Everything posted by jedicri
-
Disney buys out Lucasfilm, the Star Wars Franchise and George Lucas for $4 Billion!!
Okay, that was funny. Excellent post find!
-
Disney buys out Lucasfilm, the Star Wars Franchise and George Lucas for $4 Billion!!
It's well known that J.J. Abrams is a Star Wars fan. Anyone notice R2D2`s cameo in Star Trek? ``At in the movie, after the Enterprise warps into the Vulcan attack, and just after they scratch their ship on the remains of another ships hull, and as they are observing Nero's ship for the first time, R2-D2 flies across the left side of the screen, above Sulu's head.``I`ve checked it out myself on my Bluray copy and R2`s among the debris.
-
Disney buys out Lucasfilm, the Star Wars Franchise and George Lucas for $4 Billion!!
That's good news. I highly doubt that J.J. Abrams has ruined the Star Trek franchise. That last film was great and quite entertaining. I for one didn't mind the lens flare; I honestly do not understand why many are upset about this. I've just gone over some reactionary comments at comicbookmovies.com and all their arguments have amounted to is "he's a hack" and jokes and sarcasm regarding his use of lens flare. Not really substansive; I'd like to hear why they think he's a hack. BTW, I don't think he ruined the Mission: Impossible franchise; I loved his take on the third installment. He certainly revived the Star Trek franchise which had gone quite stale since imho, the last enjoyable Trek film, The Voyage Home. Looking forward to Star Trek Into Darkness on May 17th.
-
Dishonored
Yeah, I'm a sucker for happy endings. As much as I wanted to be inventive in dealing with adversaries, I felt that, ironically, it would make gameplay proportionately harder: more killings=more zombies=more rat infestations=more power usage=more loss of health=more use and loss of health and power elixirs.... As for the cellar scene, my first attempts to get down there was to put asleep the servants and guard but I kept messing up. Had to change strategy, but I know it could've been done in this manner.
-
Dishonored
Bend Time was my favourite and Blink comes a very close second. I recall having to use Bend Time to get to the cellar at the party level with the 3 sisters. That took a lot of timing. That was my favourite level actually because it was different from the others; you were kinda playing detective and that was fun and refreshing.
- Dishonored
-
Dishonored
I read that there is going to be a DLC sometime this year I think. I hope that gameplay is a long one. I agree with you that Dishonored is greatly underestimated. There were those that expected a run-and-gun fight FPS experience. While it's all and good, I think they're missing the finer points of the game that the developers intended the game to be truly played. The fact that there are multiple paths and ways to achieve said objectives offers the player to actually appreciate the scope of the game, imho. Having said that, I also appreciate the way we are given to take down targets/npcs in creative and imaginative ways based on the powers we choose to level up on. Gameplay however is reduced if we choose this path. Great game!
- Dishonored
-
Dishonored
No I haven't tried Borderlands 2 yet, or the first one for that matter. But it is on my want-to-play-list. The reviews thus far have been quite favourable. I just have to make up my mind on which platform to play Dishonored on --- PC or the PS3. Check out this Creative Kills trailer! http://media.mtvnser...16-92f0f9d62305
- Dishonored
-
Dishonored
I don't know how I missed this but this is one genre I love to play in. Dishonored is a game that’s difficult to put in a nicely defined genre cubicle. Officially it’s a “first person action game”, but it also has some RPG elements, a sniff of adventure, and also stealth appears to play a not to be underestimated role. As of October 12th you can check it out on PC, PS3 and X360. I highly recommend checking out the 2 videos below! More info here: http://www.fragland....iew-dishonored/
-
Everything about Movies and DVDs
I got a copy of Indiana Jones: The Complete Adventures in Blu ray format. Will be watching these in the next few days to come!
-
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
I hope they don't mess it up. On a related note: although it was not readily accepted, I did enjoy the movie adaptation of Hitman
-
Currently Playing...
Yes! Finally upgraded my PC so I'm finally able to play Max Payne 3 at the highest graphical settings. Of course I'm still playing Star Wars: The Old Republic.
-
Everything about Movies and DVDs
New The Bourne Legacy trailer!!! The narrative architect behind the Bourne film series, Tony Gilroy, takes the helm in the next chapter of the hugely popular espionage franchise that has earned almost $1 billion at the global box office: The Bourne Legacy. The writer/director expands the Bourne universe created by Robert Ludlum with an original story that introduces us to a new hero (Jeremy Renner) whose life-or-death stakes have been triggered by the events of the first three films. For The Bourne Legacy, Renner joins fellow series newcomers Rachel Weisz, Edward Norton, Stacy Keach and Oscar Isaac, while franchise veterans Albert Finney, Joan Allen, David Strathairn and Scott Glenn reprise their roles. <iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
-
Everything about Movies and DVDs
I understand why this movie has got the numbers --- it was very, very, enjoyable! I saw it last night and I wouldn't mind seeing this again. Contrast this with last year, I had no inkling to watch any movie the second time around: Captain America, X-Men: First Class, Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol among some of the hits of 2011.
-
Everything about Movies and DVDs
- Currently Playing...
I heard that there are some who were not very happy as to the way ME3 ends. I guess I`ll find out in due time.... Ya, I`m mainly using the N7 armor since you can tweak it unlike the past armors that can be bought; the former have only set attributes and cannot be changed which is a shame really.- Max Payne 3
For those who have played the first 2, this one's for you! For Max Payne, the tragedies that took his loved ones years ago are wounds that refuse to heal. No longer a cop, close to washed up and addicted to pain killers, Max takes a job in São Paulo, Brazil, protecting the family of wealthy real estate mogul Rodrigo Branco, in an effort to finally escape his troubled past. But as events spiral out of his control, Max Payne finds himself alone on the streets of an unfamiliar city, desperately searching for the truth and fighting for a way out. Featuring cutting edge shooting mechanics for precision gunplay, advanced new Bullet Time® and Shootdodge™ effects, full integration of Natural Motion’s Euphoria Character Behavior system for lifelike movement and a dark and twisted story, Max Payne 3 is a seamless, highly detailed, cinematic experience from Rockstar Games. In addition to an expansive single-player campaign, Max Payne 3 will also be the first entry in the series to introduce a thorough and engrossing multiplayer experience. In a unique twist, Max Payne 3 multiplayer delivers a compelling experience that dynamically alters maps and mode progression for all players in a match. Along with traditional multiplayer modes, Max Payne 3 will also include a deep reward and leveling system, persistent clans and multiple strategic load-out options. Developed across Rockstar Games Studios Worldwide, Max Payne 3 standard and Special Editions (Special Edition is available for pre-order until April 2nd, 2012 and includes a 10" tall collectible Max Payne statue along with much more premium content) will be available for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation3 on May 15, 2012 in North America and May 18, 2012 in Europe, with the PC version launching on May 29th, 2012 in North America and June 1st, 2012 in Europe. http://www.rockstarg....com/maxpayne3/- Currently Playing...
I'm playing this too. While not a perfect save (I lost 5 crew playing on the 360 version), I find it interesting how some of these deceased members are mentioned in conversations between Shepard and the surviving members of his team. I also started playing ME3 on the pc and imported my perfect save; however, because my rig needs an upgrade, mainly a new CPU, the camera movements, when moving the mouse, is very jerky and is quite annoying especially when I'm in the middle of gun fights ---- very frustrating! So I've contented myself for the time being on playing the 360 version which is cool anyway since I get to see it in 1080p 42' HDTV glory plus the fact that I've also played 1 and 2 on the 360 as well. I also like the fact that you can purchase past armours used in 1 and 2: Terminus, Collector, Cerberus, Dragon Age- Everything about Movies and DVDs
Teaser Trailer for The Bourne Legacy! Looks very promising. We have some returning actors Scott Glenn, David Strathairn and Joan Allen and newcomers to the franchise Rachel Weisz, Edward Norton and Stacy Keach. US release August 3, 2012 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVPpc4pk6RE&feature=player_embedded- Currently Playing...
Lol! With Star Wars: The Old Republic (SWTOR) having at least 8 different storylines with 150+ hours for each, this will take me well into the summer months and probably well into autumn as well, if not further because of work and responsibilities. Skyrim is an interesting game but I unfortunately stopped playing in favour of SWTOR. It's too bad really because I might also delay playing the final installment of Mass Effect 3 come March 6/12.- Star Wars: The Old Republic
Lol! Yes BP, started playing from day 1 and this game has got me hooked. Just got off playing for the night --- I still have to work later today so I need to sleep. There is sooo much to do I sometimes feel overwhelmed. I'm playing on the PvE servers so I can play this game solo but there are quests where a group of 2 or 4 are needed to accomplish it. It's quite fun playing with total strangers trying to accomplish a common goal. It's worth it since the experience points gained are massive.- Star Wars: The Old Republic
Finally, an in-depth review of the game from Gamesradar: http://www.gamesradar.com/star-wars-old-republic-review/?page=1- Currently Playing...
My social life as I know it, (save with my girlfriend of course), is over. Currently playing Star Wars: The Old Republic - Currently Playing...
LARA CROFT ONLINE TOMB RAIDER HOME PAGE
© Lara Croft Online All rights reserved. "Serving Tomb Raider Fans Since 2001"
Lara Croft ® and Tomb Raider ™ are trademarks of © CDE Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.