Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

LARA CROFT ONLINE HOME PAGE

Final Fantasy XIII

lol. Go for it! Late Christmas present FTW! :lol:

Got some of the voice actors names here:

Ali Hillis is voicing Lightning. Ali played Angela in Beverly Hills Chihuahua, Astro Spalding in Space Buddies, and also voiced characters in games like Xenosaga and Mass Effect.

Vincent Martella is playing Hope Estheim. He's probably best known for his work on Everybody Hates Chris, but he's also been in films like Role Models, and Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo.

Troy Baker is Snow Villiers. You might recognise his voice from BloodRayne 2 -- he played Severin and Kagan. He also played Major Blake in Resistance 2.

Georgia Van Cuylenburg is playing Oerba Dia Vanille. Georgia seems pretty new to acting.

Also got some voice talent from Alex Fernandez, who was Seymour in Final Fantasy X and Mangus in Brütal Legend. Zach Hanks who recently played Lars Halford in Brütal Legend. Gideon Emery played Balthier in Final Fantasy XII.

• 3 months later...

I haven't had the chance to get it yet.

Probably won't for another two or three weeks, as I've got a lot of stuff to do, however I'm almost certain Morph will have it :lol:

It looks good, though.

MsC

lmao Ms.C...yes, yes I do have it. Got it as soon as EB's doors opened on release day, lol.

It is good. Definately worth playing. The visuals are stunning, the voice acting is brilliant now, compared to the early videos we all saw. The battle system and level up system are very different in FFXIII...in battles there's an option called "Auto-battle", which lets the game choose your characters attacks, it is very efficient if you've used Libra on the enemy though, that way, the attacks picked will be whatever the enemy is most vulnerable to. You don't control the whole party, only the character that you're currently using to run around the world, your other party members are controlled by the game. The Paradigm system allows you to change your characters abilities anytime. You can use Phoenix Down potions on your allies, but if your character dies, it's game over. Getting the characters to level up now involves "CP", I think that was Crystal Points, and they're used on what's similar to the SphereGrid in FFX.

It's also characters weapons that can level up now, aswell as accesories. EXP from using certain items on the weapons and accesories levels them up. Each character has their own unique Eidolon [summon], so far I've gotten Shiva for Snow, and Odin for Lightning.

The story...well, at first it's confusing, you kind of just get thrown right into the thick of things, but as the game goes on you learn about what happened in the days before the games' start. For me, the game didn't really get going until I got into Palumpolum, and it took roughly eleven hours to get there.

It's worth getting. I like it. Only thing that bugs me is Snow..."I'm the hero"...omg, lol.

But, Final Fantasy XIII cannot beat my love for Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy X-2, lol.

Edited by Morph

• 3 weeks later...

Got my copy...played through about 4 hours of it so far.

At first, I didn't like it that much. I'm not too impressed with Lightning's VA, and Vanille's annoys the hell out of me, but Sazh and the other's voice acting is top-notch. But dubbed VA was never too fantastic in the FF series, so not a big surprise.

It's a lot-lot-lot more linear than every previous FF I've ever played. There's no 'towns', no 'shops', etc, etc, and you're kinda stuck on one path, however, I've heard this branches later on in the game.

The combat system for the first 5-or-so hours is deceptively dull and simple.

However, as of recent play-time, I've begun to enjoy it a lot more. The enemies have become a lot tougher, and I now have to think a lot more about what paradigm I use, the skills, etc, etc, though I'm not fond of having no control over my party formation, but again, I'm sure that'll change as I get more into it.

This is definitely a game that's becoming more complicated, more fun, and more involving the longer I'm playing it, so I'll stick it out. At the moment, however, I prefer 12 and 10.

I was expecting to be able to change my party members alot earlier than I thought. You don't get full control over who you want on the battle team until you near the end of Chapter 9. And the most open area of the game I've found so far is the Archylte Steppe, similar to the Calm Lands of Final Fantasy X, and the Cerobi Steppe of Final Fantasy XII.

I can definately hear a little bit of BloodRayne when Serah talks, and also a bit of Kagan [bloodRayne's Dad] when Snow talks. Just need to deepen their voices and you got the characters, lol. Snow and Vanille though, they are annoying me -- Vanille's voice makes me wanna go AHHHH!! STOP TALKING!!! :lol: :lol:

Yeah, I've played a bit more and I'm enjoying it more than I did.

There are a lot of FFX references I've found so far just in the story itself. Hope and his parent issues, the 'forbidden' love between Snow and Serah. Pretty sure I've seen Tidus's symbol as well.

Lightning's growing on me a bit more now, as is her VA, but Vanille's still annoys me, and probably always will.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I finally bought the game today. Although i had to look in half a dozen stores for it. I found it at a Gamestop and there was only one copy in the store. I started playing a couple hours ago, i'm in chapter 2 already.

Now in chapter 4. I think i'm gettting near the end of the chapter, its just Lightning and Hope. I come to a bridge and there's a cutscene, during that Odin appears. I'm having a bit of trouble getting this battle going, the challenge is to keep one medic and one attacker. Odin seems to target my support a lot, thus i don't have support and i can't build up the gestalt meter. I get wiped out end of story.