HD rather than partitioning my main HD where XP is installed. Hopefully next week I'll get this done as I'm (finally) taking my first week of holiday from work (and well deserved I must say, lol!).

And you're quite right, I've come to realize that the pros outweigh the cons (not that I've noticed any that some may take exception to).

Edited by jedicri

Oh yeah.. those popup warnings do my head in. I disabled that they first day I used it (it's in the control panel).. not noticed any problems since doing it but I appreciate that it increases that chances of me getting adware etc.... But I have this arrogant belief that it wont happen to me (we will see..!)

Sounds like a good way to try it anyway, enjoy yer hol!

I got Microsoft Vista in January of this year when I purchased a brand new HP Pavillion Desktop #a6300f with Intel Core Duo. I was very impressed with it, despite the problems with processing power. It's fast, efficient, and all the bugs, like the Windows folder being Read-Only should be worked out with the (as said above) just released SP1. I work in an electronics department, so Vista is slowly grappling once die-hard XP users.

Edited by Lady Lara Croft

Just an update:

I've just finished installing Vista and did the dual boot route between XP and Vista. No problems encountered. Going to give Assassin's Creed and Crysis a whirl on Vista in the following days to come.

Thus far, I haven't encountered any slow downs at all. Quite fast.

  • 2 weeks later...

I've installed Crysis and Mass Effect and after some minor configuration tweaks that are always expected in any pc games, both have played flawlessly thus far.

Crysis is still an intensive resource hog (still no computer out there that will play it as it was meant to be played and seen by its developers --- oh well) but I've at least managed to play on "Very High" settings but with other graphic options on "Off" --- otherwise I'd be facing a slideshow.

  • 9 months later...

Well im re-replying about vista that i have a laptop with vista home pre and i have no problems so far touch wood LOL. And it does run faster than XP but all i can see so far that it is XP with a new face and it has been trickup to run faster but overall nice system to work with ,but the new windows 7 is next to replace it allready so when will they get it right LOL

I like Vista, it's just a shame it's such a resource hog. Windows 7 is apparantely the upgraded Vista that runs more efficientely so I'll most probably get that, but for the specs my laptop has, other applications should be running faster and better than they are, but Vista's hogging a lot of it.

Can't complain though, I actually haven't had many troubles with it.

MsC

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...


LARA CROFT ONLINE TOMB RAIDER HOME PAGE

© Lara Croft Online All rights reserved. "Serving Tomb Raider Fans Since 2001"

Lara Croft ® and Tomb Raider ™ are trademarks of © CDE Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.