Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Invisible wall bug in Hidden City - I'm stuck!

Featured Replies

I just rescued someone from prison by diverting the guards in Hidden City and now I need to rescue Colqui, outside the walls but I can't get out.

Every time I go for the exit, there's an invisible wall. If I reload a checkpoint, of course I'm still within the walls and I can't use fast travel because there aren't any base camps in the Hidden City, as far as I know.

Anyone know of a solution please?

Here's a video which shows the problem

 

I've run into this problem as well.  The only thing that I can come up with so far involves the possibility that you've completed the whole story (100% not necessary) and that will involve some fast travel from a spot that you may not have reached yet.

Bizarre. Someone else just mentioned this to me tonight, so I suspect it's a new bug caused by something in the latest update. I'll see if I can find more info, but meanwhile, am I correct in assuming you're playing on PC? And if so, can you load your last campsite or backup save? That should allow you to do the Colqui mission and then re-enter the upper city and play through. You'd have to replay the Hakan mission, but at least you wouldn't be stuck. I guess the other alternative would be to continue with the main story and then finish the Colqui mission later when you return to Paititi.

Rescuing Colqi takes place in a bottom right corner area of hidden city, in video seems you are in the serpent guard/temple area.  (moreso if you rescued the prisoner who is behind the rolling stone door rebels helped with).  I don't think you can leave that part of hidden city untill you finish the part of main story that takes place there which involes a prison and a story part where you climb to top of a huge fat statue.

 

But looking through that archway,  and the totem on other side of that invisble wall.......you should be able to walk back down those steps due to that being part of the Serpent Guard side of city.  Only thing I can think of (that don't label as a glitch no one seems to have solved looking at web) is it is the "can't leave mission area" barrier that is present in games.

If it isn't a "can't leave mission area"......then it is a true out of nowhere glitch.  And looking online, doesn't seem to be ways to fix it.

Some solutions I perused are finishing the quest in that area, finding a camp fire further up in that side of Paititi, reloading game.

If you are on Xbox, you could delete save data from console (NOT everywhere) and next game loads up, your data resync from the microsoft cloud built into XBL and se if that works.

 

3 minutes ago, Stellalune said:

You can't see me because I'm covered in mud and leaves. So stealthy! :D 

And I learned my stealth from my Zoology/Forensics teacher in high school. He would stand in front of computer, then next you know, be behind the class room or entering the door O>O. Maybe it was time manipulation LOL.

2 minutes ago, Stellalune said:

I'm trying to report this on the Square Enix forums, but of course it won't let me log in or reset my password. Sweet! :D

Squeenix seems to care about it support as much as EA lol.

I did some more google search and nobody has a real definitive solution to the invisble walls the latest update is spawning all over the city :l

If my internet speed wasn't under 2mb, I would redownload TR and see if the walls are on my two 100% files. But seems almost everybody has the invisble wall :l

  • Author

Thanks for all your helpful replies. I'm glad I'm not the only one with this bug. 

I'm on PC by the way. 

Your welcome. I hate we are not much help, but seems to be an issue that will unfortunately have to wait for Squeenix to get around to :l

  • Author

Here's another instance of the bug, this time from the other side and it's proving to be a cul de sac in many cases, because if you're stuck inside, you can't progress.

 

Edited by rufinoman2

  • Author

I found a solution on the Steam forum!

Quote

Right click Shadow of the Tomb Raider in your Library.
Click Properties -> Betas
Select the beta you would like to opt into
under Dropdown Select Build_241 -
Let steam revert the patch.
Try to enter the area with invisible wall again. it should work fine.

This does work and the invisible wall is no longer there :)

11 hours ago, rufinoman2 said:

I found a solution on the Steam forum!

 

11 hours ago, rufinoman2 said:

Right click Shadow of the Tomb Raider in your Library.
Click Properties -> Betas
Select the beta you would like to opt into
under Dropdown Select Build_241 -
Let steam revert the patch.
Try to enter the area with invisible wall again. it should work fine. 

 

This does work and the invisible wall is no longer there :)

If I do this, will I lose the DLC "The Pillar"?  It happened to me about a day after I downloaded it (and played the DLC).

Edited by Rapierman
Error

  • Author

All you can do is try.

Maybe get through the weird wall, then find a base camp where you game will be saved. I don't have that DLC, so I don't know for sure.

What versions are broken? I see version 247, 243, in addition to 241 which should work?

 

On 12/21/2018 at 5:16 AM, rufinoman2 said:

I found a solution on the Steam forum!

This does work and the invisible wall is no longer there :)

Quote

 

 

You sir are a lifesaver...it's been 4 days of me trying different things.  Signed up as a member just to say thank you

  • 2 weeks later...

I can confirm that I lost the 2nd DLC "The Pillar".  I think I'll pass.

  • Author
13 hours ago, Rapierman said:

I can confirm that I lost the 2nd DLC "The Pillar".  I think I'll pass.

Do you mean that rolling back to the beta version made you lose the DLC?

How about if you rolled back, as I did, find a base camp to save your progress, and then reverted to the current version of the game? 

I'm guessing here, but it seems a logical step to try.

1 hour ago, rufinoman2 said:

Do you mean that rolling back to the beta version made you lose the DLC?

How about if you rolled back, as I did, find a base camp to save your progress, and then reverted to the current version of the game? 

I'm guessing here, but it seems a logical step to try.

I can confirm that this works fine. The older versions don't have the invisible wall, but you can easily change back to the newer version once you've reached a checkpoint beyond the problem area.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...


LARA CROFT ONLINE TOMB RAIDER HOME PAGE

© Lara Croft Online All rights reserved. "Serving Tomb Raider Fans Since 2001"

Lara Croft ® and Tomb Raider ™ are trademarks of © CDE Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.