Guested Account

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I loved Ted 2, I'd give it 3.5 out of 5...but I am easily amused and watched it after a few drinks, haha. :lol:

I agree it wasn't as good as the first one. They tied it together with the first pretty nicely though.

Never going to see Amanda "Give Me The Ring, My Precious" Seyfried the same again. :grin:

She's great.

So I was at Cinemark.com buying tickets for tomorrow's showing of the new M: -I movie and I came across this on their website.

I was thinking there is no way. Maybe it's just another movie with the same title so I click on it and by everything that's sacred, it is!!

Some of it looks like it's frame by frame reproduction of the same scenes from the original film.

Hollywood has lost its creativity long time ago but this is absolutely absurdly ridiculous.

Edited by J7Dadda

• 2 weeks later...
Kill Me Three Times (2014)

This Australian movie is like going to a fine dining by reservations weeks in advance only restaurant and you order a $50 entree and when the server brings it to your table, it looks like this:

9d49f9428455488.jpg

Pretty to look at but not even enough to qualify as an appetizer or side dish.

Your first reaction when you first see it is:

This is all I get for $50???

Your last reaction after you finish eating it is:

I am still not satiated! There is no more?

I am not sure who the producers and director and writers of this film were trying to emulate:

Tarantino or the Coen Brothers or Luc Besson?

This movie is a bunch of glossy saturated color looking set pieces put together to make a whole.

3/5
Edited by J7Dadda

Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation (2015)

Once again another M: I movie with parts that don't make sense and convenient plot devices including they just happen to get that stuff and this stuff or conveniently has something on hand to get the job done...

Furthermore when the screenwriters decided to write out the most interesting character in the movie immediately following the opening credit montage, you'd already knew this movie is going to suck!

3/5

Edited by J7Dadda

a662d2430026493.jpg

Pickup on South Street (1953)

Ah yes... the good old days:

the bad guys always get what they deserve, the good guys always win, the main hero always gets the girl and rides off into the sunset with her.

Why can't movies today still be like this?

4/5

c86b32430282829.jpg

Bear Island (1979)

I remember wanting to see this film at the theater when it came out and I was a kid at the time and I couldn't go without my parents taking me to it.

Now that I've finally seen it after all these years, I can see I didn't miss much!

They butchered a great book by Alistair MacLean when they adopted it into this film.

What a waste of a great cast too: Sutherland, Widmark, Lee, Redgrave, Bridges, Dane.

2/5

Die Hard (1988)

4a4f81430725629.jpg

I have seen this a couple of dozen times in the past 27 years and to this day, this is still the most perfect action film ever made.

Each repeated viewing is like watching it for the first time again.

It never gets old and dull and boring and repetitive!

Very few films since have come close to this masterpiece.

The only one I can think of off the top of my head is Terminator 2: Judgement Day.

Even the Die Hard sequels including Die Hard 2 Die Harder couldn't top this first installment in the franchise.

Actually I call this the perfect Christmas movie and the ONLY movie to watch on Christmas Day.

Not those wimpy boring over-rated It's A Wonderful Life and A Christmas Carol sissy movies!

5/5 or 10/10

Little known Die Hard trivia fact:

Die Hard was originally a script written for Arnold Schwarzenegger as the sequel to Commando.

Edited by J7Dadda

Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)

Same old S... just different packaging.

Over-rated noisy riff-raff designed for one thing: money grabbing!

Anyone who paid to see this and to see any other Marvel movies before this one and after this one is a sucker and a mindless sheep!

Glad I get to watch this trash for free!

1.5/5

Coma (1978)

Michael Douglas and Tom Selleck must had both been barely 34 in this film.

This film was also a first for Ed Harris.

It was his first theatrical movie starring role.

Also featuring Lois Chiles before she played a Bond girl in Moonraker.

4/5

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah i've been waiting for NCIS to come back on. I've been watching NCIS from the beginning on Netflix, Gibbs got shot quite a few times through the series. He got shot a couple of times just in season 1. i've been wondering though the first few episodes, he leaves with a redheaded woman driving an expensive convertible like a mercedes. Was that one of his wives in the car?

Jurassic World (2015)

I said it before when the first Jurassic film came out 22 years ago:

do not mess with Mother Nature.

Yet they didn't learn and they still do not learn.

This is better than the 2nd and 3rd films but not by much.

It's just more of the same thing from the first film:

once again, a couple of kids are being chased by dinosaurs just like in the first film.

This time instead of Sam Neill to save them, you have the guy from NBC Park and Recreation and Richie Cunningham's daughter to keep them from becoming Dino feed.

If they don't make another Jurassic Park/World film for another next 10 years, it will still be too soon for me.

2.5/5

Edited by J7Dadda