Everything posted by madmadmary
-
Walkthrough for this EXCELLENT game
Sorry to hear about your hard drive Stella. I read about it on alt.games earlier today! I'm patiently waiting for your walkthrough. I'm managing fine but there are one or two places in Eygpt where your help would be invaluable. Mary
-
Help with Wall-walking!
Being good at wall grappling becomes rather vital in later stages of the game! I know to my cost, or rather Lara's cost! Mary
-
Help with Wall-walking!
What I like about the wall walking is that it isn't easy. I thought it would be a case of being automatically driven by the game but it's not. If you don't time it right or get the right momentum - splat! Tip - once you have the rope jump at the highest point at the other end and don't fiddle with the camera! I've learned that to my cost. Mary
-
Review
Well you can save and load in the actual game. Demos never let you do that do they? It's fairly clear most of the time where you can jump and move to. You don't want it too obvious and that has not normally been the case except I think in Legend. The controls are explained on screen during the game. I haven't read the manual but I'm fairly sure they would be in there. The rope thing is explained in the game. I don't recall seeing Lara's face when shooting enemies. You are usually behind her unless you turn the camera round. I don't find the combat too different from the original game except for the rage thing which I do find a bit tricky. I wouldn't let your negatives put you off the game. Mary
-
Tomb Raider Anniversary
I have recently updated my PS3 although at the moment it's not linked to my home network as I've just changed that. I'll try that. I might play it again on the PS2 just to see if there is any difference although I'm informed that TRA is the first truly compatible game with PS3. Mary
-
Tomb Raider Anniversary
I have a job. I don't spend a lot of money on stuff other than the usual bills food and clothes and my hobby which is gaming. Mary
-
Tomb Raider Anniversary
I'm playing on the PS3. The game also locked up in a very irritating place when I'd just got a relic! Mary
-
Tomb Raider Anniversary
No, the game does freeze. It happened to me once or twice. I turned off and started again. Mary
-
Damolces Room
Thanks. What worked for me was getting her to jump when she was as high as she could go. The pillar was further away than I thought. Mary
-
Damolces Room
I'm nearly finished with this room but there is a bit where you have to grapple, wall run then jump to a column. It seems impossible as I can't tell when to jump. Any tips for anyone who has reached that bit? Ta! Mary
-
Tomb Raider 10th Release Dates !!
It's definitely 1st June for Europe. I had an email from Eidos as a subscriber to the official website which announced the date. Games in the UK are always released on a Friday. Mary
-
Perfect games
Well I bought TR1 and 2 and the same time quite a while after they had been released for a bargain price. For some reason which I can't now remember I played TR2 first and it's still my favourite game of all time. Leaving aside the TR games a very near perfect game for me is ICO which I thought was beautiful. And of course Shadow of the Colossus. Then there's JetSetRadioFuture. And I loved Galleon (Toby Gard game) which was fabulous. Other real favourites include Beyond Good & Evil, Ocarina of Time, Paper Mario Thousand Year Door, Dragon Quest VIII, Oblivion, the Thief series, Mafia, the Getaway (only the first one), Primal, Ratchet & Clank, Prince of Persia Sands of Time and the two subsequent games. These games I come back to time and again and love them. I often imagine playing them. There are probably more but I can't think of them. Oh yes Project Gotham 2 (a perfect racing game in beautiful surroundings). Mary
-
Lara has a myspace!
That's OK. Mary
-
Lara has a myspace!
I put this in TR News as it is part of the advertising campaign and includes links to the videos and updates on the Anniversary game. Mary
-
Lara has a myspace!
Lara's myspace Mary PS if this link doesn't work can someone fix it for me?
-
Who wants to replay TR1 with me?
OK, thanks very much to Stella's help I am now able to get TR1 working on my PC and for the first time I'll be able to play the Gold version! Yay! So I started yesterday and managed to finish the first Peru level and am about halfway through the second level. I have relied quite heavily on Stella's walkthrough. My main problem at the moment is that the walk keys don't work very well. I have a laptop and have a usb keyboard plugged in. The problem is that the ordinary cursor keys don't seem to work. I can use the number keypad but I'm not as comfortable with them. I also have problems trying to get her to walk forward. I have to start her running then press the shift key. Still I'm realising again that in spite of the clumsy graphics the game is much more sophisticated than most of the newer games which look beautiful. You need to do a 'full edit' and not a 'quick edit'. Small bug we didn't fix yet. I merged both posts for you!~~BP Something went strangely wrong when I tried to edit my last post. It said thanks to Stella I am now able to play TR1 and the Gold version at that (which is a first for me!). I've played through the first two levels and got all the secrets, and I'm just entering the Lost Valley. It's a brilliant game and it must be about five years since I played it so it all feels unfamiliar which is great. Mary
-
LEGO Star Wars
I just finished playing this again this week. Brilliant game, although LEGO Star Wars II is even better! Mary
LARA CROFT ONLINE TOMB RAIDER HOME PAGE
© Lara Croft Online All rights reserved. "Serving Tomb Raider Fans Since 2001"
Lara Croft ® and Tomb Raider ™ are trademarks of © CDE Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.