Everything posted by Guested Account
-
Everything about Movies and DVDs
I think Christopher Nolan's Batman movies are over-rated and over-hyped!!
-
Everything about Movies and DVDs
The Dark Knight Rises TRAILER #3: I am still not impressed by this yet 3rd trailer! Furthermore, I still can't understand Bane's mumbling! Is it going to mumble throughout the Final Cut or will they work on his voice some more in post production? QuickTime: Small | Medium | Large | 480p | 720p | 1080p Windows Media: Small | Medium | Large | 480p | 720p | 1080p
-
The Rant Thread
did you ever post anything at that forum I'd found for you or get any help or suggestions there?
-
The Rant Thread
Morph: I would. No reason to throw your money away for service you are supposed to be receiving and not getting and your ISP apparently doesn't care about taking care of its customers. I would use the $ to change ISP and then file a complaint against them, over here will be with the BBB (Better Business Bureau), the FTC (Federal Trade Commission), Attorney General of Texas Consumers Protection Division, PUC (Public Utility Commission). Not sure what you have in Australia that's the equivalent of all those. I filed a complaint against AT&T DSL and Southwestern Bell with all those agencies about my $200 rebate (for signing up with them) that they didn't send me and then they want to say I took too long to send in the paperwork when I'd never even did receive the paperwork to fill out. To get the paperwork I had to fill out, I had to go online to their rewards website and enter a code. To get the code, I had to request it by mail. The code never came in the mail but for 2 months, AT&T kept telling me they send it. So without the code, I couldn't request the paperwork; without the paperwork, I couldn't put in a request for my rebate. It was AT&T way of dragging their feet so my 90 days redemption period to get my $200 rebate would run out and when it did; like I'd already said, they used the excuse I took too long to request my rebate and I no longer qualified for it. 2 weeks after I filed a complaint with all those agencies, the Executive Secretary of the President of AT&T called and apologize profusely and begged me to withdraw my complaints. My check was in my mailbox within 48 hrs and they also refunded my Deposit and cut my monthly service fee to $19.95 a month. I never did withdraw my complaints, they are still on file in writing at those agencies I filed with.
-
Kitties!!!!!!!!!!
Went to Petsmart today to look at Kitties! The Angels been asking for a Kitty for a few months now.
-
The Rant Thread
Hi Morph! Like I said, you can always predict a young person's future by how they perform at a simple, job like running a cash register. I'm in my own retail business for almost 20 years now and I have stories I can tell you about some of the people that worked for me. Like the girl that got all nervous at the cash register when a customer brings up a shopping cart full of items. 1-5 items, she's alright, but a shopping cart? She'd started panicking and screwing up and punching the wrong things on the screen. Now add more than 1-2 people in her line: OMG!! Her Register RED light would be constantly on!!
-
The Rant Thread
You can tell a lot about a young person's life prospects by how well they can run a cash register at a grocery store. I had the stupidest encounter in the whole history of stupid encounters the other day. I had put together a salad at the salad bar and brought it to the front end for purchasing. She sees that the lid is starting to come off, so as she is pushing her hand down on top of the lid to reseal it, she is ALSO WEIGHING THE SALAD at the same time. She tells me that the salad is $7.33 (it's 5.99 a pound). I suspect she was holding the salad down, but I don't want to accuse her of being incompetent, so I ask her to reweigh the salad. I was sure I had not gotten more than a half-pound of salad, but according to her I've purchased a 1 and 1/3rd pound of salad. She's not sure how to void the salad, so she asks her manager to help her. I instantly detect trouble. He doesn't look very bright and doesn't appear to be able to speak English very well, but to his credit, he reweighs the salad and I was correct. The computer also takes off nearly 4.00 from the price, so at this point the final bill is correct. But then girlfriend goes and weighs the salad AGAIN, thinking her manager had voided the entire item. He comes back over and, not understanding her what she needs, reweighs the salad. Now the salad is on the receipt THREE TIMES. But we're not finished yet. I explain to him that he's merely added the salad back on to her mistake, so he weighs it AGAIN. Now I'm really pissed. The salad is on the receipt FOUR TIMES!!!! He's totally confused, so he simply voids the whole order. She can't communicate the problem because she doesn't understand it, so this front-end supervisor then takes my salad and weighs it as OLIVE BAR (the olive bar is 9.99 a pound; the regular salad bar is only 5.99 per pound). Now my salad has gone from costing me 3.59 to 5.99. I have to try and explain again to these idiots (both of them) that it is from the salad bar, not the olive bar, and that the salad weighs only .6 pounds when your hand is not pressing down on it. Finally they got it right, but it was a case of DUMB and DUMBERER being allowed to handle money and supervise the people handling the money. I'd boycott the store if they weren't the best grocery store in the area.
-
Everything about Movies and DVDs
More Skyfall promos
-
The Rant Thread
put him in your situation: if he was the customer and he was experiencing the same problem for so long as you have and not getting any results from Tech Support and still have to pay for it with his HARD EARNED MONEY, how would he feel. That's the diplomatic part, make them feel guilty and empathy toward you and give them a reasonable amount of time to resolve the issue. But let them know if that doesn't solve it, you will take it to a higher level which is the AGGRESSIVE PART, which means their job may be in jeopardy: Hey, I spoke with your tech support many times for so long and they are not doing their job at resolving the issue and satisfying the customer so now I am going over their head. No one wants to see their job in jeopardy. Isn't there other phone numbers you can call besides Tech Support? Who is this ISP? Like I'm with AT&T and if I spend enough time google it, I can find all kind of phone numbers. There is also a website here that lets you get help when the ISP not helping you: http://www.dslreports.com/forum/ilec,swbell there MUST be a website similar to it for Australia.
-
The Rant Thread
I wish I was in AU, I would be raising hell and taking care of it for you!! I had problem 2 years ago with my AT&T DSL and they just ignored me and tech support was useless, you get morons in Philippines that hardly spoke any English much less understand your problem. So I took it all the way to the top and got a call back from the President of AT&T and everything has been working perfectly ever since.
-
The Rant Thread
I would be going nuts if my Internet service wasn't working properly for such a long time!! Don't they have a toll free number you can call from a regular phone outside of your home?
-
Everything about Movies and DVDs
First OFFICIAL photos for "Skyfall 007"!!
-
The Rant Thread
I'm stuck in the 80s!! I long for a return to the old MTV when they actually played Music Videos from 1981 to 1987!! Without MTV we would not have Madonna and today's Britney Spears and Lady Gaga and Christina Aguilera and J-Lo and Beyonce and many others female artists. Without MTV Michael Jackson would never had become famous!! Without MTV we would not have Hans Zimmer http://en.wikipedia....iki/Hans_Zimmer Without MTV we would not have many of today's Directors like David Fincher http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000399/ and Michael Bay http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000881/ and F Gary Gray http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0336620/
-
The Rant Thread
people complain about my kids too being nosy or chatty or like Arabella and Amando, are just starting to talk in sentences. I always reply: I bet you were a quiet obedient little Angel that doesn't cry or get gassy or poop in a diaper when you were his/her age. Should we call your Mother and find out? they'd always shut up after that
-
The Rant Thread
she didn't look young, in her mid 20s I would say. she moved very very slow and she'd also spent a lot of time chatting with the cashier (she was the bagger) and she didn't even say hi to me. the baggers usually say hi to the customers as soon as you go up to the line and the cashier starts scanning your items. I love Central Market but they don't have self checkout. Nowadays I'd rather use the self checkout so I can be sure I don't get charged twice for the same item, get over-charged and have my groceries bagged properly. We've been known to use the self checkout when we do our weekly family grocery shopping with 2 carts, one cart for the stuff and the other cart for the Angels.
-
The Rant Thread
I went to the grocery store today. Someone please explain to me why the stupid lady put my bottle of wine, 4 canned goods, loaf of bread and 2 ziploc bags of cold cuts in one Plastic Grocery Bag? Is she just dumb and incompetent or are they trying to save on Plastic Grocery Bags? By the time I get home, the bottle of wine would have ripped the grocery bag apart, the canned goods would had shattered the bottle of wine, the spilled wine would had ruined the bread and the carpeting on my car. I told that lady to put the wine in a brown paper bag, put the loaf of bread flat in a grocery bag with the 2 ziploc bags of cold cuts standing upright on either side of it in the bag and put the 4 canned goods in another grocery bag, upright and be sure to double bag that bag. She wasn't happy about me telling her what to do. There are so many millions American who are unemployed. I am sure any of them would be happy to have her job so she can go home and sleep all day and play on her ipod and chat on her smart phone and just sit around and do nothing - which also explained why she was moving slower than molasses to bag 8 items! What does she do when she gets a customer with a shopping car full of items?!?
-
LCO NFL Fantalk 2008
I don't get this Denver decision. I could had see it if Manning went to Miami or Tennesse or some other team, maybe even Dallas. But to get rid of Tebow? Didn't he take them to the Playoffs? http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/report-peyton-manning-decides-denver-broncos-160122984.html
-
Don't tell Andrea that I said this but....
She's looked awfully thin. Especially her arms.
-
Don't tell Andrea that I said this but....
- Happy Birthday Lara Croft wherever you are!
Happy Birthday Lara Croft and Tom and LCO!!- Don't tell Andrea that I said this but....
Cinema for Peace Gala in Berlin- Don't tell Andrea that I said this but....
Angelina at the SAG Awards 1/29/2012 http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/k791aw4rciqpeafsei9z0cc9uj1ineco/- Everything about Movies and DVDs
I sent them an email saying pretty much the same thing I said in here. Do they ask parents who buy tickets to MA 15 films to provide Birth Certificates and Paternity Test results proving they are the parents of those children? Furthermore, do they ask other customers who say they are legal guardians for the same written legal documents they asked you? I told them I bet they don't, the only reason they asked you is because you look young. But what business is it for them to decide that? When a customer said they are legal guardian to a child and they want to purchase a movie ticket, that's the end of that. They should had sold you a ticket without any trouble. Additionally, when you emailed their corporate office, they were rude about it. I told them to apologize to you in writing and also to invite you and your sisters back, at their expense, by providing you free admission passes and gift certificates to the concession, so you and your sisters can go to any movie of your choice; including MA15 movies without any trouble and question.- Everything about Movies and DVDs
okay, Morph. I will shoot them an email tonight.- Everything about Movies and DVDs
Morph, you know how often I see kids in Rated R movies that you have to be 17 to get in or accompanied by a Parent or Guardian? I would make a federal case out of it!! Ask them if they ask parents to show document written proof they are the parents of the children they are buying movie tickets to restricted movies? Do they also ask the parents to provide a paternity test result? They are most likely going to say no; then ask them why do they ask guardians to do so. What company is this? I want to email them myself! I am good at raising hell and complaining! I get a couple of $1,000 worth of free merchandise and goods and services each year just complaining to stores, restaurants, companies about their poor customer service and rude employees. - Happy Birthday Lara Croft wherever you are!
LARA CROFT ONLINE TOMB RAIDER HOME PAGE
© Lara Croft Online All rights reserved. "Serving Tomb Raider Fans Since 2001"
Lara Croft ® and Tomb Raider ™ are trademarks of © CDE Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.