LARA CROFT ONLINE HOME PAGE

AJ in Changeling

http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=37788

Changeling

Release Date: TBA 2008

Studio: Universal Pictures

Director: Clint Eastwood

Screenwriter: J. Michael Straczynski

Starring: Angelina Jolie, John Malkovich, Jeffrey Donovan, Colm Feore, Amy Ryan, Michael Kelly

Genre: Thriller

Plot Summary: Clint Eastwood directs Angelina Jolie and John Malkovich in a provocative thriller based on actual events: Changeling. In the film, Christine Collins' (Jolie) prayers are met when her kidnapped son is returned. But amidst the frenzy of the photo-op reunion, she realizes this child is not hers. Facing corrupt police and a skeptical public, she desperately hunts for answers, only to be confronted by a truth that will change her forever.

Los Angeles, 1928: On a Saturday morning in a working-class suburb, Christine said goodbye to her son, Walter, and left for work. When she came home, she discovered he had vanished. A fruitless search ensues, and months later, a boy claiming to be the nine-year-old is returned. Dazed by the swirl of cops, reporters and her conflicted emotions, Christine allows him to stay overnight. But in her heart, she knows he is not Walter.

As she pushes authorities to keep looking, she learns that in Prohibition-era L.A., women don't challenge the system and live to tell their story. Slandered as delusional and unfit, Christine finds an ally in activist Reverend Briegleb (Malkovich), who helps her fight the city to look for her missing boy. Based on the actual incident that rocked California's legal system, "Changeling" tells the shocking tale of a mother's quest to find her son, and those who won't stop until they silence her.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0824747/

Release Date:

7 November 2008 (USA)

The_Changeling_1.jpg

The_Changeling_2.jpg

Edited by Hardkore

It sounds good. I hope this can be a role that Ang can be nominated for an oscar for. She needs another one to prove to

people she is more than a tabloid target. but WE all know she is soooo much more.

• 5 weeks later...

http://www.themovieblog.com/2008/04/clint-...ition-at-cannes

Clint Eastwood's Changeling joins competition at Cannes

Cannes just got a a lot more macho. We get wind today that Clint Eastwood is bringing the Changeling to compete in the fest. We get the following news thanks to the professionals over at Variety:

Clint Eastwood’s “Changeling,” a 1920s-set mystery thriller starring Angelina Jolie, will be part of the competition lineup at the upcoming Cannes Film Festival. The full slate of Cannes Official Selection entries is being announced today in Paris. “Changeling,” which Universal will release domestically in November, also stars John Malkovich, Amy Ryan and Colm Feore. Pic will be Eastwood’s fifth to compete in Cannes, after “Pale Rider,” “White Hunter, Black Heart,” “Bird” and “Mystic River.”

Clint Eastwood is an outstanding director and is one of Hollywoods most decorated, well rounded veterans. If we were playing a game of Hollywood pick up, Clint could very well make first pick. His outstanding performances and legendary films make him among the wisest of elders in the temple of Hollywood.

If Clint has signed up to compete, I am guessing that he is bringing quality to the table and seeks to get the buzz rolling on his picture. I am interested in seeing his collaboration with Jolie and am wondering if he will bring another memorable performance out of the mysterious vixen. If any of our international friends make it to Cannes, please fill us in on the details and if possible - a review of this film!

Edited by Hardkore

Thanks for the info, Hardkore! It sounds like a great storyline. I think AJ's very good at playing parts based on true events. She was impressive as Marianne Pearl in A Mighty Heart & in Girl, Interrupted. Clint Eastwood's a talented director...so it should be interesting.

• 4 months later...

Release Date: October 24, 2008 (limited; wide: Oct. 31)

Here is a site with what it says is the official trailer but is more like a clip from the movie...http://www.changelingtrailer.com/

I have tried looking for reviews from the Cannes showing but couldn't find anything. Then today I came across this...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Changelin...tical_reception

The film's screening at the 2008 Cannes Film Festival was met by rave reviews, prompting speculation it could be awarded the Palme d'Or.[50] Damon Wise of Empire called the film "flawless",[51] and Todd McCarthy of Variety said Changeling was "Emotionally powerful and stylistically sure-handed". He called it a "thematic companion piece" to Mystic River, but said it was "more complex and far-reaching" than Eastwood's previous entry at the festival in 2003. McCarthy praised Angelina Jolie's "top-notch" performance in the lead role, saying her performance "hits home" more directly than in A Mighty Heart (2007) due to the absence of affectation. He also said the film offered "a wealth of sterling supporting turns", praising Michael Kelly's performance in particular. McCarthy expressed admiration for Straczynski's "outstanding" script, which he said had "deceptive simplicity and ambition to it", and he praised Eastwood's direction, which he said honored the script by "underplaying the melodrama and not signaling the story's eventual dimensions at the outset". He said "The characters and sociopolitical elements are introduced with almost breathtaking deliberation, as dramatic force and artistic substance steadily mount" and that "In the end, Changeling joins the likes of Chinatown and L.A. Confidential as a sorrowful critique of the city's political culture."[52]

Kirk Honeycutt of The Hollywood Reporter said Changeling put aside romantic ideas of a 1920s Los Angeles being a more innocent period, saying the film portrayed a city "awash in corruption and steeped in a culture that treats women as hysterical and unreliable beings when they challenge male wisdom". He said the story "adds a forgotten chapter to the L.A. noir of Chinatown and L.A. Confidential". Honeycutt noted that due to the film's close adherence to the true-life facts of the case, the drama sagged momentarily at one point, but that "Straczynski and Eastwood are good at cutting to the chase. Seldom does a 141-minute movie feel this short". Honeycutt praised Jolie's performance, saying she "completely shuns her movie star image" and "can appear vulnerable and steadfast in the same moment... She reminds us that there is nothing so fierce as a mother protecting her cub". But he said the supporting characters (with the exception of Amy Ryan's) "tend toward righteousness or badness without too many shades in between". Honeycutt had praise for Eastwood's "melodic" score that "evokes not only a period but also the mood of a city... undergoing galvanic changes" and that "[the] small-town feel to the street and sets, seeming oh-so-quaint to modern eyes, captures a society resistant to seeing what is really going on".[53]

Edited by Hardkore

Angelina Jolie starring + Clint Eastwood directing = I WANT IT ON DVD... NOW!

The story sounds amazing and it's based on a true story, which makes it even better! I love thrillers, also. I can't wait, now.

I wonder how long it will be before the next film she stars in. Surely she lost the baby weight (if there was any) by now all the celeb moms just lose it in their sleep

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001401/

# Atlas Shrugged (2009) (in production) (rumored) .... Dagny Taggart

# The Mercenary: Love and Honor (2009) (announced)

Atlas Shrugged

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlas_Shrugged

A powerful railroad executive, Dagny Taggart, struggles to keep her business alive while society is crumbling around her. Based on the 1957 novel by Ayn Rand

The Mercenary: Love and Honor

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0884802/

Plot: A look at the life of Russian empress Catherine the Great's reign during the years of the American revolutionary war.

Edited by Hardkore

I'm dying for a new Angelina Jolie flick! I'll have to browse my DVD collection and find something to hold me over.

Girl, Interrupted should suffice.

Thanks for the update, Hardkore! I'm dying to watch her in something new, too. I walked into my living room the other day, and my kids were watching TR, then the next day they were watching TR:COL. Way to make a mom proud, lol. Changeling sounds like it's going to be a great movie!!!

• 2 weeks later...
I posted the trailer too in the OT Forum Film thread:

http://www.laracroftonline.net/index.php?s...ost&p=34510

not sure if it's the same version as the ones Hardkore posted here.

:mellow:

too lazy to download all of them from both threads and compare them!!

^_^

It's been awhile since I went to that thread,oh well.

Yeah the HD versions are the same .Plus I added the smaller size versions.

• 3 weeks later...