Everything posted by Guested Account
-
LCO Chat Room
I just talk to Kratos: The Chat tomorrow is at 6 PM Eastern, Not Central. That's 5 PM Central. For Morph, that's 10 AM Sunday for you.
-
Tomb Raider 2013 Screenshots Thread (SPOILERS ABOUND!)
Thanks Shrenshy! Hey Crystal Dynamics! Where's her backpack ??????????
-
Tomb Raider PC System Requirements Revealed!
Not just that. To download you need a credit card. Some people don't have credit cards. Most of the customers in the video game business are kids, they don't have credit cards. They will have to ask their parents or an adult for it and I know when I was a kid, how many times did you think Dad let me use his credit card or credit card # for anything? ZERO! Even if the customer is an adult, they maybe like a few friends of mine that I have: they do not use a credit card online. They don't care if the merchant's website is encrypted with a 2 Gazillion security system; they just won't use a credit card online, period. Then there is the unfairness to retailers like me and there are many like me, including big national retailers who won't get a penny from the PC version this new Tomb Raider game.
-
Disney buys out Lucasfilm, the Star Wars Franchise and George Lucas for $4 Billion!!
It looks like Ford, Hamill and Fisher will be back in Episode 7: http://popwatch.ew.com/2013/03/07/george-lucas-star-wars-sequels/ Mark will have to get on an exercise program. I saw him last year in a low budget movie named Airborne and he looked real heavy. Sure, some people do put on weight when they age - it's perfectly natural; but Mark has gotten huge even for his small body frame! Either the years haven't been good to him or he just hasn't been taking care of himself or both. For someone who still gets a lot of work (according to his IMDB filmography), you'd think he would have the $ to at least get a gym membership, work out regularly and eat a sensible healthy diet. Someone on another forum said (which I agree with):
-
Tomb Raider PC System Requirements Revealed!
Wait.... The PC version is Download only! Hey! That's not fair to retailers!
-
LCO Chat Room
You are 17 hrs ahead (I'm using Sydney time), 6 pm CENTRAL here will be 11 am on Sunday there .
-
LCO Chat Room
Sounds like a plan. Will Baby Lara be there?
-
Tomb Raider PC System Requirements Revealed!
Mmmmm.... I may try to put this in my Sony Pentium 4 HT PC.... or my laptop! None of them are dual core but they both have 2 GB RAM minimum.
-
LCO Updates February 28th 2013
Wait? The game is out? I was at my store today and I didn't even look. Can't remember the last time I'd ventured down the Video Game section since I no longer have time to play Video Games for hours at a time anymore. I still haven't played Tomb Raider Underworld!
-
LCO Updates February 28th 2013
I been avoiding every article about it including screenshots posted here at LCO. Got my XBox 360 ready! Where's the game?
-
LCO Updates February 28th 2013
Looking fantastic, Sir T. You work too hard. Thank You! Have a beer!
-
Disney buys out Lucasfilm, the Star Wars Franchise and George Lucas for $4 Billion!!
Disney confirms "Star Wars" Spin-Off Films. Disney Pictures CEO Bob Iger has confirmed talk that the studio is looking into "Star Wars" spin-off films that will be released independently of the new trilogy. Iger tells CNBC: "There has been speculation about some stand-alone films that are in development. I can confirm to you today that, in fact, we are working on a few stand-alone films. Larry Kasdan and Simon Kinberg are both working on films derived from great 'Star Wars' characters that are not part of the overall saga. We still plan to make Episodes 7, 8, and 9, roughly over a six-year period of time, starting in 2015. There are going to be a few other films released in that time, too." Disney is going to milk this like they did with the Pirates of the Caribbean movies and every successful animated theatrical film they ever made which now have regular direct to video sequel releases. Example: 101 Dalmatians was a Theatrical success, so they made a live action 101 Dalmatians and 102 Dalmatians. Then they made a 101 Dalmatians II Patch's London Adventure for the video market and then.... well, you get my drift. Disney will do the same with the Star Wars Franchise: Episode 7-9 for the theater, spin-offs for the theater and direct to video, then sequels to the spin-offs direct to video, etc etc source: http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?play=1&video=3000146094 thanks to Haazhel_Thorn at M-L for the news tip
-
LCO NFL Fantalk 2008
I won! I won! I won!
-
LCO NFL Fantalk 2008
109 YARDS Kickoff Return for a TD by BALTIMORE! WOOOHOOO! THAT $ IS AS GOOD AS MINE!!
-
LCO NFL Fantalk 2008
I went on the Las Vegas betting line and I bet $100 that Baltimore will keep San Francisco from beating them by 4 points
-
Disney buys out Lucasfilm, the Star Wars Franchise and George Lucas for $4 Billion!!
Credit goes to Largo for finding this: ROTFLMAO!!
-
Everything about Movies and DVDs
In other DIE HARD news, A GOOD DAY TO DIE HARD reportedly has a running time of 97 minutes, making it by far the shortest entry in the series. This film will be the death-knell for the series. I've always equated short-running times with low budget pictures, or films that simply didn't have enough plot to sustain 2 hours or more. Quite frankly, I'd rather not go see an action film that is less than 2 hours and 15 minutes long. Only comedies should be in the 1:40 to 1:55 range. Action,drama, sci-fi, detective, period pieces....all should be at a minimum 2 hours and 15 minutes, if not much longer. I was already somewhat skeptical of releasing the film in February; now this new running time makes the prospect of success a lot more worrisome. I'm just not going to roll out of bed, and spend $10 on 90 minutes of actual movie, 7 minutes of credits, and 20 minutes of previews for other films. A 90 minute action film is not worth the investment. It brings to mind cheap, B-grade, straight-to-vhs/dvd rentals like HARD TICKET TO HAWAII and ANY POS WITH STEVEN SEAGAL IN THEM. You have to intrinsically understand that a 97 minute film is the mark of no-quality. It's the white flag of surrender. It's like saying we could barely scrape enough quality material to fill up 90 minutes plus the credits. Length is no guarantee of success, but I'd rather try and do more with more than try and do more with less. At two hours you can at least say you gave the audience as much bang for their buck as you could. At an hour and a half, you're all but admitting total failure. I can't think of an entry in any major franchise where the film was 97 minutes and a good film. Alien Versus Predator crapped out at 87 minutes.....SUPERMAN IV was a waste of 90 minutes..... I'd rather a franchise tried big and failed with 2 hours than essentially aim low and hit the target. This is just like FOX. FOX does it again! Screwing up another movie franchise with crappy entries. They did it to the Alien franchise and the Predator franchise, now Die Hard franchise. What's next? The Star Wars franchise? Oh wait.. they already did that when they sold it to Disney and Disney hired Abrams...
-
Everything about Movies and DVDs
Oh.... I thought Pumpkins are only for Halloween Jack-O-Lanterns and for pies.
-
Everything about Movies and DVDs
I agree with this movie's premise. Organic used to be reserved to a few small farmers who were truly growing organic food. Now it's just another big corporate scam to get your money. I bet 3/4 of the stuff out there that's labeled organic is not even organic. How are you going to check it anyway? My brother's wife is crazy about organic. Everything in her refrigerator and pantry is organic: meat, salad, fruit, veggies, eggs, juices, butter, milk, ragu', pasta, butter, potato chips, canned goods even down to organic canned tuna (no way, tuna is wild caught, not farm raised - I had an argument with her about that). if it can be slapped an organic label on it, she has it. Just think of all the money they would have saved by not buying organic and paying the premium mark up for it: I would say $10,000 a year easy! p.s. I've tasted organic food - it doesn't taste any different than regular food.
-
Disney buys out Lucasfilm, the Star Wars Franchise and George Lucas for $4 Billion!!
I saw that, Jedicri. R2D2 and C3PO are also in Raiders of the Lost Ark in several places as hieroglyphics on the walls. ---------- Bloody hell... JJ Abrams? Given the amount of good or even great directors who would have agreed to make this film, the choice of Abrams is Bloody unfathomable. His films: MI3, STAR TREK, SUPER 8. Anything special or even particularly good among that lot? No. And, as STAR TREK proved, the guy is just as enthusiastic to bastardise beloved characters as Lucas was with the prequels. They're treating STAR WARS as "just another franchise" with this appointment when, in light of the damage done by the prequels, the opposite approach was utterly essential. Sadly, JJ Abrams is commercial. Disney want their money's worth. They'll probably get it with him. Here are some problems I had with the prequels (specifically THE PHANTOM MENACE). If Abrams can avoid making these mistakes (I DOUBT HE WILL! I DOUBT HE'D EVEN KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE STAR WARS UNIVERSE AND WHAT THE STAR WARS FANS WANT) he has a good shot at making a great movie: #1 Forcing characters into the script (Lucas forces C-3PO and R2D2 into the prequels and it just doesn't work; especially in the case of C-3P0. By having Anakin be the person who builds C3PO, the inclusion of 3PO feels inorganic; it's a transparent case of squeezing in a character for which a storyline doesn't call for it. I'm also at a loss to explain how Anakin/Darth Vader would not recognize C3P0 years later in TESB). #2 Being intellectually dishonest with the characters (admit it: when you first saw Star Wars and you heard Obi-Wan utter the line: 'When I first met your father, he was already a great pilot', did anyone concieve of the idea that the 'great pilot' would be a 9 year old boy? It's another example of Lucas shoe-horning in a plot element that doesn't call for it simply because he wants it, not whether the story dictates) #3 Cheap laughs. The first Star Wars movie had humor, but it flowed from the situations; it never felt like any character was being used specifically for an easy joke. Not so with TPM. Jar Jar Binks destroys every scene he is in. Binks was a massive, massive distraction; so perfectly awful that, like a black hole, simply nothing was able to escape his grasp. Binks ruins every scene he is in, and I don't say that lightly. He serves no function other than to go for allegedly easy laughs, even though I don't recall laughing even once. At least with A NEW HOPE, the film appealed to kids without alienating adults. I'm not sure anyone was amused by TPM. #4 Wooden acting. The one thing Abrams can definitely do is get a performance out of the actors, mostly because he wants to. Lucas hated directing actors and looked at them as something to get past in order to get on with the things he really wanted to be doing. #5 Pointless plotting. The entirety of Episode I was essentially a waste of time. We spend 2 hours getting to know the most ruthless villain in the history of film as a cute, tow-headed, do-gooding, tyke. Don't get me wrong; I liked Jake Lloyd, but he should never have been cast in this movie because the character of Anakin should have started out as a mid-30/40-something man, not a child. And all of the political posturing and grandstanding the 1st and 3rd films also weighs down the narrative. It says something that after all Lucas has done to STAR WARS, we still fear for it's safety at the hands of Abrams. I think Lucas' problem is that he's an awful writer and director. He was always more infatuated with the optics than the story. And you have to give him credit for knowing when to throw in the towel and let someone else direct, which is why I believe he not only hated the prequels, but he hated the fans and he hated Star Wars so much that he forced himself onto the prequels rather than let anyone else have a chance at directing them. Certainly after the universal condemnation of PHANTOM MENACE, you'd have thought he'd give the directing over to someone else. But he was defiant to the bitter end, and destroyed a series of films that had the potential to be so much better. Harrison Ford was famously quoted as saying he told Lucas:"George, you can type this shit, but you sure as hell can't say it.", and Carrie Fisher said Lucas' direction always came down to this: "Faster" and/or "More intense". Terrence Stamp refused to ever work with Lucas again: http://www.ign.com/a...m-menace-boring Stamp discussed his involvement with the very first of the Star Wars prequels. Speaking of his relationship with Lucas, Stamp said, "We didn't get on at all. I didn't feel he was a director of actors, he was more interested in stuff and effects." He went on to add, "He didn't interest me and I wouldn't think I interested him." So why did Stamp want to do the movie in the first place? Well, he wanted to meet Natalie Portman, but when he turned up for his first scene with the young actress, she was nowhere in sight. Stamp asked Lucas as to her whereabouts, the director replied, "That's Natalie", pointing to a piece of paper on the wall. Stamp summarised the experience quite pithily: "It was just boring." I've never felt that the prequels were so dependent upon special effects that Lucas had no choice but to wait 16 years to make Episode 1. I think it's lazy and a cop-out for him to suggest that. I found the original three to be much more epic in scope and weighty and profound than the prequels could ever hope to be. I think he is a man who is at odds with his own creation because his creation is much larger and more powerful than he is. What he gave life to has become more successful than him; in fact, maybe even in spite of him. He gave birth to something he was not able to control, and I believe he has great disdain for the Star Wars fans (I like the series, but am not hard-core). I think he resents the fans and I think it shows in his refusal to release the original trilogy onto Blu-Ray and/or dvd untouched and without the new special effects. I think his resentment shows up in his retro-direction of the scene where Han Solo kills Greedo (I guess we're all just a bunch of gun-loving rubes for liking the fact that Solo pulled the trigger first). Thank God that SOUTH PARK ruined Lucas' chances to "re-imagine" RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK, because I firmly believe he would have successfully pressured Spielberg into changing the scene where Jones shoots down the Arab swordsman (played by NSNA actor Pat Roach). We already saw what they did with E.T., taking guns out of the FBI agents hands and digitally changing them to radios. There's nothing about the prequels that couldn't have been filmed in 1986, 1989 and 1992. Lucas blames the lack of f/x technology for his inability to make those films at that time, but somehow, someway, we all managed to get by loving the original three films even with limited capabilities.
-
Disney buys out Lucasfilm, the Star Wars Franchise and George Lucas for $4 Billion!!
IJ 4 was an abomination:
-
Disney buys out Lucasfilm, the Star Wars Franchise and George Lucas for $4 Billion!!
ABRAMS!!!!
-
Disney buys out Lucasfilm, the Star Wars Franchise and George Lucas for $4 Billion!!
Abrams has signed on to direct Episode 7? He is a hack! He is ruining the Star Trek franchise and now he is going to ruin the Star Wars franchise too! He will be responsible for the downfall of the 2 biggest science fiction film franchises in celluloid history! Get ready for a million annoying flare lens in Episode 7!!
-
LCO NFL Fantalk 2008
ANOTHER Cowboys player in trouble? So much for America's Team! They should rename them to America's Most Wanted! http://www.nfl.com/n...charge-in-texas
-
The Rant Thread
The AT&T Tech Support Rep told me the UVerse outage was limited to a few customers! Limited? I was affected for over 10 hours. The 4 different Tech Support websites NON-AFFILIATED with AT&T that I go to said it was Texas, Arkansas, Georgia, Florida, Kentucky, Oklahoma, Tennesse, Louisiana and a couple of other States. I wouldn't call that LIMITED. I call that TOTAL FAILURE by AT&T and TOTAL BREACH OF CONTRACT in providing the service they promised!! Typical AT&T and their LIES! Unless AT&T also want to claim all the people that posted to those 4 websites and posted their exact City and State location were lying! I already called AT&T and told them to credit me for at least 1 day of service outage or they will hear from the FTC, FCC, Texas Attorney General Office, PUC and BBB!
LARA CROFT ONLINE TOMB RAIDER HOME PAGE
© Lara Croft Online All rights reserved. "Serving Tomb Raider Fans Since 2001"
Lara Croft ® and Tomb Raider ™ are trademarks of © CDE Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.