Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Guested Account

Members
  • Joined

Everything posted by Guested Account

  1. "If aliens ever visit us, I think the outcome would be much as when Christopher Columbus first landed in America, which didn't turn out very well for the Native Americans." ~ Stephen Hawking
  2. When I first saw the trailer for Overlord https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4530422/ back in September, I posted this in another forum: "As soon as I saw that Black soldier in a C-47 sitting among White soldiers, all of them wearing the Screaming Eagles patch of the 101st Airborne, I turned the trailer off. Combat units and support units in the U.S. Army during World War II were segregated. Desegragation in all branches of the U.S. Armed Forces didn't occur until 1948. If there were any whites in Black U.S. Army units, they were officers and maybe some NCOs. Now I said U.S. Army because the U.S. Marines did not have any Blacks in their ranks as combat soldiers. There were over 19,000 Blacks in the U.S. Marines and only 75% of them were sent to the Pacific theater but they served as stewards, ammunition and supply handlers and stevedores (cargo ships loaders and unloaders). Some of them did see some action but not as an infantry combat unit because there were no Black U.S. Marines infantry combat units during World War II. They saw combat because they just happen to be assigned to places like Saipan, handling ammunition and supplies for the front line White U.S. Marines infantry combat units. There was only one Black Paratroopers unit in the entire U.S. Army during World War II and they didn't participate in D-Day because their numbers weren't at full fighting strength to be considered a Battalion. They were considered to be send to reinforce the U.S. lines during the Battle of the Bulge but by the time they were considered to be reorganized and activated as an Airborne Rifle Company, the battle was over. They ended up spending the rest of World War II as firefighters on the West Coast. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/555th_Parachute_Infantry_Battalion_(United_States) Now that the movie has finally been released, I am not the only one who've noticed it. Here's a review from IMDB: "I get that this is a horror film and that the left in Hollywood like to play fast and loose with history in order to make certain people or ethnic groups feel "good" about themselves, (or in the case of white males, bad about themselves,) but a film about someone of the black African race being a paratrooper in WW2 and being dropped behind enemy lines in Nazi German occupied Europe ETC, is not only the normal cringe worthy crap, it's just plain stupid.....almost like those who made this film are five year olds with ZERO knowledge of WW2 or the fact that the US armed forces were segregated until 1948, three years AFTER WW2. We really are being dumbed down in order to fit this fake leftist narrative of history."
  3. In Independence Day we hit them with nukes and it just bounced off them. We, the entire human race, may not have anything in our arsenal of weapons to even put a dent on any spaceships any alien race has.
  4. Are you sure that's wise? If there are intelligent aliens out there capable of space travel at the speed of light, we won't know anything about them. Hitting them with a laser beam may be viewed by them as an act of war. Even if that wasn't the case, do we really want an intelligent alien race that's capable of space travel at the speed of light to be aware of our existence and come to Earth? They may just view of us as an annoying ant hill. When you are walking around outside and you see an ant hill, what do most of us do? We go and step on it - no reason given. It's our human nature to destroy. An alien race seeing us may react the same way. We are just an annoying ant hill to them. This may possibly be their response: "Hello Earthlings, message received, sending response..." Hitting an intelligent alien race million of light years away with what we consider a harmless laser beam may very well result in this:
  5. I saw the preview for season 2 of Orville while watching Thursday Night Football last night. New season begins on Sunday, December 30th. I found the Comic-Con trailer:
  6. IKR, Morphie! The nerve of some folks!!
  7. Week #10 of 17. Tomorrow's Thursday Night Football match up between the 6-2 Carolina Panthers and 5-2-1 Pittsburgh Steelers looks like it maybe a slugfest of QBs!! The Sunday afternoon game between the 7-1 New Orleans Saints and the 5-3 Cincinnati Bengals might be worth watching. The rest of the games either seems either lopsided like the matchups between the 6-2 Los Angeles Chargers vs. the 1-7 Oakland Raiders or the 8-1 Kansas City Chiefs vs. the 2-6 Arizona Cardinals or the 8-1 Los Angeles Rams vs. the 4-4 Seattle Seahawks. or they look trivial with teams that just can't get out of their below mediocre rut like the 2-7 Buffalo Bills vs. the 3-6 New York Jets; the 3-5 Jacksonville Jaguars vs. the 3-5 Indianapolis Colts or the Monday Night Football game between the 1-7 New York Giants and the 2-7 San Francisco 49ers
  8. They have reached their goal and exceeded it. Good job, everyone!
  9. I was looking for that Sir Tom fella and/or Gia.
  10. We can only donate through those team members? I don't see any familiar names in the roster.
  11. Incredibles 2 (2018) https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3606756/ 14 years ago, a Pixar animated movie named The Incredibles defied all expectations and odds and pre-release criticism by earning critical accolades, breaking box office records and making the other studios' animated departments stand up and take notice. The movies watching public wanted more. The critics wanted more. The studio wanted more. They all kept asking for an Incredibles sequel. The film's director Brad Bird said he will do a sequel when he felt the moment is right and not one minute sooner. After 14 years of unabated anticipation, the world has finally gotten its The Incredibles sequel and what a sequel it is. Where most sequels today have failed to capitalize on the quality and freshness and originality and success and discovery of the original films it follows, sequels such as Taken II, Speed 2: Cruise Control, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, Independence Day: Resurgence, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Batman v. Superman, Thor: The Dark World. The Lost World: Jurassic Park, Incredibles II has surpassed the original. It's exciting, fun, family oriented and heart warming. To say any more is to give the movie away which I won't. I do want to say that the film is rated PG: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3606756/parentalguide there are some parts that I don't think are completely suitable for children ages up to 13 but those parts may just fly over the head of the youngest of those children without them noticing or comprehending what is going on and the older of those children may just shrug it off and have a couple of chuckles about it. 5/5 p.s. How well was this sequel received by audiences? It was released about 5 months ago in June and it has already earned a combined domestic and worldwide box office of $1.235 billion !!
  12. At the slow rate Cameron is working on Avatar 2 (2020 or later), 3 and 4, no one cares. I know I don't.
  13. https://variety.com/2018/film/news/ridley-scott-paramount-gladiator-sequel-1203017584/ Oh really? After all these 18 years? By the time it will be released, it may be 20 years. It's been proven most sequels to commercially popular films that took too many years to be made and released don't do well commercially and critically: "out of sight out of mind people no longer care after so long" principle. The first one was over-rated drivel and it didn't deserve to win Best Picture nor Best Actor. Also considering director Ridley Scott's recent attempts at trying to revive the Alien franchise with 2 disappointing movies, I wouldn't put too much stock in this sequel.
  14. Well the ones who lost are the 3 angels who lost their lives and once she goes to jail, her 3 children will also be victims, growing up without a mother. So her careless action caused the death of 3 angels and will ruin 3 more angels for life.
  15. Don't forget the big flashing red lights on the front of it. Also the school buses here now also have cameras facing both in front of it and behind it. If you drive by the bus while its red lights are on and the stop arm is extended, the cameras will take photos of your car and a siren will also sound to let you know you drove past it.
  16. Her bull excuse that she didn't recognize the school bus as such is like some of the excuses I've gotten when I was a Police Officer after pulling someone over for a traffic moving violation: I didn't know there is a speed limit. I thought the speed limit is suggestive and not mandatory (an analogy of that is the photos you see on food packaging that reads serving suggestions). I didn't know you still had to stop at a (stop sign/traffic light) if I am the only car there. You can't give me a ticket. I have never heard of that [insert law, violation there]. That's when I tell them: Ignorance is no excuse for breaking the law and does not give you a free pass to get out of getting a ticket or jail - you can go argue with the judge about that on your court date.
  17. Quote: she told police she saw the bus lights, but did not recognize it was a school bus, how do you not recognize it as a school bus if she HAS seen a school bus before? Even anyone who just started driving and just got their driver's license should know it's a school bus from seeing it on the streets while out and about and seeing photos of it or in the movies or on TV.Plus she has kids!There is no way anyone who has kids doesn't know what a school bus looks like or can't recognize a school bus by sight.
  18. She is saying she has never seen a school bus before and didn't know it was a school bus hence that's why she didn't stop because she not knowing it was a school bus, she also didn't know she was supposed to stop for it when the school bus lights are on and flashing !! That's the BIGGEST LOAD of BULL I have ever heard of in my life !! https://abc7chicago.com/driver-charged-in-deaths-of-3-siblings-at-ind-bus-stop-said-she-did-not-recognize-school-bus-lights/4590745/ If I was the judge on this case, I would set a new precedent and give her the death penalty.
  19. That's a great idea!!
  20. Parents get a 30% tax? I don't know what you meant but I LIKE IT!! TELL ME MORE!! It's raining cats and dogs here and will continue to rain like this through the evening and night. We may not get any trick and treaters. Looks like my kids will be eating a ton of candies. Their teeth gonna rot and fall out or my wife and I will be spending a fortune on dental visits bills to make sure they won't lose their teeth.
  21. This Sunday night game is the New England Cheaters again at home vs. the Green Bay Packers. They were just on primetime TV on Monday night football 2 nights ago !!
  22. It's 100% chance of rain tomorrow starting in the early afternoon and lasting through the night which means: almost 0 trick n treaters will be coming to our door a ton of candies leftover 5 very happy Angels whose teeth are going to fall out from eating all that candies and they will be bouncing off the wall from the unending sugar rush for the next 2 weeks.
  23. I have never seen any of the Pitch Perfect movies: I am not into musicals. Looking at the IMDB link Sir T posted for Ruby Rose, I didn't even know she was in John Wick 2 and the Resident Evil movie and The Meg, all of them I've seen. Guess she didn't do anything in them to stand out and make me notice her.


LARA CROFT ONLINE TOMB RAIDER HOME PAGE

© Lara Croft Online All rights reserved. "Serving Tomb Raider Fans Since 2001"

Lara Croft ® and Tomb Raider ™ are trademarks of © CDE Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.