Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Centaurs

Featured Replies

awww... I hope you're not really serious about quitting. I know how frustrating it gets. I couldn't do it myself with the keyboard cause you need the dodge move so much in that.

How about using a savegame? Or try with a controller instead? (in case you're playing with pc and using keyboard). Take a day break and then go back to it. That usually helps too. And we're all willing to help with ideas and give moral support!

Good luck!!

BPanther

[/quote]

`

BPanther Thanks for your word of help and support I will keep tring but I don't think it's me I think it could be the game not sure if anyone eles had this but when fighting the Trex I landed on a rock across form him and was able to shoot him from a distance it took awhile but he never came nearm and just kept growling ?! So I think there might be some bugs cos I have tried everything and they just don't get stuned or anything.

Q. Re Saved game can you get saved games fo PS2 or is it just PC?

I think it's easier to kill them on PS. I play it on PC and for killing the T-Rex, me and my brother cooperated - he pressed the shoot-button and the Interact button, and I did all the jumping and dodging...

It's bloody difficult if you have to do it all by yourself! You can't press all buttons at the same time!

Anyway, good luck y'all!

I think it's easier to kill them on PS. I play it on PC and for killing the T-Rex, me and my brother cooperated - he pressed the shoot-button and the Interact button, and I did all the jumping and dodging...

It's bloody difficult if you have to do it all by yourself! You can't press all buttons at the same time!

Anyway, good luck y'all!

Use the mouse buttons and I don't think it would be too hard...

I have given up on the Centaurs and am hoping someone here has a saved game for after they have been killed. My husband had a go and my elder daughter with no luck whatsoever. Just can't do that adrenaline Dodge. I always use Stella's walkthroughs and saved games (if needed) but she hasn't finished her walkthrough yet and hasn't completed this level with the Centaurs and so there is no saved game for this part. I could wait until she does this level but don't know how long it will take and i really want to get on with the game. So if anyone has a saved game for after the Centaurs please send it to nicola@njwinyard.co.uk

Thanks

Nicola

Nicola, I'm at the same point. I about blew my mind on T Rex. I'm on PC and there is NO way to move your fingers fast enough for some of these moves. I still don't know how I ended up killing the T Rex. But I know I was not near one of those things he was to "fall" into. Anyway, I'm all centaured out. Like you, I'm so ready for Stella's save game so I can just go on to the Temple of Khamoon. I have no idea when it will come out. I'm such a wimp - I know. But my mouse or fingers just don't move fast enough on the PC version. Like you, if anyone has that saved game beginning Temple of Khamoon, I would be sooooo evah grateful!

Marsha

I am on PC...unfortunately I still cannot manage to use the tips here to defeat these beasts. They just continue to come and come at me and I cannot find any place to hide or regroup so to speak. It has really been frustrating. I can't even figure out the adrenaline dodge on the PC. So many buttons to push at the same or near same time. I rely too much on Stella's saved games. Guess I shall have to wait for that one also. If anyone has the Beginning of Temple of Karhoom, would appreciate it.

Marsha

I am on PC...unfortunately I still cannot manage to use the tips here to defeat these beasts. They just continue to come and come at me and I cannot find any place to hide or regroup so to speak. It has really been frustrating. I can't even figure out the adrenaline dodge on the PC. So many buttons to push at the same or near same time. I rely too much on Stella's saved games. Guess I shall have to wait for that one also. If anyone has the Beginning of Temple of Karhoom, would appreciate it.

Marsha

You can reconfigure the buttons so they're easier to press...

here's the saved game;

unzip it first.

do you know where it goes?

:)

Temple_of_Khamoon.zip

I can us your zip (well I donn't think I can using PS2) But can you help me I'm in the the Obelisk of Khamoon and finding it realy hard with the grapil jumps can you provid any advice?

I am on PC...unfortunately I still cannot manage to use the tips here to defeat these beasts. They just continue to come and come at me and I cannot find any place to hide or regroup so to speak. It has really been frustrating. I can't even figure out the adrenaline dodge on the PC. So many buttons to push at the same or near same time. I rely too much on Stella's saved games. Guess I shall have to wait for that one also. If anyone has the Beginning of Temple of Karhoom, would appreciate it.

Marsha

/

It took me 3 days to defeat the Centaurs on the PC, probably because my 57 year-old hands aren't as quick as they used to be, but I did figure out a couple of tricks to make the level doable (NOT easy!):

1. I found out that if I was always moving from side to side I could avoid the firebombs, and when the the rage meter filled and one of them attacked all I had to do was hit the "duck" (shift) button to dodge (I also used the duck button to avoid being frozen --- the fewer the buttons to remember, the better);

2. I used manual combat mode for aiming (the automatic modes required an additional click before I could grapple the shield);

3. Instead of looking for the visual cue to know when to fire (the rings converging and turning red) I used the auditory clue (the "ding" sound) to know when to fire. That way I didn't have to be looking everywhere at once;

4. I switched to an old PS/2 keyboard and mouse I had in the closet because I discovered my wireless Logitech keyboard/mouse set was not responsive enough (it's one of their cheaper sets, not intended for gaming);

5. Mostly it just took a lot of practice to get familiar with the keys and taking breaks when I got frustrated.

  • 2 weeks later...

Stella has an alternate strategy listed in her walkththrough. I will have to try it out.

If you're having trouble with the strategy above, if you've encountered the shield bug (below) and can't get around it, or if you just want to try something different, here's an alternative to direct combat in which you trick the centaurs into killing themselves:

When the battle starts, save manually in a new save slot just in case this method doesn't work for you. If it fails, you will be stuck in a bad spot and have a hard time continuing without reloading the earlier save.

Target one of the centaurs so its health bar appears in the top right corner of the screen. Then run to the edge of the island and jump into the water above the tunnel that leads to the switch. This spot is opposite the tomb entrance, just below and to the right of where the edge of the island forms a little square notch. (This screenshot shows the spot.) Do not jump into the water anywhere else or you won't be able to avoid the centaurs' fireballs and Lara will die. Quickly swim Down into the tunnel, using a medipak or two on the way if Lara does get hit by a fireball. At the end of the tunnel, climb out of the water on the ledge with the switch. CHECKPOINT 10 registers again.

Now just wait and watch as the centaur's health bar gradually depletes (as shown in this screenshot). I can only guess what the two of them might be doing to each other as they wait and wonder what happened to Lara, but whatever it is, it's not doing them any good. While this is going on, you can take a bathroom break, go to the kitchen for a snack, paint your nails, whatever. It will take a while, but eventually the first centaur will be reduced to zero health and die. You'll know this has happened when the yellow health bar disappears.

Unfortunately, the other centaur won't do the same thing until you've gone back out and gotten a target lock on it. This is the tricky part. You need to swim to the end of the tunnel and up to the surface. Then very quickly climb out of the water before the centaur can fire-bomb Lara to death. You may need to use a few health packs to do this. Take a couple of shots at the centaur, so you can see its health bar, and then swim back to the switch and wait for it to commit suicide. When it's dead, the cut scene kicks in.

Alternately, after killing the first centaur this way, you can swim to the surface, pick up the shield it dropped and use it to beat the second centaur. You won't need to take the second centaur's shield, just enrage it until it uses the green petrification ray, reflect the ray back at the centaur to petrify it, and shoot it until it comes after you again. Repeat the process until it is destroyed.

  • 2 months later...

Hello,

I've killed Centaurs but I didn’t save the game before combat. Does anybody has a saved game before combat with Centaurs and T-Rex too, because I'd like to kill them again. So if anyone has a saved game directly before the Centaurs and T-Rex please post it here.

Thanks :woho:

Had

  • 2 weeks later...

i just figured out the right way to do the dodge today, you have to roll left or right wen prompted, two grey targets get closer together as you do it when they go together and go red onto the centaur press shoot. then you can grapple its sheild. i really enjoyed that boss fight

i no but it walnt work coz i do it on PS2 and when i do the dodge and the 2 gray things joyn i shot and than the horse run away and i havent got a chace to get that shield

  • 2 months later...

I've been trying to beat the centaurs for months now. I play for hours at a time and can't beat them, then give up a while and go back to it.

Some people here have said beating them was easy. Not on my PS2 system.

I cannot use the walk-around method of hiding in the cavern underwater while one kills the other, because after the one is dead, the second will not commit suicide even after I go back up and shoot at it. If I get it's sheild and pick it up, the sheild is then not drawn properly and I can't use it to turn the petrification ray back on the centaur. If Lara gets petrified during this solo battle with the one remaining centuar, a new glitch appears - you lose all control of the game until Lara is killed and then you have to start all over again!

Unlike my old TR games on my Mac, where I can save once every second if I wanted to, on PS2, I am only allowed to save when they give you that checkpoint. So I believe I will never get out of here.

I don't know what else to do. I've tried everything. My hand can only take so much firing. I tried the idea I read here about firing the shotgun at them. It does enrage them faster with less firing, but I don't have enough shots left either way.

Is there anyone willing to copy their save after the centaurs onto a PS2 memory chip that I would happily mail you along with $10 for your trouble? If so, send me a message. I can provide my ebay info if you want to see I'm a legitamite person.

Thanks

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...


LARA CROFT ONLINE TOMB RAIDER HOME PAGE

© Lara Croft Online All rights reserved. "Serving Tomb Raider Fans Since 2001"

Lara Croft ® and Tomb Raider ™ are trademarks of © CDE Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.