Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

VCJ's superawesomeamamzing playthrough of TR5

Featured Replies

VonCroyJr. you are unbelievably funny! Thanks for posting all the screenies. I enjoyed looking at your captions to some really frustrating moments. You also reminded me that I'm not finished TR5 -- I left off on Level 8. After TRA, I'm going to fix that. Lol @ the SWIII reference. :lol:

<_< I didn't like the VCI levels either.... especially the lats bit... being chased by a bald robot and a helicopter with hardly any health left... grrrr

  • Author
<_< I didn't like the VCI levels either.... especially the lats bit... being chased by a bald robot and a helicopter with hardly any health left... grrrr

You forgot to mention the poison gas and bio-suited gunmen!

Anyway, I'll update later today by editing into this post.

I'm currently looking for the disc for the next game I'm going to make a thread for (maybe) but I can't find it. :(

You're all welcome to guess which one it is, btw. I'm going to officially announce it (that is if I don't decide against it) at the end of Red alert's update.

:woho:

13th Floor

a.k.a GOD ZIP IF YOU DON'T SHUT UP I WILL THROTTLE YOU!

PCTomb52007-06-2303-57-26-71.jpg

This is, what, the third time I've had to point out the drastic changes in weather? Core must've had the most inept people ever.

PCTomb52007-06-2306-18-20-35.jpg

HULK SMAAAAAAASH!*

PCTomb52007-06-2306-45-12-24.jpg

No snarky comments on this shot, I just want to point out that I just noticed that VCI's symbol is a V, C, and I combined. :S

PCTomb52007-06-2306-52-06-65.jpg

Nothing here either, I just wanted to take a screencap of Zip's face. It probably scares children. Gives them nightmares, even! So very....blocky!

PCTomb52007-06-2306-48-49-70.jpg

Yay, something to strike Zip's ugly mug with! ^-^

PCTomb52007-06-2306-55-30-31.jpg

"Zip, not to put you on edge or anything, but if you don't shut up this will be your neck when or if I get back."

Of course Zip didn't listen. :S

PCTomb52007-06-2306-59-18-71.jpg

"Breaking into a heavily guarded New York technical facility can be so trying on the thirst, right Lara?"

"YES! That's why I drink Luco--I mean Fizwiz Cola!"**

PCTomb52007-06-2307-01-03-09.jpg

"Let me tell you about the wabbits..." :(***

PCTomb52007-06-2307-03-17-29.jpg

"Hey Joe."

"Hi Bob."

"So how's the wife doing?"

"Well Joe--"*POW*

"OH MY G--"*POW*

I show little sympathy for Lara in this situation. :P

PCTomb52007-06-2307-12-29-64.jpg

"Oh don't mind me, I'm just stealing an access card in an attempt to further the massacre and robbery of this facility!" :)

"S'okay!"

PCTomb52007-06-2307-14-30-31.jpg

"MY EYES! MY EYES!!!!"

PCTomb52007-06-2307-20-08-51.jpg

"Hey Zip, how about we talk loudly in an echoing room with an armed-to-the-teeth security guard right below us!?!"

PCTomb52007-06-2307-23-45-90.jpg

Awww, look at those cute little--

PCTomb52007-06-2307-24-22-37.jpg

ACK GET THEM OFF ME!!!!

PCTomb52007-06-2307-29-44-65.jpg

Oh come on now, he's looking straight at her

*:The audio/visuals in this scene were painfully out of synch, at least for me. i seemed to have more audio bugs than anything (thank god)

**:Yep, I just recycled a joke I used in a non-SAA thread. Whaaaat?! It's near the end of the game and it's VCI what do you expect?!

***:Wheather his name was George or not is beyond me. However, I know Lara's name isn't Lenny.

Edited by VonCroyJr.

Is it AOD? Oh dear, if it's AoD it's going to be great fun!, lol

If it's not AoD, then it has to be TR1.... i don't know why, lol... that's my guess

Is that you, Boaz from Tomb Raider Manor?

Is it AOD? Oh dear, if it's AoD it's going to be great fun!

If it's not AoD, then it has to be TR1.

Might want to read the name of the thread. It's Tomb Raider 5, A.K.A. Chronicles. ;)

"Oh don't mind me, I'm just stealing an access card in an attempt to further the massacre and robbery of this facility!" smile.gif

"S'okay!"

Heh, Von Croy needs to pay his employees more ;)

Keep them comin, VCJ!

  • Author
Might want to read the name of the thread. It's Tomb Raider 5, A.K.A. Chronicles. ;)

You might want to read my post. :lol:

I had told people that they could guess on which game I'd be doing next (and no you can't answer since you already know; that goes for you too Gia). Boaz was saying "Is it [the next thread] AoD?" not if this thread covered AoD.

And I thought you were the smarter one! j/k

Also, Pheonix, what does that even have to do with this thread? You could just PM Boaz.

And I thought you were the smarter one! j/k

When did I say that? I've always admitted I'm an idiot. ;D

Also, Pheonix, what does that even have to do with this thread? You could just PM Boaz.

Probably should have said the same to me when, I think in this same thread, I commented to someone who had a Dora icon a huzzah for the comic it comes from. Or anyone else who takes a moment in a thread to make some off-topic comment. ;) T'ain't the end of the world, lad. :)

Edit to add--er, Faye. Not Dora. Not the most relevant edit, but. :)

Edited by Phantom_2040

  • Author
When did I say that? I've always admitted I'm an idiot. ;D

Probably should have said the same to me when, I think in this same thread, I commented to someone who had a Dora icon a huzzah for the comic it comes from. Or anyone else who takes a moment in a thread to make some off-topic comment. ;) T'ain't the end of the world, lad. :)

Key word was "thought". ;)

:woho: Only one more update left! :woho:

Oh yeah...people are actually enjoying these. Never mind, then!

Escape With the Iris

a.k.a the level before Red alert!/"Hey guys! Let's bring back tightrope walking after ten levels of being without it! Our fans'll love that!"

PCTomb52007-06-2309-24-07-07.jpg

"And yeees, guns is metals..."

Lines like these make me wonder how Core wasn't sued over the portrayal of Zip, the only black character in the series (at that point).

PCTomb52007-06-2309-24-49-79.jpg

"Blast! I told you fools to install a sensor that could see through clothes not skin!" Hmph!

PCTomb52007-06-2309-25-45-65.jpg

Nothing notable here, except that Zip quite literally wouldn't shut up. He got about half through a sentence and the last few words he said looped about fifteen times. Gotta love end-of-game glitches!

PCTomb52007-06-2309-26-28-81.jpg

Gah! The old windbag not only stole the Iris, but also stole all of my gold skulls! And since they're in every office, he probably handed them out as tacky secret Santa gifts! The windbag'll definitely be hearing from ME!*

PCTomb52007-06-2309-29-45-43.jpg

It disturbs me that I found chloroform in an office cabinet. Geez, I never hated a job that much! O.O

PCTomb52007-06-2309-30-31-78.jpg

Oh, that's just plain cruel.

PCTomb52007-06-2309-31-36-21.jpg

Why was there a large medical kit in a Women's Restroom stall? You know what, I don't want to know now that I think of it.

PCTomb52007-06-2309-42-44-20.jpg

Such a loyal work-force. That or they're all deaf.

PCTomb52007-06-2309-43-22-90.jpg

"Geez, I finally get a break from that yappity Zip and what's the first thing I hear when I wake up?

Zip, I'm going to kill you.

PCTomb52007-06-2309-47-12-92.jpg

Molten lava in an elevator shaft. Eh, at this point I'm not surprised.

PCTomb52007-06-2310-52-56-71.jpg

Oh just screw you, Core Design...you'll definitely be hearing from me, too.**

PCTomb52007-06-2310-53-40-76.jpg

Yay, more tasty death water! ^-^

PCTomb52007-06-2312-01-24-26.jpg

Because two crusty old windbags are better than one.

PCTomb52007-06-2312-01-27-99.jpg

You! Didn't I kill you?!

*:And by "hearing" I mean "getting his guts ripped out" and by "ME" I mean Karel. Eh, yes that's a spoiler, but who seriously hasn't played AoD yet?!

if you haven't, don't

;)

**: By hearing I meant "get fired" and by "me" I mean "Eidos"

Hope you like making crappy pre-schooler PC games you stupid, stupid company

Edited by VonCroyJr.

i havent played aod through yet, i played it for an hour got up to sum train, thought it was rubbish but id play thru just to see the story and stuff

Ok, so now we're waiting for the most annoying level on Earth :glare: ... my appologies to Red alert.

And Phoenix... i don't know what you're talking about... in other words - no. But this creates another question (which is again off-topic so please VCJ don't burn me on the stakes or something...) and that is.... THERE IS ANOTHER BOAZ OUT THERE?!?!?!?!?!! :angry: Me don like that....

I love it, Its amazing! Good Work VCJ! I want to say that Lara like to be so stupid, Zip was right when he told her to hide her Gun bewhind the tree, but she won't listen, because she is a grown up girl and she knows what to do, she just put it in not an exact place, infront of enemies eyes!!! Well Shame on her!!!

Second Teenager Lara is not strong enough to just kick these creepy monsters...

Third Don't worry about your eyes you are wearing these sunglassess, or spyglassess or Lara glassess whatever!!!

What else?

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! It's going to be AOD!!!!!! COOL! ^_^ There's A LOT to be said about it, hahahahah, especially if you have that bug with the barman's face! :lol:

Sorry Boaz!!

  • Author

The final update! ^-^

Red alert!

a.k.a "We've...found....haaaaaagh! *dun dun dun*"

PCTomb52007-06-2312-02-18-54.jpg

Yep, that's a surefire way to resolve the situation! Blow up the side of the building! :wacko:

PCTomb52007-06-2323-30-26-15.jpg

Okay, maybe since it's near the end of the game there'll be no more surprises....*

PCTomb52007-06-2323-30-30-18.jpg

:angry: &^$&(%$^&(&%$*^$#!!!!!! :angry:

PCTomb52007-06-2400-06-53-53.jpg

So wait, the protective lasers oscillate?! Geez, I think VCI has the worst security ever**

PCTomb52007-06-2400-25-06-14.jpg

Either Lara's grappling gun is busted, or the developers couldn't be bothered to make a code for a gun Lara could swing on. Probably the ladder. :glare:

PCTomb52007-06-2400-32-54-04.jpg

I've been gone for all of ten minutes and Mr.Triggerhappyhelicopter's already wondered off. Such a loyal police squad....

PCTomb52007-06-2400-37-42-54.jpg

That's, you know, not where I shot at at all, but whatever...

PCTomb52007-06-2400-38-24-01.jpg

Hm....I always thought latex didn't burn that easily. Eh, then again, your entire entity doesn't turn into a roaring inferno when your foot grazes a fireplace, either. But you try telling CoreDesign that!

PCTomb52007-06-2404-41-31-09.jpg

I got chiiiills

They multiplyin'

and I'm looooosing contro-oool

Cause the poweeer you're suplyin'...

*dum dum dum*

It's electrifyin'!!!!

PCTomb52007-06-2407-08-52-03.jpg

As if the exploding gas tanks, rail-gun equipped helicopter, noxious gas, and indestructable metalic men weren't enough...

PCTomb52007-06-2407-12-53-93.jpg

There's just no way that the ending could be unsatisfying and answer very little questions! Just no way I tell you!

.....

:(

Hm....let's try and think up a picture that sums up the entire game...OH I KNOW!

PCTomb52007-06-2312-03-15-37.jpg

*: If you're going to have at least one "surprise" in every level, please make it something other than "non-menacing walkway crumbles suddenly"! At least CrystalD doesn't have any surprises!

...

And then I remember the Qualopec switch room :(

**:Also, the "pop a water-tank to reveal lasers" thing is the most cliche spy "trick" ever.

Hm....I always thought latex didn't burn that easily. Eh, then again, your entire entity doesn't turn into a roaring inferno when your foot grazes a fireplace, either. But you try telling CoreDesign that!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Well, done VCJ! That was really funny, i can't wait till August! :lol:

  • Author

:woho: :woho: :woho:BONUS UPDATE :woho: :woho: :woho:

Mountain-trekking in TR2's Great Wall

as requested by Phantom_2040

mountain1.jpg

Play the Great Wall level until just before dropping down to get a key and face a tiger (you encounter four crows just before). Get on top of the rightmost block closest to the locked door.

mountain2.jpg

Make a running jump from the edge of the block. You should land inside the yellow circle (I always veer Lara to the left during the jump; I'm not sure if this is necessary or not). Continue on the path, jumping any slopes that might get in your way.

mountain3.jpg

Now for an extremely difficult running jump. From the last square of the path, hop back and make an angled standing jump to the arrow points. This will probably take several tries; if you fail, you'll slide down a slope but will not fall to your death. Just repeat until you land it. Follow the path pointed out in the second arrow, again jumping any slopes that get in your way.

mountain4.jpg

Again, at the end of the path, make an angled jump. However, this time it's a much simpler standing jump. Follow the path to its edge.

mounatin5.jpg

At the path's end, make a standing jump and grab to catch hold of the stone building's roof. Enjoy the view a bit, and then move on.

mountain6.jpg

From the far right edge, make a running jump to land inside the circle. Run a cross the path until its end.

mountain7.jpg

Lazy developers! How dare they not texture something no one was meant to see in the first place! :angry:

Yippe for exploring usually closed off areas in TR! :lol:

Edited by VonCroyJr.

Hahahahaha, cool!

I remember i did a similar playthrough with screenshots and indications, giving directions for climbing on that roof, but i never noticed this area over there :lol:

OMG I enetered here many times and I didn't noticed that!!! Thanks for letting me know that!!! :woho:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...


LARA CROFT ONLINE TOMB RAIDER HOME PAGE

© Lara Croft Online All rights reserved. "Serving Tomb Raider Fans Since 2001"

Lara Croft ® and Tomb Raider ™ are trademarks of © CDE Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.