Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

jedicri

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by jedicri

  1. One of many games I'm looking forward to. Based on what I've seen and read, this looks to be a winner (unlike the dumbed-down-for-console sequel to Deus EX, Deus Ex: Invisible War which I started but never finished). I hope, like the first game, there will be 4 to 5 multiple different endings depending on the choices you've made during the game. Lots of info may be found here: http://www.gametrailers.com/game/deus-ex-human-revolution/5780 Like the first game, Deus EX, you choose how you want to play based on how you augment your skills and weaponry. There are multiple points of entry/ways to accomplish the same task. More info here: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/115/1151786p1.html SUMMARY To save his life, the fundamental choice of whether or not to become augmented with cybernetics has been removed from Adam Jensen's life. Driven by the conviction of never having a choice taken from him again and using his newfound power, his need for answers will unravel the truth behind a conspiracy rooted in the foundation of the world around him as it incites a new revolution. Deus Ex: Human Revolution follows up on the critically acclaimed Deus EX and Deus Ex: Invisible War as the the third game in the strategic sci-fi action series. When a black ops team breaks in and kills the scientists Adam were hired to protect as a guard of one of America's most experimental biotechnology firms, everything you thought you knew about your job changes. At a time when scientific advancements are routinely turning athletes, soldiers and spies into super-enhanced beings, someone is working very hard to ensure mankind's evolution follows a particular path. You need to discover why -- because the decisions you take and the choices you make will be the only things that can determine mankind's future. More info as well: http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/142/14220588.html Release Date: TBA (sometime in 2011)
  2. Yup, played this a while back too. It was an insanely fun and topsy-turvy game to play. Looking forward to playing this myself.
  3. Check out this interesting article. Although it has nothing to do with the actual upcoming game itself, it treats on what they would want to see develop in future upcoming games. Enjoy! http://www.gamesradar.com/f/uncharted-3-drakes-deception-what-we-want-to-see/a-20110214143659162021 I particularly like that last bit on the 3rd page! Couldn't agree more
  4. FYI Not much in the way of details atm but there will be one final DLC coming soon before Mass Effect 3.
  5. More info here: http://www.1up.com/news/uncharted-3-drake-deception-revealed According to the link above, the game will be released next year. Oh what the heck, I'll just copy and paste what's in that link... Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Revealed, Coming 2011 Sequel has Nathan searching for a lost city in the Rub' al Khali Desert. UPDATE: Amazon's product listing for Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception provides a couple of shots (which we're assuming are either concept art or from a CG cutscene, because if these are in-game, that's insane) as well as the game's box art. There are also a couple of noteworthy bullet-points in the listing, including the promise of a "new breed of Action Adventure Multiplayer that brings the exciting cinematic elements of the single-player campaign, into the multiplayer," and confirmation that Uncharted 3 will support stereoscopic 3D. The box art and additional shot are below. ORIGINAL STORY: If Sony's upcoming PlayStation 3 exclusive reveal was indeed for Uncharted 3, it looks like they allowed Entertainment Weekly to jump the gun a little. EW has the big reveal for Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, and yes, it'll primarily be taking place in a desert. That would be the Rub' al Khali desert on the Arabian Peninsula, which Nathan Drake will explore in search of a lost city known as "Iram of the Pillars." Naughty Dog says the word "deception" is in the title for a reason, as it'll be a major theme of the game, evidently even including some kind of deception about Drake's identity. The story will also focus on Drake's mother and father (hmm...kind of like how the upcoming film adaptation will focus on Drake's family?), as well as Victor "Sully" Sullivan. As for the desert setting, creative director Amy Henning said it was chosen because of the development challenge it posed. "When we first came up with the idea of sand, you see everyone's eyes light up here and go, 'Yeah, that's going to be really hard -- let's do it!'" she said to EW. As for gameplay, EW's report mentions "enhanced backward climbing" and "the ability to fight multiple baddies at once," but doesn't give a lot of details of how these mechanics work. And lastly, Naughty Dog is putting a lot more time and energy into expanding the multiplayer in Uncharted 3, with co-president Evan Wells saying they "want to take on the big boys of the multi-player genre." EW also confirms the first real trailer for Uncharted 3 will be revealed during the Spike TV VGAs, so watch out for that when the awards air this Saturday. No specific release date was given, but Uncharted 3 will launch sometime next year, as Wells says 2011 is the beginning of their push to make Uncharted a "transmedia" entertainment brand -- the first Nathan Drake novel will release in the fall of next year, as well.
  6. Yippeekayay!!!!!
  7. I second that re: Uwe Boll! Yeah, I agree with you Morph. Leave it as it should be and keep the main characters. Perhaps if a sequel were to follow but I'm putting the cart before the horse. Firefly & Castle is an entertaining TV series btw.
  8. jedicri replied to Purple's topic in Off Topic
    It's been just over a year, but what the heck I love this song from Disney's latest film Tangled; loved the movie too!
  9. Yeah, I was hoping it would be Nathan Fillion as well. Oh well.....
  10. Disney's Tangled was such a beautiful movie; a very moving film particularly when the two main characters sing I See The Light which has now become one of my most favourite songs from a Disney animated feature. I didn't think this song could top Aladdin's A Whole New World, but man, I couldn't get this song out of my head as I left the theatre. I love this song sooo much that I would like to share it with you!!! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!....with lyrics to boot!
  11. UPDATE..... a year and a day after the last post by Morph.... Mark Wahlberg to star in film adaptation and is to be directed by David O. Russell (who had peviously worked with the former on Three Kings, I Heart Huckabees, and the upcoming The Fighter). http://www.thescreeningroom.ca/2010/11/mark-wahlberg-to-star-in-movie-based-on-video-game.html
  12. Can't believe I've overlooked this action/rpg game given the fact that I've been keeping tabs on this the last few years, albeit not too recently, oh well.... Some Fable fan I am.... Anyway, Release Date: Oct. 26, 2010 on the X360 and PC There is a wealth of information on this game as well as videos on the first page of this forum: http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?t=649474
  13. DEMO for the game is now available for the 360 and PS3. I've just finished it and it plays quite well. It's a very polished demo, albeit a short one, but that's to be expected, the latter point that is. Dismemberment and decapitations are now part of the gameplay. Wielding 2 sabers is very fun as is using the Jedi Mind Trick (as in telling the Troopers to jump off a bridge).
  14. Release Date: OCT 26, 2010 Just for you Star Wars fans here. Check out Gametrailers TV's exclusive look at this upcoming game, in HD no less. :> http://www.gametrailers.com/episode/gametrailers-tv/104&ch=1&sd=0?ep=104&ch=1&sd=0
  15. Just finished re-playing Uncharted 2. Man, I've forgotten how epic and enjoyable are the numerous set-action pieces. With its cinematic exposition, this game does not let up from start to finish.
  16. Got this from GameFAQs: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/960495-lego-harry-potter-years-1-4/55410409
  17. Starcraft 2: Wings of Liberty .... and finally got Bioshock 2 (several months later....)
  18. Yeah, this world's huge and beautiful to look at. I'm really taking my time playing this since there're sooo much things you can do other than play the main storyline. I've done a couple of bounties; the first one escaped me however but got the other one --- had to kill him though but would've been better if taken alive for a bigger reward. Accomplished my first treasure hunt --- very interesting trying to decipher those treasure maps!!! I happen to experience some mishaps too lol. I came upon this fellow out in the wilderness who was shooting birds and he challenged me if I can do better. Sure enough, I unholster my rifle but inadvertently point it at the guy who immediately takes offense and proceeds to gun me down!!! WTH?!! Another instance finds me in the bank but I somehow entered where the tellers are positioned and next thing I know, I'm mistaken for attempting to rob the bank and a bounty is immediately place upon my head!! lol I didn't like how this turn of events came to be so I reloaded a previous save since I didn't want my "fame" and "honour" status, that I've achieved so far, to go untarnished. I'm going the good guy route --- doing otherwise goes against my better judgement. I felt bad I was unable to save some guy's friend who was being wrongfully hanged; I wasn't fast enough in killing the lynch mob and shooting the rope. As far as I'm concerned, this is waay better than GTA IV. The voiceovers are well down and the conversations that take place unroll naturally in any said situation. BTW, what does the limited edition consist of? Interesting that you should mention the new Prince of Persia game; I was debating on whether or not to get it. I probably will since I played the Ubisoft trilogy.
  19. Trailer was interesting but I don't think I'll get this game. I'm not a fan of isometric angle games. But who knows, I may change my mind.
  20. Morph, you get this yet? Anybody? Just got it today but atm, my mom's watching tv so no play time for me. Oh well.
  21. Red Dead Redemption Giddey up!!! Great fun so far. I enjoy the sand box set-up moreso here than in GTA IV
  22. Been keeping an eye on this for the longest time. It's been getting very good reviews thus far. GN video review: http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14320288/red-dead-redemption/videos/reddea... Gametrailers review: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-hd-red-dead/100286 1up: http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3179335 Games Radar: http://www.gamesradar.com/xbox360/red-dead-redemption/review/red-dead-redemption-super-review/a-2010051712291938214112/g-20090204142932437070 I was tempted to get it today but I had other pressing matters to attend to. I'm looking forward to it to be sure. It'll be the PS3 version for me.
  23. Splinter Cell: Conviction Unfortunately very short single campaign as I've finished it in less than 10 hours but it was quite fun and entertaining nevertheless. The "mark and execute" is so much fun to do since this involves perfect timing particularly where there are 5 enemies to take out. In order to activate "mark and execute" you have to carefully select and single out one of the enemies to perform a melee attack on and afterwards select the other four to eliminate instantly; there is always the possibility of the marks moving out of range so you have to act quickly and decisively. I've moved on to the Co-op mode with my brother which is a blast.
  24. Dissecting The Splinter Cell: Conviction demo courtesy of Joystiq --- enjoy! http://www.joystiq.com/2010/03/19/dissecti...onviction-demo/
  25. Anyone picking this one up April 13? I was planning on getting the PC version but Ubisoft's draconian DRM has left me with little choice but to get the 360 version instead. As much as I'd like to boycott Ubisoft, I simply have to play this game. (BTW, this same DRM is also being utilized for Assassin's Creed 2 and Silent Hunter 5.) This version of DRM necessitates the player to be connected online to Ubisoft's servers at all times. The sad thing about this whole DRM scheme is that SP: C will be pirated regardless. Legitimate buyers are once again alienated and (insert word here) while these pirates get to play it offline. Anyway, here's a link for my fellow 1st and 3rd person (stealth) shooters here: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/preview-...nter-cell/63329 For those who have a 360, a demo is already available; I for one will simply wait for its release come April 13.


LARA CROFT ONLINE TOMB RAIDER HOME PAGE

© Lara Croft Online All rights reserved. "Serving Tomb Raider Fans Since 2001"

Lara Croft ® and Tomb Raider ™ are trademarks of © CDE Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.