Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Guested Account

Members
  • Joined

Everything posted by Guested Account

  1. https://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/08/19/tomb-raider-official-board-game/
  2. Hope they fix this before releasing the final game: https://www.polygon.com/2018/8/19/17756966/tomb-raider-enemies-trailer-ps4-xbox-one-pc
  3. Well, that sucks! I am holding out on watching this at the theaters because I want to see the uncut version on DVD.
  4. I have been reading on it and the studio made the director cut the theatrical version down from an R rating to a PG-13 rating so they can sell more tickets. Both the director and Statham are not happy with the final cut. All that editing down made the story and pacing very uneven and poor and also since most of the cut scenes involved the shark and bloody violence, one of the main complaints by many movie critics was the movie had too much talking and not enough action and scenes involving the shark. Hopefully we will see the full cut on DVD.
  5. One word, kids: SPOILED and WHINEY! We grew up with no cell phones and no Facebook/Twitter/Snapchat/Instagram and even NO COMPUTERS and NO INTERNET. Only one phone in the house and in my parents' house, we (my brother and sister and I) were not allowed to answer it when it rang until we were (each) almost in middle school or later. Oh how did we ever make it through childhood?
  6. LMAO, Morphie! Good One!
  7. There are 2 more books after 2010, both also by Arthur C. Clarke. Still waiting for the movies.
  8. First time I saw this it was in a movie theater in Rome as a re-release around 1973. I didn't understand it and I didn't like it. Heck. I was 8 years old. This is still the BEST science fiction movie ever made!! It's coming to IMAX on August 24th I am going!
  9. Skyscraper (2018) https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5758778/ Die Hard ripoff and not even a very good rip off, with the big ape which begs the question how the heck did he even become an actor! 1/5
  10. Guested Account replied to Purple's topic in Off Topic
    Teleportation is real:
  11. Bunch of spoiled BRATS!! Hey. I played Tomb Raider 1 100 times on the Saturn, the Playstation (1) and then the PC (with just a keyboard, the mouse, a VGA screen with no 3D card, and one speaker). Those guys in the video are not using the controller properly. They keep making her jump and also don't know how to keep it in 3rd person view. The graphics for Tomb Raider 1 in 1996 was way ahead of their time. Thanks to Stella's Tomb Raider Site for posting this on my Facebook wall.
  12. Just got this Blu-Ray. When this aired on ABC TV network during the primetime evening broadcast hours in November 1983, over 100 million people in 39 million households watched it, a record that was not broken again until 2009. The U.S. population in 1983 was about 233 million. That's almost 1/2 of the U.S. population that seen this movie during it's primetime evening broadcast. Directed by Nicholas Meyer, who just came off the success of directing the movie hit Star Trek II: The Wrath Of Khan, this movie tore into the consciousness of the American public and folks worldwide. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Day_After#Reception We knew at the time in the early 1980's that a nuclear war was imminent between the U.S. and Russia. It wasn't a matter of whether Russia was going to nuke us, it was a matter of when. But no one has ever told us what the result of a nuclear war would be like until The Day After was shown on TV in primetime in everyone's living room. It shocked us! In 1980, the U.S. was still recovering from a long economic depression, high interest rates, high unemployment, a weakened U.S. Military and a diminished U.S. Global Power after the Vietnam War, Americans longed for better times, brighter future for their children, a stronger economy, more jobs. Americans wanted to live and prosper again. Here comes Ronald Reagan, not only did he brought jobs and wealth, he also made the U.S. strong again militarily by spending an unheard and unprecedent $1 trillion on defense. But the spectrum of a nuclear war still loomed over us and when The Day After was broadcast, people had a new attitude: to live every day like it was the last day. That's why the 80's became the decade of excess: wealth, junk bonds, credit card debts, Madison Avenue found a new customer they could advertise to and make millions off from in the stores and malls: the teenage girls and teenagers. We said: you know if we are going to be nuked tomorrow, we might as well live it off today and spend and spend and spend - after all, we are going to die so screw it, it's just money and debt. We, the 20's something generation of the 80's invented wanting more, over spending, high credit card debts, and living materialistically and financially beyond our means. We lived our lives the same way the music videos being shown on MTV were: quick images edited together and played back fast and furious. I remember watching this movie on TV with my family and I was 18 at the time. It was what every one talked about for weeks and months after. Nicholas Meyer actually filmed almost 4 hours of material (not including added commercials breaks) and wanted it to make it a 2 part TV mini-series. But ABC Network TV couldn't find anyone to advertise and sponsor it for primetime broadcast unless they agreed to trim out a lot of violence, shocking and disturbing scenes, and cut it down to about 2 hours for a single night broadcast. Hence why it gotten poor reviews by critics about the editing and continuity and being disjointed as a whole but even with all that material missing, it still had the power to shock audiences. Now this won't seem so shocking anymore. In the past 35 years since this was broadcast, we have seen many nuclear wars and apocalypse end of the world movies and TV series but The Day After will always be one of their grandfather leaving a cinematic legacy and impact for years to come.
  13. The rest of the movie was just boring and uninteresting. I didn't care for the plot.
  14. Yes you are correct!! He surely did! Great memory, Morphie!! The only part of the movie I liked was when he and his "team" jumped out of the airplane and the scenes immediately following it - don't want to spoil it. I was ROTFLMAO!!
  15. Deadpool 2 (2018) https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5463162/ I liked the first one but this sequel was just boring and dumb and unoriginal with a story about a new character that I didn't care about. Lazy screenwriting just to get a sequel made. How do I get 2 hours of my life back? 2/5 Avengers: Infinity War (2018) https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4154756/ This is the 19th MCU (Marvel Comics Universe) movie and you have to need to see the previous 18 films to get a bit of an idea of where all those characters in this film fit into this movie and where they came from and what they were doing in their last appearances in their own movie franchise series like Thor Ragnarok and Captain America and Spider Man and Iron Man and Guardians of the Galaxy 2 and so on. Plus if you don't watch this one, you won't be able to watch the direct sequel Avengers: Infinity War 2 (YES! They left the ending as a cliffhanger) and Captain Marvel, both of them coming out next year. Honestly I haven't seen but maybe a bit more than half of the previous 18th films so I was lost half of the time. All these Marvel and DC comic books movies one after another every year are getting very annoying. 2/5
  16. WOW! This is what we need. TIred of reminding the kids it's time to do their kitties chores. https://www.chewy.com/catgenie-self-flushing-cat-box/dp/103361?utm_source=google-product&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=hg&utm_content=CatGenie&utm_term=&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI7Z6t74XQ3AIVTJyzCh1d_wgeEAQYASABEgL04vD_BwE
  17. How can anyone eat McNasty's when they can eat real food like what we had tonight at the Chinese Buffet?
  18. Poor squirrel. For once I want to see him win.
  19. Watching Avengers: Infinity War. There are like 20 main characters in this film and a dozen plots and subplots. I can't keep track of all of them.
  20. I like this! There are different cuts on these 2 charts I have never bought and should:
  21. Happy Birthday, Arnold Schwarzenegger. He is 71 today. Isn't he kind of old to be playing a Terminator again? What is he going to say? I'll Be Back... with a walker!! https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/movies/a22592117/arnold-schwarzenegger-terminator-revival/ https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3512729/arnold-schwarzenegger-begins-filming-terminator-scenes/
  22. The McDonald's Big Mac is 50 years old this week. https://www.businessinsider.com/mcdonalds-celebrates-big-mac-50th-anniversary-with-maccoin-deal-2018-7 I doubt there is any real beef in them 2 beef patties, contrary to McDonald's claim that it's made with 100% pure American beef. https://www.businessinsider.com/why-the-mcdonalds-big-mac-is-americas-burger-2016-10


LARA CROFT ONLINE TOMB RAIDER HOME PAGE

© Lara Croft Online All rights reserved. "Serving Tomb Raider Fans Since 2001"

Lara Croft ® and Tomb Raider ™ are trademarks of © CDE Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.