Everything posted by Guested Account
-
Disney buys out Lucasfilm, the Star Wars Franchise and George Lucas for $4 Billion!!
For REAL, Shrenshy? Disney is gonna work the property and squeeze it for everything they can. Soon instead of being events a Star Wars film will be just another movie. It's going to become exactly what the Marvel movies have become. There's just too many, too often. It amazes me that The Force Awakens and now this really look like nothing more than expensive fan-films. I don't mind the idea of cranking out Star Wars movies because I think that world is ripe with potential for interesting stories to tell. It's a fun, expansive universe. But so far I've not been impressed with Disney's handling of the property. But I found TFA to be a crushing disappointment in just about every way possible, so my interest in this movie is pretty low. Maybe a rental on Blu-ray but I won't go to the theater to see it.
-
Disney buys out Lucasfilm, the Star Wars Franchise and George Lucas for $4 Billion!!
If you didn't get enough of your Star Wars fix with Episode VII, here's another Star Wars universe movie you can spend your $ on this December! The final shot of her looks like she is wearing a Tie Fighter pilot uniform. This looks like it has more action than Episode VII and less preaching and talking! Rogue One - A Star Wars Story (2016)
-
The Rant Thread
She never called me back and I wasn't holding my breath - I knew she wouldn't call me back. The only time I shut down the modem and computer is if I know there is a bad thunderstorm front coming and I unplug everything. I have expensive surge protectors with $100,000 guarantee but I am still not taking chances. If you go into my modem settings, you will see Last Boot and a date and that date is usually 5-6 months ago. I agree! Rebooting is unnecessary. I told her if it's working fine, why reboot it? It's like if it's not broken, why fix it?
-
Everything about Movies and DVDs
Morphie is so smart! Thank you, Morphie!
-
This must be the unluckiest guy in the world this week !!
I don't wish ill will on anyone and I know it's not a laughing matter but it kind of reminds me of a Wile E Coyote Looney Tunes episode and I am trying very hard not to chuckle. http://www.reuters.com/article/us-california-driver-idUSKCN0X10A7 http://abc7ny.com/news/driver-nearly-falls-over-ledge-gets-struck-by-bus-in-malibu/1275355/
-
Everything about Movies and DVDs
I don't understand the connection between Deadpool and the X-Men institute and characters.
-
Everything about Movies and DVDs
Deadpool (2016) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1431045 OMG!! Is this the most violent comic books to live action movie adaptation ever? I wonder how many parents took their children to see it expecting another Avengers or Iron Man or Thor. 4/5 Question: what exactly happened in the "this little Piggy went to" scene? Can someone please PM the answer to me so we don't SPOIL it for the folks who haven't seen it?
-
Hot Toys BTTF DeLorean 1/6 Scale
I ordered the DeLorean: https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/back-to-the-future-delorean-hot-toys-902262/ BUT now, they are out of stock on the Marty McFly action figure: https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/back-to-the-future-marty-mcfly-hot-toys-902234/ I was hoping to order both items from the same online store.
-
I really want to give this new TV series a chance but...
This is from last night episode. That's Rebecca De Mornay playing Detective Decker's mother. YIKES! Getting old is a *****!
-
The Rant Thread
You mean from the phone jack in my living room to the modem or from the outside to my house? There is a gray box on the side of my house that has a pad lock on it and it's marked AT&T and there is also a tan and orange post shaped thing at the corner with a locked cover on it and that's also marked AT&T. The modem has not shut down and rebooted on its own since right before I called AT&T. My friend says they were probably doing a firmware update, there is no telling what AT&T does. Their company is so bloated no one knows what's going on except to give long time loyal pay on time customers like myself a hard time when we call them. The whole thing about not wanting to give me any technical support because I would not allow her to put the phone # I was calling them from, which is different than the phone # they have on file in my account, into my account profile was totally ludicrous.
-
The Rant Thread
3x the modem shut down and rebooted in past 2 hours. I have Pace PLC 5031 Modem I call AT&T and first the lady ask me for a phone # just in case we get disconnected. Then she wants to say the # I gave her is not on file, do you want me to update your account information and add this phone #? I said no. So she says she can't give me any technical support if I don't allow her to update my account information. So i said transfer me to the different tier to escalation and she says there is no such thing, no one HIGHER than her. I tell her BS, I've been dealing with AT&T for over 13 years and there is such thing, you are going to talk to me whether I update my phone # info or NOT. She gives in and goes through her technical support hoops and shuts down the modem from her end and reboot it and she wants to say there are no issues, maybe IT'S MY COMPUTER. I tell her I have had no issue with this internet connection and the modem. Time to last boot will be 3-4 months until today it shuts down and rebooted 3 times in past 2 hours. I also told her a web site is showing 31 reported outages with AT&T since 8 am: She CLAIMS if there is a repair or replacement going on in the AT&T network in my area, she will have that information on her screen. I called BS on her again. I said if someone is replacing a server or equipment somewhere in my area, they are not going to send out a message to her technical support department (she is in a call center outside the USA so she CLAIMS) to let her know there is a repair in progress in my city and there maybe possible outages. Looking at my posting history on an online internet support forum, the LAST time I posted anything about my AT&T Uverse Internet Connection giving me problem was in October 2015. That's how long my modem has been working without shutting itself down. So the outcome of my 45 min long call is: 1. she says there is no issue on her end and she also tested my modem from her end by shutting it down and rebooting it remotely and there is nothing wrong with the modem 2. she says the fault is in my computer - always the customer's equipment that's causing the problem 3. she was surprised when I told her my modem has been connected and working fine for 5 months and I never reboot it - she says it should be manually rebooted every month and furthermore, it's not good to leave the modem and my computer on 24/7. I told her the only time I shut either one of them or both of them down is if I know there is a major thunderstorm coming and I unplug everything. 4. since she can't find anything wrong with the modem remotely and she is not seeing any repairs being done on the AT&T network anywhere, not just in my area, she will not ESCALATE it to the next TIER support - which 40 min earlier at the beginning of our telephone conversation she CLAIMS it DOESN'T EXIST because THERE IS NO ONE HIGHER THAN HER. 5. she says she will call me back in 30 min to see if the internet is still on and she doesn't think it will drop again because AGAIN, THERE IS NOTHING WRONG with the MODEM or the AT&T network. AT&T basic Technical Support at 1 800 288 2020 is DUCKING useless! I posted it on their FACEBOOK PAGE 10 times for everyone to see how useless they are!
-
YouTube
- FIRST Film Quiz of 2016: Can You Guess the Titles of These Movies?!?
1 our of 2. #7 is not correct.- FIRST Film Quiz of 2016: Can You Guess the Titles of These Movies?!?
I'll post some clues this weekend. I have been busy and also under the weather the past week.- Everything about Movies and DVDs
If those movie studio executives had any brains about what the audience wants in an all female Ghostbusters and what really sell movie tickets, they should had gone with these uniforms:- Everything about Movies and DVDs
After a month, I've finally finish watching all 10 episodes of Ófærð aka Trapped (2016) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3561180/ Excellent show! 10/10 I find it strange that Iceland police do not carry firearms and the entire country is under one police force. Watch American TV networks ruin this by making their own version the same way they did with Broen/Bron, Forbrydelsen and Les Revenants.- Everything about Movies and DVDs
YUP! Just as I've said when I posted in this thread almost a month ago. It SUCKS! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3ugHP-yZXw- FIRST Film Quiz of 2016: Can You Guess the Titles of These Movies?!?
Whoohooo!- So if you were born...
... on February 29th. How do you celebrate your birthday in the 3 years out of every 4 years there is not a 29th day in February? For example if you were born on February 29th, 2016, there will not be a 29th day in February in 2017, 2018 and 2019. Does this means on February 29th, 2020, you will only be 2 years old?- FIRST Film Quiz of 2016: Can You Guess the Titles of These Movies?!?
Morphie does it again! Yay, Morphie!- George Kennedy (1925-2016)
One of my favorite actor has passed away: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2016/02/29/tough-guy-journeyman-actor-george-kennedy-dies-at-1/- FIRST Film Quiz of 2016: Can You Guess the Titles of These Movies?!?
Yay! Didn't think anyone would guess that one! It's an 'old' movie.- FIRST Film Quiz of 2016: Can You Guess the Titles of These Movies?!?
Yay, Morphie! Excellent, Sir T!- Oscars 2016
Spotlight won Best Picture? I've never even heard of it! When did it come out? What market did it play in?- Oscars 2016
When did Kate Winslet get so big? She is even bigger than Reese! - FIRST Film Quiz of 2016: Can You Guess the Titles of These Movies?!?
LARA CROFT ONLINE TOMB RAIDER HOME PAGE
© Lara Croft Online All rights reserved. "Serving Tomb Raider Fans Since 2001"
Lara Croft ® and Tomb Raider ™ are trademarks of © CDE Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.