Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The TR3 In Game Thread

Featured Replies

Thanks for the welcome everybody^^. I just realized, if I get TR3 for PS it's going to be hard for me to get all the secrets and such because...TR3 is really hard without unlimited saves. Maybe I should look into getting the PC version, I don't like using a keyboard to play TR but that's probably the only way I'll ever get to see All Hallows.

  • Replies 239
  • Views 53.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the welcome everybody^^. I just realized, if I get TR3 for PS it's going to be hard for me to get all the secrets and such because...TR3 is really hard without unlimited saves. Maybe I should look into getting the PC version, I don't like using a keyboard to play TR but that's probably the only way I'll ever get to see All Hallows.

All Secrets PS1 code:

Quickly press L2 (five times), R2, L2 (three times), R2, L2, R2, L2 (twice), R2, L2 (twice), R2, L2 (twice) during game play. You'll hear Lara sigh if you've entered the cheat correctly. Enter it on every level.

Have fun. :)

I havent played TR3 is a while.. hope you don't mind me joining you guys for a trip back into the past ^_^

Thanks guys and gals, it's loaded up ^_^ Tho i had a crash when i tried to change the resolution, no idea why so i've left it set at 640.. :blink:

Zipping thro the jungle now tho, and isn't that jungle theme fabulous? ^_^

TR3-Jungle.jpg

I guess I'll jump in here....I'm playing the game on my PS2 and working my way through Nevada. Currently on the Nevada Desert level.

Thanks guys and gals, it's loaded up ^_^ Tho i had a crash when i tried to change the resolution, no idea why so i've left it set at 640.. :blink:

Zipping thro the jungle now tho, and isn't that jungle theme fabulous? ^_^

TR3-Jungle.jpg

Nice pic. That is definitaly a keeper

I finished the Nevada Desert level and now its onto the High Security Compound.

this may not go here, but when we are done with three, who wants to play all the games in order, from the original TR to Legend?

*hangs head in shame*

lol! still haven't started the second level guys - I just haven't had the time (and, if i'm honest , the inclanation to play TR3)

I will get to it, but prob by the time I do, the anniversary edition will be out and, well, I love TR1 - i'll be chomping at the bit!

Just finished Aldwych :D

My stats:

aldwychstats.jpg

and I'm on 275 saves. I missed a secret somewhere along the line but I can't for the life of me remember where it was :(

I encountered a strange graphics bug in which a floor tile stretched off into the corner:

weird_floor_tile.jpg

and caused the place where it was supposed to be to go all strange and Thames-Wharf-bug-like:

weird_floor_tile_2.jpg

Oh dear, this is going to cause delays :(

train_death.jpg

  • Author

Nice one shresh!!

Much as I hate that level.. the screen shots look cool! They really did a good job with some of the locations down there!

It's class when she gets hit by the train :lol: always makes me jump

Yaaay, finally got my TR3 disc! I'm going to start the India hub tonight. I'm probably going to miss most of the secrets though, I don't want to follow a walkthrough and I'm not going to find them all on my own.

Slightly off-topic, but i got TR2 and TRLR on the same day, and started TR2 just for fun. I forgot how psycho "The Great Wall" is-- "Walking around the opening level, la-la-la peacefulness, wow the graphics have improved since the first game...OMG GAUNTLET OF DEATH!!!!!!!!!"

Sorry, guys, I kinda lost my interest part way into The River Ganges. I haven't had much spare time, and like lm I'm not that into TR3. It drives me totally crazy for some reason! Plus, I had no idea I wouldn't be able to have 50 million saves on the PS. Maybe I'll get back to it soon -- I'd like to finish it someday.

  • Author
Yaaay, finally got my TR3 disc! I'm going to start the India hub tonight. I'm probably going to miss most of the secrets though, I don't want to follow a walkthrough and I'm not going to find them all on my own.

Slightly off-topic, but i got TR2 and TRLR on the same day, and started TR2 just for fun. I forgot how psycho "The Great Wall" is-- "Walking around the opening level, la-la-la peacefulness, wow the graphics have improved since the first game...OMG GAUNTLET OF DEATH!!!!!!!!!"

So true!! And then then anyone who survives that gets to meet 2 t-rexes! Hell of a first level!

yeah the two t-rexes....if you had the nerves to actually climb down into that valley below the rope thing.....actually I did go down there to get the secret and killed both of those t-rexes.

But for those who are a first time player of TR 2 , and you see that first t-Rex you may think "What did I get myself into?"

But for those who are a first time player of TR 2 , and you see that first t-Rex you may think "What did I get myself into?"

I think it's a not-so-subtle wink from the developers that they've upped the ante from TR1-- having the T-Rex jump out at you in Lost Valley is one of THE major TR moments, and in TR2 they give you not one but two of them...in the first level. That's what's sort of fun about replaying these games, you notice stuff in the context of the series that you were too engrossed to notice the first time.

Anyway, I finished Jungle and just started Temple Ruins: I forgot how beautiful the whole India hub is, sometimes it's tempting to just put down the controller and admire the scenery. I really wish there were more levels like Jungle in TR in general: It's not a cakewalk, but the whole mood of the level is pleasant and there isn't this sense of impending doom that you get in so many TR levels. The sense of danger is part of the appeal, but it kind of bugs me when the entire game is stressful like that;IMO it's appropriate for the first half of the game to be more about exploration than surviving traps and whatnot.

Also, I love the monkeys! I think it's great to have friendly wildlife in TR, sure it makes things a little confusing when she pulls out her guns and you're not sure if what she's targeting is hostile or not, but that keeps it interesting. It goes along better with the idea that TR is about using your brain and not just killing everything that moves. I like the idea of Lara only shooting things that pose an immediate threat to her, someone like her probably appreciates wildlife and wouldn't kill for fun. I just wish they kept the friendly monkeys throughout the India levels ><, by Temple Ruins they're out for blood already.

I'm going to go finish Temple Ruins now, I'm trying not to save too much now or else the South Pacific and Antartica are completely going to pwn me. Later:).

I'm going to be finishing with Area 51 sometime in the next two days. Is everyone wanting to go the the South Pacific, or does somebody want to go to London with me?

:huh::huh::huh::huh::huh:

aren't you already in London?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I vote for the south pacific, the levels are just so nice and bright.....the London levels are just so dark and dreary, on top of that it rains through the first level there.

How is everybody with TR3? Haven't heard anything in a while....

Edited by Demon_Knight69

  • 4 weeks later...

I just finished Lud's Gate B)

My stats:

ludsgatestats.jpg

and I'm on 319 saves. Missed a secret again :(

I encountered a rather strange bug while driving that yellow monstrosity. Lara's oxygen bar stopped decreasing, and she could fly the thing out of the water :lol:

upv_bug.jpg

upvbug.jpg

And when she dismounted, it floated in the air

upvbug3.jpg

:lol:

I have a savegame of it if anyone would like to try it out (my game is patched, so it might not work with an unpatched game).

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...


LARA CROFT ONLINE TOMB RAIDER HOME PAGE

© Lara Croft Online All rights reserved. "Serving Tomb Raider Fans Since 2001"

Lara Croft ® and Tomb Raider ™ are trademarks of © CDE Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.