Everything posted by Guested Account
-
Everything about Movies and DVDs
Parasite won Best Picture. I agree!! Best movie I've seen so far this year!
-
That's the biggest bunny I've ever seen !!
I think I eaten rabbit meat once when I was a kid, can't remember what it taste like. Now this is the correct proper size for a bunny.
-
Kirk Douglas, Hollywood Legend, Icon and Spartacus star, dies at 103.
I didn't know he served in the Navy. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PC-461-class_submarine_chaser
-
Kirk Douglas, Hollywood Legend, Icon and Spartacus star, dies at 103.
Noooooo!! the real Spartacus is gone. Kirk Douglas, Hollywood Icon and Spartacus Star, Dies at 103 https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/kirk-douglas-hollywood-icon-spartacus-231310160.html Kirk Douglas one of the leading stars of Hollywood’s golden age, has died. He was 103. The Spartacus acting legend, who had been in good health since suffering a stroke in 1996, is survived by his wife of 65 years, Anne, and his sons Michael, Joel, and Peter. “It is with tremendous sadness that my brothers and I announce that Kirk Douglas left us today at the age of 103,” Michael Douglas said in a statement to PEOPLE. “To the world, he was a legend, an actor from the golden age of movies who lived well into his golden years, a humanitarian whose commitment to justice and the causes he believed in set a standard for all of us to aspire to.” Michael continued, “But to me and my brothers Joel and Peter he was simply Dad, to Catherine, a wonderful father-in-law, to his grandchildren and great grandchild their loving grandfather, and to his wife Anne, a wonderful husband.” “Kirk’s life was well lived, and he leaves a legacy in film that will endure for generations to come, and a history as a renowned philanthropist who worked to aid the public and bring peace to the planet,” Michael added. “Let me end with the words I told him on his last birthday and which will always remain true. Dad- I love you so much and I am so proud to be your son.” In December, Michael, who followed in his father’s footsteps as an acting icon, became a Golden Globe nominee for The Kominsky Method as his father rang in his 103rd birthday. To celebrate, Michael, 75, shared a sweet Instagram photo of his famous father and himself, thanking the Hollywood Foreign Press Association for nominating him on the same day as Kirk’s milestone birthday. “What a great day. Thank you HFPA for the Golden Globes nomination and for making my Dad proud on his 103 birthday!” Michael wrote. In November 2018, Douglas attended Michael’s induction at the Hollywood Walk of Fame in November — where the Basic Instinct star honored his father. “It means so much to me, Dad, that you’re here today,” Michael said, tearing up. “Thank you for your advice, inspiration, and I’ll say it simply and with all my heart: I'm so proud to be your son.” RELATED: A Look Back at Kirk Douglas’s Incredible Rags-to-Riches Journey in His Own Words With more than 92 acting credits, including some 75 movies, seven of which costarred his friend Burt Lancaster, Douglas became a superstar even before the term was coined. He received his first Academy Award nomination in 1950 for Champion, and was nominated again in 1953 for the Hollywood expose The Bad and the Beautiful, and once more in 1957 for his performance as Vincent Van Gogh in the biopic Lust for Life. In 1996, he was awarded an honorary Oscar for 50 years as a creative and moral force in the motion picture community. While Douglas’ on and off-screen bravado could be overpowering, and even difficult at times, he was a man of heartfelt conviction, hiring blacklisted screenwriter Dalton Trumbo — and giving him full-screen credit — to write the 1960 epic Spartacus, which Douglas executive produced and starred in. “It was such a terrible, shameful time,” Douglas told PEOPLE about the purge of alleged Communist sympathizers in the entertainment industry during the ’40s and ’50s. “Dalton was in prison because he refused to answer questions, so I decided, the hell with it! I’m going to put his name on it. I think that’s the thing I’m most proud of because it broke the blacklist.” A Difficult Childhood As told in his 1988 autobiography, The Ragman’s Son, Douglas — who was born Issur Danielovitch Demsky — was born the poor son of an illiterate Russian-Jewish immigrant. Douglas spoke about his father to PEOPLE, revealing that, “My father was not very affectionate, he was never interested in what I was doing. I had six sisters and no brothers and I wanted to be close to my father and he just ignored me.” Instead, he says he found affection from his mother and became determined to not be as distant with his children as his father was with him. “I’m much more demonstrative with my kids about hugging and kissing them and telling them that I love them,” he said. “My father wasn’t like that.” Then known as Izzy, Douglas had some 40 jobs growing up in Amsterdam, N.Y., including newsboy, before acting in high school plays sent him on the course that would eventually make him a household name. He studied at Manhattan’s American Academy of Dramatic Arts alongside classmate Lauren Bacall, who later helped get him a screen test that led to his first movie role opposite Barbara Stanwyck in 1946’s The Strange Love of Martha Ivers. Another Academy classmate was Diana Dill, to whom Douglas would be married from 1943 until their 1951 divorce. She is the mother of two of Douglas’s sons, Michael, born in 1944, and Joel, born in 1947. Family and Fame Heading a Hollywood family, though, was often as difficult as being in one. As Michael has said on several occasions, including during his 1987 Best Actor Oscar acceptance speech for Wall Street, growing up in his father’s shadow was not always easy. In 1979, Michael told PEOPLE, “Kirk Douglas was certainly a hard act to follow. I mean, there he was hanging from the cross in Spartacus, walking across the ranks of oars in The Vikings …” Added Kirk: “I think having a famous father was a pain in the ass for him.” The family patriarch also never wanted his son to follow in his footsteps. “I didn’t want Michael to be an actor,” he told PEOPLE. “I wanted him to be a lawyer or a doctor, like many fathers. But he’s a good actor, he’s my favorite actor.” As the years progressed, so did their relationship, even as the family weathered such adversities as the death of Kirk’s youngest son (and Michael’s brother) Erik at age 46 in 2004, and the five-year prison sentence of Michael’s son Cameron in 2010 for drug dealing. That same year, Michael was also diagnosed with throat cancer. RELATED: Kirk Douglas, 101, Lovingly Gazes at 8-Month-Old Great-Granddaughter in Sweet Generational Photo But there were many good times, too, including Kirk’s joy at welcoming Michael’s second wife, Catherine Zeta-Jones, into the family in a lavish 2000 wedding — and the birth of Michael and Catherine’s first child, son Dylan, born Aug. 8, 2000. (They also have a daughter, Carys.) “You know, Dylan has a dimple bigger than mine,” the proud grandpa told PEOPLE. “[But] I think he looks more like Catherine. Catherine with a dimple. Not bad!” The legendary actor spent the last years of his life surrounded by his loved ones, including Cameron, who was released from prison in 2016 and welcomed his first child, daughter Lua Izzy, in December 2017. Lua Izzy was named in honor of Douglas and is his first great-grandchild. Douglas celebrated his 103rd birthday with his family. Zeta-Jones shared an old shot of the two on Instagram to celebrate her father-in-law’s milestone. The sweet picture, which appears to be several years old, featured Kirk sitting on her lap as the two smiled for the camera. “This guy on my knee, is 103!!!!! Happy Birthday Pappy!!! I love you with all my heart,” Zeta-Jones, 50, said. For his 101st birthday, the star celebrated with two cakes: one decorated with sunflowers in honor of his performance as Vincent Van Gogh in the film Lust for Life, and the other depicting red boxing gloves that honored his first Academy Award-nominated performance in Champion. The actor was also paid a visit by Judi Dench, who told PEOPLE at the time, “I will never forget this moment. He is a legend in our family.“
-
LCO NFL Fantalk 2008
I didn't see that Planters commercial. I must had stepped away to get more food. HAHA! Toward the end of the 1st half when it was tied at 10 and KC went 3 and out and gave the ball back to SF, SF had all their 3 time outs and they could had used one save the clock with 1:30 left when it was 4th and 13 for KC. Instead they let the clock run down to 59 seconds and then didn't use the remaining 2 time outs to manage the 59 seconds. If they had managed their time better and had 1:30 left, they may have gotten a TD or at least a FG and gone into halftime up 13-10. That would had been a game momentum changer. Not sure what the SF head coach was thinking there.
-
LCO NFL Fantalk 2008
This was my favorite commercial
-
LCO NFL Fantalk 2008
What a game. KC came back as usual and won it! Mahomes deserves it. Andy Reid deserves it. KC deserves it. It's been 50 years since they won Super Bowl IV. The Lamar Hunt family deserves it. Without them we wouldn't have AFC and what the NFL is today.
-
LCO NFL Fantalk 2008
I did not expect it to be tied 10-10 at halftime.
-
Everything about Movies and DVDs
Why are DC comics based movies all so dark and depressing?
- LCO NFL Fantalk 2008
-
Everything about Movies and DVDs
1917 https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8579674/ NO Don't believe the Critics. IT IS NOT the best war film since Saving Private Ryan they claim it to be. It was boring and NO! it wasn't one single long shot camera work! 2/5
-
Kitties!!!!!!!!!!
Aren't all cats great mousers? This guy going to need a new cat. That one is useless. He also needs to get himself a backbone.
-
Happy New Year 2020 and Happy New Decade.
- Everything about Movies and DVDs
Parasite (2019) https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6751668/ Golden Globe 2020 Best Foreign Motion Picture. Palme d'Or winner at the 2019 Cannes Film Festival. I agree. This movie is a wolf in sheep clothing: one of the best movies I've seen in the past several years. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6751668/awards I hope it also gets nominated for Academy Awards for Best Foreign Motion Picture and wins too. The director of this movie Parasite also wrote and directed The Host (2006). That film is a classic.- Happy New Year 2020 and Happy New Decade.
Someone just pointed out to me that the new decade doesn't begin until 2021. Anyway..... You know the saying: everything old is new again.- Happy New Year 2020 and Happy New Decade.
- Happy New Year 2020 and Happy New Decade.
- The Santa tracker is online now and tracking Santa in real time.
I was at the supermarket and told the cashier Happy Holidays when she handed me my change. A lady standing in the line rudely corrected me: it's Happy Holiday, not Holidays!! What the hell? I have always said Holidays, not Holiday, for as long as I can remember. The Hallmark cards all say Happy Holidays. I used to say Merry Christmas to everyone but some folks find that offensive so I started saying Happy Holidays to strangers and I only said Merry Christmas to people I already know. One of my friends like to says Merry Douglas Fir tree day just to be sarcastic when he comes across folks who are offended by Merry Christmas.- Everything about Movies and DVDs
Bad Louisiana French Creole accent, then.- Disney buys out Lucasfilm, the Star Wars Franchise and George Lucas for $4 Billion!!
I just watch Episode 8 of The Mandalorian which is also the Season 1 finale. It can't end like that!! Now we have to wait for Season 2 which supposedly will be out sometimes next year. No idea when: mid year? Late year? I hate you, Disney!- Everything about Movies and DVDs
Knives Out. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8946378/ How it's 96% Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes? Difficult story to follow. Annoying characters: I didn't give a damn who was innocent or guilty of murder. Daniel Craig was laughable to me as French detective: his attempt at faking a French accent was gawd awful. Go back to your Bond role, Danny Boy!- The Santa tracker is online now and tracking Santa in real time.
Santa just left my house. I hope everybody here has a Merry Christmas..- The Santa tracker is online now and tracking Santa in real time.
Santa is headed to Brazil now. Soon he will be on his way to the USA. Merry Christmas.- The Santa tracker is online now and tracking Santa in real time.
The tracker is online now and tracking Santa in real time. https://santatracker.google.com/ Santa went to New Zealand first. If the Google Santa tracker doesn't work for you, use the NORAD one. https://www.noradsanta.org/ NORAD been tracking Santa for 60+ years because of a fluke in a Sears advertisement: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NORAD_Tracks_Santa- Disney buys out Lucasfilm, the Star Wars Franchise and George Lucas for $4 Billion!!
We saw it today. What a let's forget everything that the original and the prequel trilogies set up illogical make it up as we go mess. ... U Disney!! To me there will always be ONLY 3 Star Wars films: Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi, all of them in their original version that were shown in theaters in 1977, 1980 and 1983. Not the ones that Lucas trinkled with over and over with each subsequent video release starting first on VHS and then on DVD. - Everything about Movies and DVDs
LARA CROFT ONLINE TOMB RAIDER HOME PAGE
© Lara Croft Online All rights reserved. "Serving Tomb Raider Fans Since 2001"
Lara Croft ® and Tomb Raider ™ are trademarks of © CDE Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.
Account
Navigation
Search
Configure browser push notifications
Chrome (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions → Notifications.
- Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Select Site settings.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Safari (iOS 16.4+)
- Ensure the site is installed via Add to Home Screen.
- Open Settings App → Notifications.
- Find your app name and adjust your preference.
Safari (macOS)
- Go to Safari → Preferences.
- Click the Websites tab.
- Select Notifications in the sidebar.
- Find this website and adjust your preference.
Edge (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Edge (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Click Permissions for this site.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Android)
- Go to Settings → Site permissions.
- Tap Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Desktop)
- Open Firefox Settings.
- Search for Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.