Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

LARA CROFT ONLINE HOME PAGE

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

"A 400-year-old clue in the coffin of Sir Francis Drake sets a modern-day fortune hunter on an exploration for the fabled treasure of El Dorado, leading to the discovery of a forgotten island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. The search turns deadly when Nathan Drake becomes stranded on the island and hunted by mercenaries. Outnumbered and outgunned, Drake and his companions must fight to survive as they begin to unravel the terrible secrets hidden on the Island.

Taking full advantage of the power of PS3, Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune is developed using proprietary technology that promises to impress players with incredibly realistic characters and lifelike environments. Building on its legacy of extraordinary storytelling, developer Naughty Dog has created an elaborate plot that will have players guessing at every turn. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, brings players into a world ripe with realism and unexpected juxtapositions."

Published by: Sony Computer Entertainment

Developed by: Naughty Dog Software

Genre: Action Adventure

Number of Players: 1

Release Date:

US: November 20, 2007

Europe: Q4 2007

http://ps3.ign.com/objects/812/812550.html

Cool! Trailers: ^_^

- Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Trailer for PS3 (1Min-51Sec)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=GMlmbrd24T4

- Uncharted Drake's Fortune 'Gunplay' HD (3Min-22Sec)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5VsQj33C1Fs

UnchartedDF18.jpg

UnchartedDF24.jpg

UnchartedDF1.jpg

^_^

• 2 months later...
That's great Motoko! Please, I'd love to hear your impressions on the game.

It's really freakin cool, well I have been waitting for it for months now, so I knew it was going to be good, it got a 10/10 at IGN I was hearing.

Usually any game from: Namco/Bandai and SCE (Sony Computer Entertainment) is great, and Sega also.

>Motoko<

Edited by Motoko

Yup, I've just watched a number of gameplay videos on IGN --- this is definately a pick up for me!

( I digress from the topic: Motoko, I heartily recommend Mass Effect for your boyfriend to play if he doesn't know already about it. If he played and enjoyed Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, he'll certainly dig Bioware's latest game.)

Yup, I've just watched a number of gameplay videos on IGN --- this is definately a pick up for me!

( I digress from the topic: Motoko, I heartily recommend Mass Effect for your boyfriend to play if he doesn't know already about it. If he played and enjoyed Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, he'll certainly dig Bioware's latest game.)

Ok I will tell him...

>Motoko<

I love it, and I've only played the Demo! This is what I want TR8 to be...well, this and a mixture of the non-linear style of Assassin's Creed. So Drake's Fortune and Assassin's Mixed with TR style would be a sure winner for me!

I like the health system, it's very intereseting and forces you to take cover, which if there were health packs, I would probably be less likely to do. The graphics are spectacular--probably the best water effects I've seen for a while.

I'm asking for this at Christmas lol.

MsC

The graphics are spectacular--probably the best water effects I've seen for a while.

Even better than in BioShock? :D

I would love to play this game, since I heard you get to explore a whole jungle! A shame it's PS3 only.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm asking for this at Christmas lol.

MsC

Cool! ^_^ Btw, there are secrets well they are called treasures and there are 60 of them total and they also unlock things, so keep an eye out some are easy to find. The game is so fun.

>Motoko<

Edited by Motoko

Can anyone who has played the game tell me how much action it is and if there´s any puzzels? I´m not sure if I will like it if it´s only a shoot em´up game. I guess I would like to know if the game play gets repetitive?

There is plenty of action and puzzles. If you aren't sure about this game then I suggest renting it first. Games now can come in pretty expensive, wouldn't want to spend all this money on a game you aren't sure of.

>Motoko<

Edited by Motoko

There is plenty of action and puzzles. If you aren't sure about this game then I suggest renting it first. Games now can come in pretty expensive, wouldn't want to spend all this money on a game you aren't sure of.

>Motoko<

thanks for the tip, I have however not even a Playstation 3 yet, hopefully I will be abable to get one when TR8 comes out. I have an other question though, how easy are the puzzels in drake´s fortune? I heard that they are very simple and boring.

thanks for the tip, I have however not even a Playstation 3 yet, hopefully I will be abable to get one when TR8 comes out. I have an other question though, how easy are the puzzels in drake´s fortune? I heard that they are very simple and boring.

You have to play it yourself, I mean there are always going to be people with different opinions just like with movies, some people are going to tell you that it's the best film they have ever watched and others are going to tell you the complete opposite so I always say judge for yourslef ... you won't know until you have played/tried it and then decide weather it may be or not your type of game. I love Uncharted I'm bearly getting halfway so far is very fun and definetly recommend it for people that like Action/Adventure type of gmes and that's my opinion so far.

>Motoko<

Okay this is just my opinion and yes I am pre judging it.

Looking at the trailers and all that on tv it looks like a Tomb Raider rip off. I mean, the locations seem similar to TR, TR-ish atmosphere, also the moves shown are so similar to TR. The wall run in TRA is even in the game.

Just my opnion remember...

Okay this is just my opinion and yes I am pre judging it.

Looking at the trailers and all that on tv it looks like a Tomb Raider rip off.

Nah, it's pretty different, remember that TR is kinda based on Indiana Jones and James Bond but in a woman, and I still wouldn't call TR an Indiana Jones/James Bond rip off.

>Purple<

Picked my copy up a few weeks ago and played about an hour and I must say that I'm enjoying this game quite a lot. Much like a number of games recently released, Mass Effect comes to mind, Uncharted has a cinematic feel to it.

The game has very likable characters. I just have to get used to the controls. For the moment however, I've put this game on hold, and every other game I've listed as currently playing on another thread, to focus on finishing Mass Effect.

Picked my copy up a few weeks ago and played about an hour and I must say that I'm enjoying this game quite a lot. Much like a number of games recently released, Mass Effect comes to mind, Uncharted has a cinematic feel to it.

The game has very likable characters. I just have to get used to the controls. For the moment however, I've put this game on hold, and every other game I've listed as currently playing on another thread, to focus on finishing Mass Effect.

I told my BF about Mass Effect like you told me and he loved that game, he is hooked on it lol.

>Purple<

I told my BF about Mass Effect like you told me and he loved that game, he is hooked on it lol.

>Purple<

I figured he would ---- like me! Hook, line, and sinker. Lol. At the moment, I've logged in just over 20 hours of gameplay by doing a number of sidequests; I haven't yet touched the main plot. I want to level up as much as possible and collect as much credits too in order to purchase uber armour, weapons and various upgrades. And on the side, I have my character romancing the Asari scientist, Liara :lol:

Back on topic,

I played quite a bit of Uncharted today and man, is this game enjoyable. Action, adventure, with some doses of puzzles (very easy) and humour sprinkled in. It reminds me a lot of the Indiana Jones adventures --- tongue-in-cheek action. Highly recommended!

I'm still searching for the reporter (forgot her name) and just finished this level where I'm up against numerous bad guys and some guy with a machine gun perched on an elevated level, running point. This was by far the most exciting gun fight yet: out of Ak-47 ammo and down to just 3 bullets on my 9mm, I literally had to make my shots count. It was something like out of the movies (ending of Die Hard and the warehouse scene in MI: 3)) --- outstanding!

Edited by jedicri

I played quite a bit of Uncharted today and man, is this game enjoyable. Action, adventure, with some doses of puzzles (very easy) and humour sprinkled in. It reminds me a lot of the Indiana Jones adventures --- tongue-in-cheek action. Highly recommended!

I'm still searching for the reporter (forgot her name) and just finished this level where I'm up against numerous bad guys and some guy with a machine gun perched on an elevated level, running point. This was by far the most exciting gun fight yet: out of Ak-47 ammo and down to just 3 bullets on my 9mm, I literally had to make my shots count. It was something like out of the movies (ending of Die Hard and the warehouse scene in MI: 3)) --- outstanding!

I'm at the part after the water skiing (or however you spell it). I think I know where you are at, the grenade launcher gun, if you find shoot the Machine dude with that and don't forget about the treasures, have you collected any? Yeah I have runned out of ammo couple of times, so I just rush to a bad pirate that's the closest and punch him and take his ammo lol.

>Purple<

Edited by Purple

• 1 month later...

Finished this game about a month ago (forgot about this thread...) and here are my final thoughts on the game: O U T S T A N D I N G ! ! !

Sorry to have to say this but Uncharted has much more fun gameplay than Tomb Raider. Uncharted is briskly paced and as such, the puzzles that you do encounter are not bumper stumpers. It is an action/adventure so puzzles, unlike the Tomb Raider games, are not put on the forefront.

Someone mentioned the wall run in Tomb Raider and that Uncharted copied/imitated it; if I'm not mistaken, the first of Ubisoft's Prince of Persia trilogy had this before TR did (and executed without a rope or vine for that matter).

I'll admit that Uncharted does borrow from TR, but also the hiding behind walls while in a gunfight from Gears of War. This type of gunfight actually forces you to shoot tacticly, otherwise, should you run out of ammo or happen to pick some up along the way dropped by fallen enemies, your final option would be to engage the enemy mano-a-mano and in this respect, the game does great as well.

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune is an absolute must-have for PS3 console owners. Here's hoping for a aequel!

Edited by jedicri

• 1 month later...
The game sounds cool but i have to get the PS3 first!! :lol:

i agree it sounds good..just not enough money for ps3...i was actually looking forward to it myself but got really discouraged when i found out it was only out on ps3