Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

LARA CROFT ONLINE HOME PAGE

Video games made from the TR movies?

Trinity34

Hey all.

I was just thinking.... wouldn't Paramount make a ton of money if they licensed Angelina Jolies likeness and made games from the movies or the upcoming movie? This would be the first video game with AJ actually in it and there would be tons of AJ fans to buy it. What do you think? Would you buy a TR video game based on the movie?

• 9 months later...

i wouldnt, that would never happen anyway and i think its a bad idea the games and movies should be seperate, that would really show theyve run out of ideas and that the franchise is finished if they have to do a game of the film, which was based on a game in the first place!

Actually, I like this idea. I thought there should be a game based on the movie when I first saw the movie. But I can tell ya, it probably wouldn't make much money, and I know that having a game, that's based on a movie, that was based on a game, doesn't really work well with profit. I haven't seen many games based on movies actually get good ratings. But as far as personal opinions go. I think I'd love it. And I would definitely buy it. I like Angelina Jolie.

i wouldnt, that would never happen anyway and i think its a bad idea the games and movies should be seperate, that would really show theyve run out of ideas and that the franchise is finished if they have to do a game of the film, which was based on a game in the first place!

Actually I agree with that, its not good for the franchise. :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

I toatly agree and where would it go in the series anyways? :wub:

Well of course it wouldn't fit in with the series, it would be just a seperate game, called Tomb Raider the movie game. Which actually kinda sounds rediculous if you think of it like that. Not to mention a game based on a movie that was based on a game in the first place is a little rediculous. But I would buy it if they made it. Lol

Which won't happen, and I don't think it'd sell well either. Games based on movies don't sell well as it is.

• 2 months later...
YEAH AJ as Lara in a video game that would be GREAT ^_^

i surely would buy it ;)

There's something like that now.

It's called The Sims (Hot Date and up).

It worked for Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen.

Edited by New_Raider