Everything posted by Guested Account
-
LCO NFL Fantalk 2008
First 6.0 earthquake they get in Los Angeles and kaboom, gone!
-
LCO NFL Fantalk 2008
Does this means Los Angeles will finally get a "Forever" NFL Football team http://espn.go.com/l...egin-march-2013
-
The Rant Thread
I'd even show that Assistant Manager the ad. A copy we picked up there at the store at the entrance so there was no "you brought that from somewhere else and you altered it". He wasn't convinced. He said even if it didn't specify in the ad the cut of the meat and that thin cut costs $1 more per lb, the store was within their rights to do so. So when I left, I told him I was going to call the BBB and the Attorney General office. He kind of looked at me like "you are stupid" and said: "you do that" mockingly like he was thinking, let's see how far you will get. Well, who is stupid now? Who is laughing now? This is the same store that started selling Rancher's Reserve USDA Prime Beef 3 years ago and they would advertise T-Bone or NY Strip or Rib Eye, etc etc, different kind of steaks, for $3 or $4 a lbs. But then you go to the store to buy per say just one or two steaks at the sale price, the price for those one or two steaks is not the sale price. They will tell you to get the sales price, you have to buy the Extreme value pack with 6-8 steaks in it. I am the one who complained about that to Safeway and the BBB and the Texas Attorney General Office several times and after that, Safeway started putting in their printed advertisement that the sales price is for Extreme value packs only. We shop there because the other stores here are Kroger (bad meat and produce, never buy their meat and produce; the store is good to buy store brand names staple basic products like Kroger brand bread and canned goods, the quality is the same as the more expensive national brands), Wal Mart (we only buy household items there), Sprout's (good for produce and fruits) and then Safeway Randall's (best place to buy Meat along with Central Market which is far from us - and we only go to Central Market either on the weekend when there is less traffic on the freeway or on my way home from work I pick up a few things there)
-
The Rant Thread
Now Safeway is calling me like crazy after I have filed a complaint under Deceptive Trade and Practices, False Advertising and Bait and Switch with the BBB and the TX Attorney General's Consumer Protection Office. They want to offer a resolution. I will give it a day or so before calling them back. Let them sweat a bit! We went to get steaks last Friday that were on sale for $5 a lb. The Ad only said Extreme Value pack, NY Strip Steaks. It didn't specify what kind of cut it was (thick cut or thick cut, etc) and when we picked up a pack to buy, it was $1 more per lbs because it was "Thin Cut". The 2 butchers on duty had no idea why it was $1 more per lb. Speaking with the Store Assistant Manager, he gave me this whole BS story about how there is more labor for the butcher to cut the meat thinner. So I asked him, doesn't the butcher gets paid the same amount of money for a work week, whether he is cutting steaks thin or thick or cutting 100 lbs of meat a week or 1 lbs of meat per week? Are you passing the labor costs to the consumer? When the weather is 105+ during the summer, do you charge the customer extra because your employees have to go out and collect shopping carts in the heat? The whole thing didn't make any sense to me. They didn't want to take care of business and shrugged me off so I filed a complaint with the BBB and the TX Attorney General's Consumer Protection Office.
-
The Rant Thread
In your previous post you mentioned it's been 1 week since you applied? I would make a follow up call to the store/employer and follow the rules regarding follow up calls I sent you in PM. I wouldn't wait 2 weeks. Strange that the employment agency told you 2 weeks.
-
The Rant Thread
I miss the days when sheets were just sheets, not fitted. It was so simple. Kratos: I am glad things are better for you at work. You been there so many years, the company should recognize that and treat you better and be more open to listening to you when you have a complaint and concern. Morph: I hope you get that job. Don't forget to call back at least a couple of times a week to follow up. Let them know you are interested. from GOOGLE: the above advice also can be used to follow up after you had an interview.
-
The Rant Thread
ARRRRGHHHHH!! Fitted Sheets!! More like RETARDED Sheets!! You NEED a PhD to figure these damn things out!!!!!!!!!!!! Who came up with this crap?
-
Everything about Movies and DVDs
Hi Morph! It's 10 p.m. on Saturday night there. Did you go see RE: R? How is it? Is it awesome? (don't reveal any spoilers ) I was going to go today but I have to go into work. Will try to go on my day off tomorrow or Monday.
-
LCO Chat Room
I will try to be there at 6pm Central or earlier.
-
Everything about Movies and DVDs
I sneak in my own bottle of water; I won't pay $5 for a bottle of water! I've seen people that sneak in fried chicken and pizza and everything that fits in a woman's purse/tote bag!
-
Everything about Movies and DVDs
I remember when first run movie tickets at night were $3.50 and between 4pm and 6:30pm they had the "twilight" showings for $2!! Good old days, the 80s!! $20 and I could take a girl out to a sit down dinner and a movie with popcorn and cokes!
-
Everything about Movies and DVDs
The first show for new movies on opening Fridays is usually 9:30 to 9:45am. The movie is only 95 min long plus about 10-15 min worth of previews. If we go to the 9:30 show, we can still get out in time to go pick up the Angels at school by 12:30pm. The theater is only 3 miles from our house and about the same distance from their school.
-
Everything about Movies and DVDs
Who here is going to see Resident Evil: Retribution this weekend? Raise your hand! ME! ME! ME! ME! ME! ME! ME! ME!
-
LCO Chat Room
We had a good chat tonight except I missed the last 40 min of it; I had to go make a phone call. Sorry.
-
LCO Chat Room
It's now 5:10 US Central Time. We just got home from taking our children to get a haircut and grocery shopping. Now it's feeding and bath time. I will be in Chat in 1 hr at 6:15pm.
-
LCO Chat Room
Last Friday night's impromptu Chat event was a hit. We had at least 10 people in Chat. It was like we did the time warp back 5 years. Let's do the time warp again this Saturday night. I will be in Chat around 5pm U.S. Central Time. http://www.laracroftonline.net/index.php?app=ipchat That's 3pm in California, 6pm in New York, 11 pm in London, Midnight in Italy, 8 am on Sunday in Australia, 6am on Saturday in China, etc etc Hope to see some of you there.
-
Happy Birthday! Week of September 3, 2007
Happy 30th Birthday, Cliffy and once again, congratulations on your first baby and being a new Dada!
-
Everything about Movies and DVDs
Snow White and the Huntsman (2012) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1735898/ This movie could have had potential, instead it was ruined by a poor script and a very emotionless, wooden acting by Kristen Stewart. Snow White is supposed to be the "Fairest of Them All" and the best actress the producers could come up with was Kristen? Any of those actresses could have been so much better than Stewart, even Dakota Fanning and Emily Browning! The only reason Stewart was cast is because of the Twilight films and the producers of this film had to bring in ticket sales to recoup their $170 million budget! Stewart was a good actress when she was a child. Now that she is grown up, she has become so full of herself: she has no class; she cheated on her long time boyfriend Robert Pattinson, with the married director of Snow White and the Huntsman. She's a total skunk whore slut! Furthermore, she's also a pot head which I am sure affects her acting abilities. If you don't believe that Stewart is a 420, look up any photos of her taken by the paparazzi and look at her pupils in most of them. 0.75/5
-
Don't tell Andrea that I said this but....
Where are their bodyguards to keep the people from mobbing them?
-
Everything about Movies and DVDs
I got my rental DVD copy of The Hunger Games today! This BETTER be good! The last 2 films that received "great" and "fantastic" reviews from critics and fans: "Drive" and "The Cabin In The Woods", they turned out to be Over-Hyped STINKERS when I watched them!
-
Everything about Movies and DVDs
Trust me, Jolie. The POTC movies are like the Dark Knight and Star Wars movies. There are plenty of idiots Fan Boys out there who will continue to crank down money to watch them and buy them on DVD as long as they keep making them.
-
Everything about Movies and DVDs
Johnny Depp will get $116 Million for Pirates of the Caribbean 5. I hate the POTC movies. The first one was ok! The second one made you feel kind of ICKY and SLIMEY and DIRTY when you left the theater. The third one didn't make a bit of sense! The fourth one was just is it done yet especially when Keira wasn't in it and Penelope's character was just Blah. Well, at least Johnny Depp will be the first actor to beat Jack Nicholson's 20 years old Standing Record of being the actor who has received the biggest salary for a single film ($60 Million in 1989 money, adjusted for 2012 dollar, that's $110 Million) and his own record for POTC4 where he received $55 Million. Depp is not done yet, he signed up to do 9 POTC films which means after this next one, there will be FOUR more of these atrocious POS disguised as Cinematic Blockbusters!!
-
Everything about Movies and DVDs
Yes, and looking at his resume, he also wrote or co-wrote Toy Story, Alien Resurrection, Titan A.E., The Avengers (2012).
-
New Tomb Raider 2013 Screens Released
Come on with a playable Demo! Come on with a playable Demo! Come on with a playable Demo! Come on with a playable Demo! Come on with a playable Demo! Come on with a playable Demo! Come on with a playable Demo! Come on with a playable Demo! Thank you Tom for those excellent screens and video clips!
-
Everything about Movies and DVDs
Cabin In The Woods http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1259521/ What a piece of crap!! From all the reviews I've read about this film in the past few months on how good this movie is and how it is not the same recycled horror movie over and over, I was excited to see this film. Now that I have seen it, I am extremely disappointed!! I was expecting it to bring something new and fresh to the horror movie genre and instead it's a rehash of everything we've seen in the horror movies in the past so many years; plus it's also a copycat of several Buffy The Vampire Slayer and Dollhouse episodes plus the Cube Trilogy and the Matrix Trilogy and many other horror films rolled into one. Sure, this movie is from Joss Whedon and Drew Goddard of Buffy and Dollhouse fame but come on, they couldn't come up with something original instead of borrowing from their own material? 1/5 and that's being extremely generous!
LARA CROFT ONLINE TOMB RAIDER HOME PAGE
© Lara Croft Online All rights reserved. "Serving Tomb Raider Fans Since 2001"
Lara Croft ® and Tomb Raider ™ are trademarks of © CDE Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.