Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Holidays and such...

Featured Replies

  • Author

Have a good time in Cyprus TR252 - I've heard it's really hot there at the moment.

LOL @ Fusion - whenever we talk to anyone going that way about the journey, we all say at least once "I'll be happy once we get past Bristol" :lol: Have a good time in Combe Martin.

  • Replies 168
  • Views 52.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You too and everyone else going away

I will be going on holiday (be gone for 2 weeks tomorrow)... later all :D

TRF ;)

Nooo, I'm going to miss you xD lol! have lots of fun. :wub:

5 hours-ish till I leave :woho:

Hello everybody :woho: Got back from Cyprus this afternoon... Had a great time apart from going there XD

Plane broke down when we were about to taxi :P Delayed for 5 and a half hours... otherwise had an awesome time :D

Welcome back 252!! Glad you had a good time. Sorry to hear about your flight delay. It stinks being grounded for hours!

Was Cyprus beautiful? I've always wanted to visit there.

  • Author

Glad you had a good time 252.

I enjoyed my hols - we had fantastic weather the first week but last week it was a bit hit and miss - dull or sunshine and showers. We still visited wherever we wanted to go and as it had often cleared up by mid afternoon (and we were only a walk through the dunes away from the beach) my son still got some surfing in.

Now it's back to reality - loads of washing and work on Monday. :lol:

Wow, AngelR, you're coming to my place! Well, not really, I live in Taunton, which is in Somerset, and I go to Woolacombe every Sunday (If the weather permits it), which is on the other end of the beach from Croyde. Have a lovely time!

Glad you had a great time 252! I had a similar situation when someone on board fell ill and halfway through the flight we had to turn back and then I had to re-do my journey :wacko:

Still, glad you had a great time!

MsC

  • Author
Wow, AngelR, you're coming to my place! Well, not really, I live in Taunton, which is in Somerset, and I go to Woolacombe every Sunday (If the weather permits it), which is on the other end of the beach from Croyde. Have a lovely time!

We visited Taunton on the way down a fortnight ago - it seems a really nice place. ^_^

We went to Woolacombe last Wednesday - It was the worst morning of the hols - really heavy rain, my son enjoyed the cornish pasty he had but we didn't stay long. :(

Ha Ha i just came back like yesterday and we went to Woolacombe twice. The beach is amazing isnt it (compared to Ilfracombe and anywhere else) The only thing is £5 for parking and its so long to walk lol. BTW you were so brave to brace Wednesday. My gosh small world I guess. I bet you got a pasty from the shop all the way over the back by the massive hotel and around the corner from the arcade lol. Probally passed you one of the days as well. The weather wasnt too good was it lol still I loved the 1:4 hills not so much the smell of burning rubber from the brake pads lol :S

Welcome back, AngelR! Glad you got to have some good weather while you were gone. Lol @ the laundry...I hear you!!

We'll be leaving for our vacation to Florida tomorrow (Friday). We'll be back the first week in September. Wish us luck, as we're driving down (as usual) and we might encounter a hurricane towards the end of our trip. One year the hurricane was so bad we were almost stuck there, which'd be fine with us, but not our jobs, lol. Hope everyone has a good rest of the summer. If I get a chance to check my email from a wireless connection, I may be able to stop in once or twice while we're gone, but it's not too likely.

Well we maybe going to Miami for the week of Christmas;

the girls should be able to air travel by then (they will be 8 months old) and it also depends if I can get my friend's private twin-engine Lear Jet so we don't have to fight the crowds at the airport, put up with security measures and searches...

or put up with stupid Airline Rules about having babies on their airliners (can you believe they want to charge us for 2 tickets so we can have 2 seats to put the babies in their baby carriers on?)

:rolleyes:

With a private jet, you just go to the side of the airport where the Private Jet companies has their terminal, park your car, walk in, tell them who you are and they wave you thru to the tarmac with the private jet parked right at the exit of the terminal building!!

No security check, no luggage check, no restrictions on size of items in your luggage, nothing!!

The trip is only 2 hours compared to almost 4 on an Commercial Airliner!!

^_^

Edited by j7wild

You should be fine on a commercial. On our flight back from Cyprus there was a baby who was very young and he seemed fine. Apart from giving me a headache... XD

Well, I'm back from Florida. I checked in a couple of times on a wireless connection, but it was so slow, I just got to read a bit, not post much. We had beautiful weather -- no hurricanes! I especially enjoyed seeing manatees up close in the Springs, not behind glass, and seeing an otter in the wild. I did lots of shopping, too. :P

Welcome back, AJ!!

...1:4 hills not so much the smell of burning rubber from the brake pads

Brake pads aren't made of rubber, Fusion, lol. :woho:

I'm going back to North Devon next summer....Great place! The only thing I don't like about the beaches there, is the amount of jelly fish! :angry::wacko:

Welcome back AJ, glad you had a good time - hope you didn't spend all of your money and if you did, that some of it was on you :lol:

Thanks, AngelR! I did spend most of my money, but I managed to pick up a couple of things for myself. Mostly clothes, but also a cute stuffed manatee. I know I'm a bit old, lol, but I couldn't resist the typical tourist souvenir.

Welcome back, AJ!!

Brake pads aren't made of rubber, Fusion, lol. :woho:

I'm going back to North Devon next summer....Great place! The only thing I don't like about the beaches there, is the amount of jelly fish! :angry::wacko:

Thanks, Cliffy!

Beaches are beautiful to look at, but the jellyfish freak me out. We have months here on the Atlantic coast where the jellyfish can get pretty intense. I prefer springs or lakes. We do go to the beach once in awhile, but I mostly just look for shells. Besides, the jellyfish were there first, so I'll let 'em have it to themselves. :P

Thanks, AngelR! I did spend most of my money, but I managed to pick up a couple of things for myself. Mostly clothes, but also a cute stuffed manatee. I know I'm a bit old, lol, but I couldn't resist the typical tourist souvenir.

Thanks, Cliffy!

Beaches are beautiful to look at, but the jellyfish freak me out. We have months here on the Atlantic coast where the jellyfish can get pretty intense. I prefer springs or lakes. We do go to the beach once in awhile, but I mostly just look for shells. Besides, the jellyfish were there first, so I'll let 'em have it to themselves. :P

You should try Portugal instead... jellyfish are rare... ;) lol Only if the water is really hot and that happens only a couple of times a year..

Welcome back everyone!

BPanther

Welcome back, AJ!!

Brake pads aren't made of rubber, Fusion, lol. :woho:

I'm going back to North Devon next summer....Great place! The only thing I don't like about the beaches there, is the amount of jelly fish! :angry::wacko:

ssshhh!!! :lol: you know what I mean... have fun anyway... and i know what you mean about the jellyfish eew (also there is a lot if fecal-coliform on the beaches as well and in the sea) ^_^ (it's good for ya) :P:o:blink:

Beaches are beautiful to look at, but the jellyfish freak me out.

take a bottle of vinegar (any kind, red, white, etc) and if you get a jelly fish on you, pour some vinegar on it and it will die within seconds;

the vinegar also neutralizes the poison

:lol:

Welcome Back everyone *hugs* :P Ye, Jellyfish are dangerous, but I like the colors of some of them, they look beautiful B)

>Motoko<

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...


LARA CROFT ONLINE TOMB RAIDER HOME PAGE

© Lara Croft Online All rights reserved. "Serving Tomb Raider Fans Since 2001"

Lara Croft ® and Tomb Raider ™ are trademarks of © CDE Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.