Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Guested Account

Members
  • Joined

Everything posted by Guested Account

  1. The road hazard warranty is not included with any tires. It's an additional cost and they will always push it here at Discount Tires and NTB. It's like selling an extended warranty when you buy a computer plus the person who writes up your order gets a bonus for every road hazard warranty they sell. I bought it before when I had my old pick up truck and it's a ripoff. I had a flat on a new tire from Discount Tire that was only 1 month old. I picked up a big nail and it was deep into the tire. Went to Discount Tire to claim the warranty which says when you pick up a nail, they will fix or replace the tire for free. They wouldn't do it. They said it's not covered because the nail is in some part of the tire so it's not fixable/patchable and that also voided the free replacement part of the warranty. I had to buy a new tire they said. I told them forget it, I will go somewhere else. I wrote the corporate office and raised hell and was told that they told me wrong. I made them reimburse me for the price of the tire that went flat, the price of the road hazard warranty on all 4 tires and the price of a new tire I had to get somewhere else. The district manager said he would send me a check and I told him I wouldn't take a check, I want cash. I demanded that I will go back to that same discount tire that sold me the road hazard warranty and then negated on it for the cash and to have it ready within 30 minutes. It's a business and I am sure they have a safe where they keep some cash on hands and don't give me the BS that they don't. Yup, I got my cash within 30 minutes.
  2. So I go to buy tires for my car... I first look on their website, Discount Tires, a nationally well known tire chain store in the U.S. for the tires that match my vehicle. I enter the make and model and year of my car and their website matches several tires in stock at their stores in my area that will fit my car. They start at $50 each for the lowest priced no name brand to $142 each for the highest priced made by Michelin. I pick something in between, at around $58 each, made by Fisk with a customer's rating of 8.0, 50,000 miles warranty, speed rating of S (113 mph). Speed Rating: http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/brochure/tire/tireSpeedrating.jsp I check the inventory for the stores near me and I pick the closest location that has these tires in stock ready to be installed. I go there and tell them I want 4 Fisk tires for $58 each and I ask them how much will it cost to install them including spin/balancing/valve stem/disposal fees/taxes etc. The guy is telling me he can't put those tires on my car. I ask him why? That's one of 22 choices that came up on their website when I entered my vehicle's year, make and model. Are they not the same size as the tires that's already on my car? He said they are the same size but my car manufacturer's recommend a speed rating of H or higher - it means $130 miles per hour or higher to the max of 160 miles per hour! So he wants me to get the higher priced tire with a speed rating of H and those are $98 each - and that 's the cheapest one that goes on my car with the H speed rating. Excuse me? My speedometer tops out at 160 mph. I never taken it past 130 mph and that was just one time a long time ago when I wanted to see how fast the car will go. I am sure it will go faster than 130 mph and closer to 160 mph but I never pushed it that fast. Most of the time, my average speed in the city is 35-40 mph on surface road and 50-60 mph on a good day on the freeway or the tollway driving around within the city limits. When I am traveling out of town on the open interstate and highway, the speed limit is here 65mph-75mph. Now that I have my children in my car, I never take it past 70mph. So the original tires I picked with the speed rating of S, 113 mph would be overkill already. So I went to another store, not Discount Tire, one in the Mexican side of town and got 4 brand new tires for $52 with 40,000 miles warranty and a speed rating of H, 130 mph - and those tires are on the list of recommended brand of tires for my car: they were not just P205/65R15. Funny how Discount Tire didn't have any H speed rating tires for under $60. I think Discount Tires is telling that BS so I will have to get the more expensive tires. They also nickel and dime you on top of the price of tires with spin and balancing and valve stem and disposal fees, which adds almost another $14 to the price of each tire. Lord forbid if you want to get their ripoff road hazard warranty too. That's another $16 per tire. So a $58 tire will end up costing $88 each drive out NOT INCLUDING TAX. There is nothing Discount about Discount Tire!
  3. We went to Petco on Saturday for Cats Adoption Day. They had cats and kittens of all ages, sizes and colors. Allessandra saw Patches and right away she said: "That's the one! That's the one! I am going to name her Patches!" Allessandra is very assertive and bossy - a bit like her Mother. LOL! p.s. It was my idea to get 2 kittens because I didn't want to break them up with them being sisters and 2 kittens for 5 kids is better than 1 kitten for 5 kids.
  4. I've been trying very hard to avoid reading anything about this movie so I will go into the movie theater on opening weekend unspoiled. I just came across these posters of Alice Eve as Dr. Carol Marcus. I didn't even knew Alice Eve was in here much less which part she was playing. Wasn't Dr. Carol Marcus Kirk's ex girlfriend in Star Trek The Wrath Of Khan? She was in charge of the Genesis Project and the Mother of Kirk's only son?
  5. They kept me up last night. I am not used to hearing noises in the house at night when everyone's sleeping.
  6. They are all very happy! I was trying to sleep but them kittens apparently are nocturnal creatures.
  7. Well, after almost 5 years of Allessandra and Aurora (and their Brothers and Sister) incessantly asking and asking and asking, Andrea and I'd finally gave in! We'd decided they are old enough to keep them so this was their 6th Birthday present!! Patches and Misty on the left (that's her sister Patches on the right) They are both 6 weeks old females. Allessandra named both of them. She was: "I am naming her Patches, and this one is Misty!!" (not that any of us adults, or her sisters and brothers, had any say in it)
  8. Heck! If they were planning to make the game more violent and bloodier all along when they decided to reboot the series, they should had at least used the right Lara!! The original Lara for Tomb Raider 1:
  9. I agree! I started playing it on the XBOX 360 on Monday last week. I was on vacation and I was all excited that I was able to have some free time to play the new Tomb Raider. Well, after only 4 days of playing, I've lost interest in it. The image is too dark even with the brightness turned up. There is too much violence and foul language. The weapon aiming control and camera work is clumsy and useless especially when she is attacked by the wolves. How can you aim when you can't see the wolves? I am still in the first 3 areas of the game right after Lara escapes from capture. I don't think I will go back and finish it. I am also playing Tomb Raider Underworld (when it was released, I got a copy but never got started on it) and that one I am still playing regularly and enjoying it. I am at the end of Thailand.
  10. Watching "The Last Stand". When did they get an Asian to impersonate Arnold?
  11. I've been playing the Madden NFL games on the XBox 360. The game flashes historical tidbits about the NFL and Football while the game is loading. Two of the ones that were posted by the Madden game I didn't know and I found quite interesting and amusing after looking them up on Wiki: This one was in 1982 and I was in High School but I didn't watch Football yet: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snowplow_Game This one was in 1968 and I was 3 years old and still in Italy and I never heard of NFL football until we came to the U.S.A. in 1977: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heidi_Game p.s. also... did you know Field Goals used to be 5 points?
  12. After getting the 2 Gemstone, Lara goes through the gate to a deep pit she is supposed to swing across with her grapple. If I have her at the end of the line, she doesn't swing far enough to reach the other side. If I have her further up her line, she swings far enough but when I press the jump button after picking up momentum and at the top of her swing forward, she doesn't get enough distance to land on the other side or grab the edge.
  13. I am stuck at the part after Lara and her party gets captured and they escape and she has to hide and dodge to get out of there. She kills a BG in the cut scene with the BG's gun and then she kills more BGs with her bow. She is back at a camp but the game is showing the 3 areas she has been so far are not even close to complete: Coastal Forest, Mountain Temple, Mountain Village. Yes, I had Lara go around and break boxes and pick up items to work on her salvage and XP points. She also has picked up extra ammo and arrows for the gun and bow. Furthermore, she was able to upgrade the clip on the gun but the other upgrades for her gun and bow and survival skills are still at below 5%. Lara can now FAST travel between those 3 areas and I have been through them many times by backtracking and searching every corner of them, not sure where to go next. I even got her to backtrack to the first camp where she killed a deer for meat. I'm also having problem killing the wolves with the bow. They are too close and out of the screen to effectively aim at them. I tried to get Lara to run away and put some distance between her and the wolves but then I can't see where they are to know where they are to put the bow reticle on them.
  14. I am playing Underground for the first time right now while at the same time I am also playing TR 2013. It's like Night and Day. I am stuck on TR 2013 while on Underground I am progressing smoothly. I agree with your comment about TR 2013: it is too violent and bloody and what's with Lara saying the S and F words?
  15. The title on the case and disc says Tomb Raider but that is not Lara Heshingly-Croft. I don't care it's an origin story but Crystal Dynamics or whatever they call themselves nowadays took everything that was Lara Croft and Tomb Raider and changed it. That's like someone rebooting the original Star Wars Trilogy and Vader is no longer Luke's Father and Anakin Skywalker wasn't the one who became Vader and so on...
  16. So I went through those levels without using a single medipack and constantly reloading the game because Lara's health defaults to all green when you reload - for nothing?
  17. I made it to Thailand and I have 2 questions! all the medipacks that I picked up in the previous levels that I didn't use are gone. Really? Also, why is Natla still alive?
  18. I'm at the part with the giant octopus. Lara went around and moved a few gears around and picked up treasures and medipack. I am at a part where she is supposed to jump from a platform to the top of a pillar. I saved the game right before the jump just in case I get her killed and sure enough, she dies. So I load the saved game again and it doesn't take me back to that spot. Instead it takes me to the entrance of the chamber with Lara looking down at the giant octopus. There is also a part there where Lara uses the Grapple Hook to climb up the side of the wall but then I can get her off the grapple hook line without killing her. There is a ledge behind her and I can't figure out how to get her to jump off the grapple hook the it.
  19. Currently watching Alfred Hitchcock's North By Northwest. Is it just my imagination or do women look different 54 years ago? Also, notice something in these screenshots?
  20. First Ebert, then Funicello, now Summerall! It's true what they say about Celebrities: they always die in 3s!! http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/16/us/sports-pat-summerall-obit/index.html
  21. I've been swimming around for an hour last night and an hour today and except for finding something (not sure what) in an alcove with 3 jellyfishes, I can't find anything else. I don't own a strategy guide and I refuse to use an online walk through. 16+ years of playing Tomb Raider games and I have never never ever ever used a strategy guide and an online walk through until I have finished each game twice. Well, at least Lara doesn't run out of air and she can swim forever!
  22. AAAARGHHH!! Lara just finish climbing the airplane wreckage. I must have killed her 40 times already! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!! 17 years of playing Tomb Raider and I have never even killed her that many times in a single game!! p.s. these XBOX 360 controls configurations are clumsy! Blue button for grab? Why not the Green button? You have to move your thumb up over to hit the Blue button! I may have to go to the store and steal a PS-3!!
  23. It didn't do it and of course, I don't have an Xbox live account
  24. I just started Tomb Raider 2013 and Tomb Raider Underworld on the XBOX 360. Will have to get used to the controls first. TR U feels like a TR game - at the beginning after the mansion explodes and Lara is looking for a way out. TR 2013 doesn't - at the beginning after Lara flees herself and right after some guy in the cave kills her twice because I wasn't fast enough with the left stick.
  25. Anyone here owns an XBOX 360 with wireless controller? I have a question about the wireless controller and the battery. I put the battery in the charger and there are 2 green lights on the side of the charger (because you can charge 2 batteries at one time). The lights come on as soon as I put the battery in and then they go off. Does this means the batteries are fully charged? Also when I put the battery into the controller, how do I turn the controller on? Does the XBOX 360 console have to come on first? My friend came over and loaded several games on the hard drive. When I tried to start one of the Call of Duty game, it wanted me to create a profile WHICH I DID (pick name, pick funny looking male or female avatar, etc). But then it's telling me I need to go online to start a new Call of Duty game. Do I need to buy a XBOX Live minutes card to go online even if I am not going to download any games or movies or do any updates? p.s. I would call my store but then I will come across as the Boss who doesn't know anything about the products he sells. LOL!


LARA CROFT ONLINE TOMB RAIDER HOME PAGE

© Lara Croft Online All rights reserved. "Serving Tomb Raider Fans Since 2001"

Lara Croft ® and Tomb Raider ™ are trademarks of © CDE Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.