Everything posted by Shrensh
-
Online-Coop ?
Unfortunately there's no news on when the online co-op will be ready We'll just have to wait some more...
-
Game uninstalled from steam
I like having games on disks too, but I was pretty grateful to have it on Steam because the DVD drive in my computer broke about three weeks ago, and the new one only arrived yesterday. So I'd have been staring at a useless disk and getting increasingly bad tempered if I hadn't been able to play without a disk
-
Aaaarghhhh.. Last level serious bug - "death loop"
Excellent Yeah, I hope they fix it too. It's fairly annoying if you know how to get around it, but painfully frustrating if you don't. I don't know what console players can do if they get the bug besides restart the level, or hope that mashing jump and roll enough will stop Lara from dying.
-
Game uninstalled from steam
That's good to hear! There's not much more frustrating than losing all one's progress in a game
-
Aaaarghhhh.. Last level serious bug - "death loop"
This happened to me too. Strangely enough, running Fraps and setting it to record a video while the game's reloading stops Lara from dying, at least for me (pressing the record hotkey just as Lara's dying, so it's recording as it's reloading). I know this because I tried many times to get video of Lara continuously dying on reload to upload to YouTube because I thought it was funny, but it didn't work EDIT: After some experimenting, pressing roll or jump while the game is reloading will sometimes stop Lara from dying, but not always. Minimising the game while it's reloading with alt+tab or the Windows key, then maximising it again, seems stop Lara from dying every time, and it's a much simpler solution than having to run Fraps all the time.
-
Game uninstalled from steam
Have you played since the official release date? I signed up for the Gamespot thing where you could play before the official release date, like you did, and on the day of the official release the game completely re-downloaded. All my progress was still there after it finished downloading the updated version, so you should be fine.
-
Reassurance needed!
The game's action-adventure, not strategy/RPG, with lots of puzzle-solving, plus optional challenges which give rewards if you choose to go after them. The new layout with the isomorphic camera doesn't bug me, although I found lining up jumps to be awkward until I got used to it and I found that I'd often send Lara leaping over cliffs by mistake. I thoroughly enjoyed it and thought it was well worth the price, so I'd recommend it if you have the hard drive space for it (the PC download was about 2GB, if I remember correctly).
-
Guardian of Light Group Play
I've just finished the game I'm going to have to redo a few levels because I missed a few points challenges and some red skulls along the way. I might also try for some time trials too, although I don't enjoy doing speed runs all that much. I did manage to beat the Temple of Light time challenge by 7 seconds though...
-
Happy Birthday Sir Tom of LCO!!
Happy happy birthday Tom! Hope you had a great day
-
Guardian of Light Group Play
When I'm resizing screenshots for uploading to the forum, I use Irfanview: http://www.irfanview.com It's a free easy-to-use image editor. Just use it to open your picture, go to Image, Rezise/Resample... and choose Set new size as a percentage of the original. Then you can choose to make it 50% smaller, or 75% smaller, or whatever you like, until it's small enough to upload. When you're saving a .jpg picture file, you can choose to reduce the quality to give it a smaller file size as well. I've managed to get the score challenge for the Spider Tomb, finally. It isn't recorded in my best score for the level though, because when I got to the end of the level I found that I had about 5,000 points too little to win the challenge, so I had to go and backtrack to find the jewels I'd missed. Then after I'd found them, I couldn't get back to the end of the level, so I couldn't finish it and my score wasn't recorded The challenge is still recorded in my achievements though. While I was getting the score challenge for the Forgotten Gate earlier, I seem to have encountered a bug. If I quit and reloaded during the big fight that happens in the main room with all the pressure pads, the game wouldn't recognise when the fight ended. Once I'd killed all the enemies, the exits would stay closed and the fight music would continue. This happened during two separate play-throughs of the level, and I had to restart the whole level both times. Anyone else encounter this?
-
Guardian of Light Group Play
Thanks for the tip about reloading after dying! I hadn't tried it because I had assumed it would save again after the reload. I managed to get the Toxic Swamp score challenge on my first go From what I've seen, it doesn't make a difference what weapon you're using, only how full your relic meter is. I haven't managed to get the Spider Tomb score challenge yet, but now that I have a couple of new weapons, I think I'll give it another go.
-
Guardian of Light Group Play
Ok, yeah, thanks. I saw that I sometimes got a different score for the same enemies and wondered what was causing that. Didn't think of the power meter Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. I'd be interested in comparing scores and times, and a thread dedicated to that would be more useful than trying to do it in this one. Yeah, it's a lot easier with the powerful weapons. I've gotten all the score challenges now except for the Spider Tomb, which I'm having difficulty with for some reason. I'm going to go back and see if I can get it with the new weapons I've gotten on the later couple of levels. You can upload them as attachments to your post. Here's a short guide I wrote for someone in the Tomb Raider 2 group play thread: There is a limit on uploads, so you may have to resize if you're pictures are big and you're going to be uploading a lot of them. Use 1, 2, 3 and 4 on the keyboard to switch weapons. The spear is 1 and the pistols are 4 by default. Once you acquire more weapons, you can choose which ones you'd like to assign to which hotkey using the inventory screen. Yeah, I noticed that I was sometimes getting a different score for the same enemy. I'm going to be trying for the Spider Tomb score challenge this evening, so I'll have a closer look at the scoring then
-
Guardian of Light Group Play
Thanks! I think that if I get into a massive fight, I should avoid killing the big guys first, because if they explode and kill all the little guys I won't score for the little guy deaths... and avoid dying myself Do you get a different score for a kill depending on what weapons you're using?
-
Happy Birthday Gia!
Happy birthday Gia! Hope you have a wonderful day
-
Guardian of Light Group Play
Look at the awesome score I had after completing the spike field challenge in the Spider Tomb: Yeah, I suck... Speaking of score, do any of you Xbox players who've been playing for a while have any tips for maximising one's score? I'd like to get a few more of the score challenges.
-
Guardian of Light Group Play
Went back and did the first level again, and managed to find the skull I missed. I haven't gotten the fire trap challenge yet, but will try that again when I'm not so awkward on the controls. I've finished the Temple Grounds and the Spider Tomb. I got 300,000 points for Temple Grounds, but only just. When I got to the end of the level I had to go hunting around in the bushes for some extra jewels to bring my score over 300,000 I somehow missed four red skulls in that level though, so I'll be going back and re-doing it to see if I can find the ones I missed. I got all the skulls in the Spider Tomb, and I got that 12 jumps challenge, but it cost me about half my points trying to get it, so I have to re-do that one too to see if I can get the score challenge I should warn you that I am completely rubbish and I keep making Lara jump in completely the wrong direction, usually off cliffs
-
Guardian of Light Group Play
Just got through the Temple of Light level. Very fun game to play, though I could do without it randomly crashing on me and whining that my hardware isn't good enough (my hardware more than meets the requirements so there must be a driver issue somewhere. I'll probably go see if I can find a driver update if it persists). Didn't get much in the way of achievements. I missed one of the skulls somewhere along the way, so I'll probably go back and see if I can find it anywhere, and see if I can get that fire trap one while I'm at it too. I don't have anyone to co-op with, so I'll just have to wait until the online co-op gets activated to try that out.
-
Guardian of Light Group Play
Excellent, I'm in! I've just put in a pre-order for Guardian of Light on Steam (FYI, for anyone who doesn't know, if you order Guardian of Light before 28 September you get a free copy of Legend to go with it. All for only £9.99!). For anyone who's worried about putting spoilers in their posts, you can use spoiler tags. They look like this: [spoiler]Your spoilery text here![/spoiler] And your text will come out looking like this: Then people just click the button if they want to see, or don't if they do not. Simples
-
Look what they say about Lara on this page...
I wouldn't call Lara a poacher, since the purpose of her adventures isn't specifically go to out hunting rare and endangered creatures; the creatures just get in the way of her stealing rare and priceless artefacts. She is rather a vicious murderer though, what with wiping out all the military policemen at Area 51 in Tomb Raider 3, not to mention various London security guards in the same game.
-
The Guardian of Light Single Player Footage
Thanks! The game is looking pretty good. I'm going to have to wait for the PC release to play it, but I'm definitely going to be getting it.
-
Tomb Raider 2 Group Play
Done with the Dragon's Lair and Home Sweet Home! Wow, I really enjoyed this group play. I forgot how much I love playing the old TR games. If we have a TR3 group play, I'm totally there. Dragon's Lair stats: Oh joy, these guys again... Oh boy, these guys too... Oooh, a corpse! What's this in aid of then? Aaaahhh, dragon! Diediedie! Finally! after about a zillion tries, Lara finally pulls out the stupid dagger. Lara's got a new toy to kill people with. Oh goodie, playtime... Most secret cults drive about in black vans with their symbol emblazoned on the side, especially when they're off to rob and murder people. My final statistics! Missed 13 secrets. Ho hum.
-
Tomb Raider 2 Group Play
Awesome phone cover, rosinna, I wish it were real too Done with the Floating Islands now! Didn't find any secrets. How sad. My stats: You know what I'm going to do here... Geronimo! Ha ha ha ha ha... Two of these guys at once. Not fair. Definitely not fair! Ok, well why doesn't EVERYONE just kill me, since it seems to be the thing to do. Hmm, lava AND spikes. That must break health and safety rules. Interesting, when you jump into it, you get impaled... ...and when you run into it you get set alight. What a fun experiment! And finally, Lara gets stabbed by one of those annoyed petrified guards.
-
Guardian of Light release dates
Yesterday Crystal Dynamics announced that Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light will debut for PC and PlayStation 3 on September 28, and that the Xbox 360 version, slated for release August 18, will receive a patch enabling online co-op mode the same day the PC and PS3 games launch. Source: http://stellalune.blogspot.com/2010/08/guardian-of-light-release-dates-updated.html
-
Uninstalling Divx Plus
Try killing all its processes in Task Manager, then run divxsetup.exe and see if it gives you an uninstall option.
-
Tomb Raider 2 Group Play
Done with the Temple of Xian! This was quite a long level; I thought it might never end. I missed one secret. I know exactly where it is, but I forgot about it when I went past the area. My stats: Wheeee! Wheeee! Whoops, I misjudged that slightly. Go away you stupid horrible stinky yellow fish! Why do you always want to chew on me?! Ha ha ha ha ha!!! Pouncing tiger... Oh good, swinging spiky bags. My favourite. Well look at this. Two switches to choose from. I suppose if I press them in the wrong order, I'll be sent plunging to my death in a few seconds. Yep, I was right... Wheee! Oh crumbs, that water was a lot shallower than it looked... Go away you stupid stinky yellow fish! Stop chewing on me when I'm trying to pull a switch! Ha ha ha ha ha! Oh good, a creepy cave full of spider webs... AAAAAAHHHHHHHH GIANT SPIDERS!!! KILLTHEMKILLTHEMKILLTHEM!!! Another giant room to climb to the top of... Doesn't this level ever end... My, what big teeth you have.
LARA CROFT ONLINE TOMB RAIDER HOME PAGE
© Lara Croft Online All rights reserved. "Serving Tomb Raider Fans Since 2001"
Lara Croft ® and Tomb Raider ™ are trademarks of © CDE Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.