Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Everything about Movies and DVDs

Featured Replies

  • Author


Is Disney taking all the classic animated films one by one and rebooting/remaking them into live action?


Recently we had Cinderella and looking at the future releases list, there are several live action remakes of the animated films in the works:


(all the ones with a YELLOW L next to them at the bottom of the page)




Disney stock is at $103 a share. Maybe I should buy some!


:D

Edited by J7Dadda

  • Replies 1.6k
  • Views 299k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Author
Does the world really need another Steve Jobs movie?




It's by a good director (Danny Boyle) and a good screenwriter (Aaron Sorkin) but Fassbender is not Steve Jobs.


The 2013 version with Ashton Kutcher was mediocre but Ashton did resembled Steve in some scenes.

  • Author
Vacation (2015)




I turned it off 27 minutes in after the sorority college scene.


This is what has become of Christina Applegate's movie career?


What was the point of this movie anyway?


The first 2 films were alright.


The 3rd film, Christmas Vacation was pretty much pushing its luck and it didn't make any money.


Then the Vegas Vacation was a bigger flop.


Only basing on the 27 min I watched, I will give it 0/5

  • Author
The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951)




We humans are doomed aren't we?


We are either going to cause our own extinction by lobbing nuclear weapons at one another or we are going to p o some peaceful alien race that visits Earth by shooting first and asking question later causing them to 'death star' planet Earth.


4.5/5


(maybe some day I will break down and watch the Keanu Reeves remake but I doubt I will anytime soon)

  • Author

remake sucked trust me.

Yeah... that's what several people at my video stores been telling me too.

Thanks. I will pass. Save me 2 hours of pain and suffering.

  • Author
Sergio Leone's Once Upon A Time In America (1984)




I've seen this movie before a long time ago on VHS but that was the stupid excised 139 version for American audience - cut back from the original Italian 229 min theatrical release.


The version I watched tonight is the full 251 min film originally envisioned by director Sergio Leone in 1983, which was recreated in 2011 using previously cut scenes.


979d85438860214.jpg 90bf7c438860228.jpg


It was shown at the 2012 Cannes Film Festival and subsequently released in September 2014 by Warner Bros on a special 2-Disc Blu-Ray set.


d0fb8c438860732.jpg



Now that I've seen this full version, the story makes more sense and the movie itself is in turn sadder and at the same time more powerful than ever before.


It's very unfortunate this film did not receive the full version release in America in 1984 which caused it to blasted by the critics and shunned at the box office.


Otherwise, it may had very likely received Oscar nominations for Best Picture, Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Supporting Actor, Best Supporting Actress, Best Director, Best Art Direction, Best Photography and Best Musical Score.


This was Sergio Leone's final film in an illustrious 20 year career that begin with the Spaghetti Westerns which elevated Clint Eastwood to an International Superstar.


Damn the studios and the American censors for disrespecting him by cutting his original cut of this film to pieces.


5/5

Edited by J7Dadda

  • Author
Self/less (2015)




A nearly 2-hours long exercise in banale futility, recycled plots and film cliches.


Also Ryan Reynolds is totally miscast. He has the same dumb clueless expression on his face even when someone is pointing a gun at him or shooting at him.


The main actress is also horrible as if she was plucked directly out of a cheesy Telemundo soap opera.


HECK! The 8 years old little girl that played the daughter did a better acting job than any of the adult actors and actresses in the entire film.


The premise was interesting but the director and screenwriters really had no idea what to do with it and how to execute it brilliantly.


It's like when you were in school and you were asked to write a paper about what you did on your Summer vacation and you wrote a brilliant title to start your manuscript and then your mind went blank.


You'd ended up sitting there for hours just staring at the white sheet of paper with just a title on it with no idea how to start it and what to write as your opening sentence.


Well this movie is like that!


If you value your time, stay away from this film!


:angry2:


1/5

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Author

War Hunt (1962)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0056675/

Little known Korea War movie starring a very young Robert Redford (his first motion picture starring role), Tom Skerritt, John Saxon, Gavin McLeod (Captain of the Love Boat) and future film director Sydney Pollack.

Future Best Director Academy Award winner Francis Ford Coppola also has a non speaking cameo role as an Army truck driver.

This film is a study in anti-war psychology.

4.5/5

  • Author
Cop Car (2015)




When you were a kid, did you ever want to get into a police car and drive it and play with the sirens and lights and drive real fast and run stop signs and traffic lights with it?


Well this film is about what happens when 2 kids do take a police car.


4/5

  • Author
James Bond #24 Spectre (2015)




Definitely better than Skyfall but unfortunately, I think this may very well be Daniel Craig's last Bond film.


At the end of the rolling credits it read "James Bond Will Return"


James Bond always returns but the actor playing the role may not be the same.


4.5/5

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author
The Transporter Refueled (2015)




There is only one Transporter and that is Jason Statham and will always be Jason Statham.


I don't know who this actor is and I don't care he was on Games Of Thrones because I have never seen that show and I never will!


2/5

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Author

The Martian (2015)

5f0fcc452136403.jpg 

 http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3659388/

It was okay but not great and definitely not as awesome as people made it out to be.

Most of it was boring!

Interstellar was more exciting.

Even Mission To Mars and Red Planet were more exciting.

Could had been a SyFy movie or some Cable TV movie.

3.5/5

Edited by j7wild

  • Author

Between this and Independence Day: Resurgence I choose Independence Day: Resurgence.

A friend of mine says:

Quote

Sorry to all you Fanboys, but this trailer is total garbage, I see Mad Max meets the Fast and the Furious during a Heavy Metal concert.


I AGREE with him!

It's sooo noisy,

I got a headache just from one viewing of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRVD32rnzOw

  • Author
31 minutes ago, Tom@LCO said:

I enjoyed it very much. I don't know why you were disappointed.

THIS:

the following link contains an image with SPOILERS. If you HAVE NOT seen Star Wars The Force Awakens,

DO NOT CLICK!

http://www.imagebam.com/image/45104a453374696

If you search for articles and reviews online and on sites like Rotten Tomatoes and IMDB, many folks feel the same way.

J J Abrams has no originality. He screwed up the Star Trek Franchise and remember what I said when we first heard he was going to direct the Star Wars films for Disney?

I said he was going to ruin Star Wars the same way he ruined Star Trek and I was right!

Right at the very first thread here October 2012 I said immediately: please no J J Abrams!

http://www.laracroftonline.net/index.php?/topic/6530-disney-buys-out-lucasfilm-the-star-wars-franchise-and-george-lucas-for-4-billion/&page=1

Quote

 

Maybe make a film where the director seems to give an actual damn about story continuity and integrity. Gives a damn about acting and storytelling.

Let the directors hype and rumours begin!

I pick Joss Whedon!!

He is the only Director for this job!!

And PPPPLEASSSEEEE NO J. J. Abrams!!

 

 

Then down at January 2013 in that same thread I said:

Quote

 

Abrams has signed on to direct Episode 7?

He is a hack!

He is ruining the Star Trek franchise and now he is going to ruin the Star Wars franchise too!

He will be responsible for the downfall of the 2 biggest science fiction film franchises in celluloid history!

Get ready for a million annoying flare lens in Episode 7!!

 

 

The movie will still make $ but not for the right reasons!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...


LARA CROFT ONLINE TOMB RAIDER HOME PAGE

© Lara Croft Online All rights reserved. "Serving Tomb Raider Fans Since 2001"

Lara Croft ® and Tomb Raider ™ are trademarks of © CDE Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.