Everything posted by Guested Account
-
Actresses Lori Loughlin and Felicity Huffman among dozens indicted in largest-ever case alleging bribery to get kids into colleges !!
https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2019/03/12/felicity-huffman-lori-loughlin-indicted-admissions-bribery-case-reports/3139204002/ https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/college-admissions-cheating-felicity-huffman-lori-loughlin/index.html Lori Loughlin? One of my favorite actresses from the 80's. She was in Full House and Secret Admirer. What the HECK she gone and do that for??? Read the articles! Some of the money they paid in bribes to get their kids into these prominent colleges is more than the money they would pay for 4 years of college education.
-
The Rant Thread
There isn't a week that goes by that I don't run into stupid clueless lack of common sense people whether it's people that come to my business or people I come across when I deal with a business that I give my money to. Did these people had poor parenting? Poor schooling? Or were they dropped on their heads when they were babies or just born dumb? What is this world coming to?
-
Kitties!!!!!!!!!!
- The Rant Thread
Reading Morphie's situation, it makes me think: I am so glad I am self employed and own my own company and I am the boss, a fair and caring boss too. I will never do to my employees what some of the employers I worked for when I was younger did to me. I don't think I can ever work for anyone again especially nowadays just about everywhere you go, you notice the person in charge is someone 30 years younger than me who doesn't know diddly squat but they think they are God. Most of them have no business skills, very little training, no people skills, no customer service skills. For example a month ago I bought a 9 piece box of fried chicken for lunch. Bit into one piece and it was raw. Bit into another piece and it was also raw. I didn't even bother to check the rest. I drove back to the restaurant and showed the cashier and she said: that's not good. Let me get the manager to replace it for you. She calls the manager who is this Hispanic kid that couldn't be older than 19. Do you know what he did? He took a look at it and asked me what do you want to do about it? I told him I want you to replace it with chicken that is cooked thoroughly or refund my money. He wouldn't do it. On my receipt, at the bottom of it, there was a name and a phone # printed and underneath it, it read District Manager. So I pick up the phone and call him while I was still at the restaurant standing in front of the manager. I told him and explained to him what happened including his Manager not doing the right thing and he said: "why are you calling me? Just tell Adrian (the manager) to replace it or to give you a refund." I said: you tell him because he is not listening to me and I hand my phone to Adrian. Gee whiz. All that work and time and gas wasn't even worth the 9 pieces box of chicken or the refund of the $9.73 I paid for it. So again, I don't think I can work for anyone nowadays at my age especially if I have to take orders from some 20 years old who doesn't know anything and who doesn't know how to speak to people. p.s. I posted a review of this experience on YELP, GOOGLE and OpenTable. There are also complaints by other reviewers about this restaurant's poor customer service and food and products quality issues.t I also submitted a complaint ticket to the Houston Health Department Restaurant Inspection division. The restaurant in question hasn't been inspected in over 4 months and their last 2 inspections last year were both C.- The Rant Thread
she is lucky she is not Cat food. Some people deserve to get what they get: https://www.yahoo.com/gma/woman-attacked-jaguar-while-taking-selfie-arizona-zoo-102205135--abc-news-topstories.html- YouTube
Only in Los Angeles California https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Police-Pursuit-506690341.html- Daylight Savings Time Ends this Sunday !!
I woke up about 7 am new time, checked my email and checked the internet, Andrea asked me if I wanted breakfast, I said not yet, Laid down on the sofa and fell asleep until 10 am. Usually once I am up, I am up regardless of the time of the morning even if it's still 4 am.- The First All-Female Spacewalk Has Just Been Scheduled by NASA .
Will the 2 lady astronauts be fashionably late for their spacewalk because they will be unable to match the proper shoes and belt and handbag to their spacesuit?- The Rant Thread
Got up just now, checked my email, and another exact survey was emailed to me at 3 am. Send to Trash!- The Rant Thread
So when they want you to cover their shifts so they can go play Ferris Bueller's Days Off, they make you work to death and when they don't need you, they cut your hours to nothing. I would leave but again not before finding another job. How long can you collect unemployment for? If this happened in Texas, you are automatically given unemployment insurance because your employer changed the 'contract' of your job description.- The Rant Thread
So they go from over working you to only giving you 3-4 hours each week for the whole month? They make the entire month schedule in advance? I would talk to whoever is in charge before quitting. They know you can't live on one 3-4 hour shift per month. Whoever is in charge won't correct the situation after you have spoken with him/her/them, go over their head. But never quit a job until you have another job.- Airwolf’ Star Jan-Michael Vincent Dies At 74 !!
Jan Michael Vincent Has passed away; Jan Michael Vincent, best known for his role as attack helicopter pilot Stringfellow Hawke on the television series Airwolf, has died. According to TMZ, the actor died back on February 10 after suffering a heart attack. He was 74. RIP Jan Michael Vincent. Do these celebrities always go in three?- Everything about Movies and DVDs
They sure consume a lot of alcohol on the Orville. I don't remember hardly ever seen any Federation crew members drink in any of the Star Trek series and movies. Only sparingly during special occasions and ceremonies and high profile meetings like in Star Trek the Undiscovered Country when the TOS crew met with the Klingon delegation.- The First All-Female Spacewalk Has Just Been Scheduled by NASA .
As if women don't already have enough malls here on Earth to spend their money at.- The First All-Female Spacewalk Has Just Been Scheduled by NASA .
2 astronauts are scheduled for the first all-female spacewalk in history https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/06/us/nasa-first-all-female-spacewalk-trnd/index.html Considering women never go directly from point A to point B, it will either be a long spacewalk or until they run out of oxygen and pass out.- Daylight Savings Time Ends this Sunday !!
Oh Crap! We spring forward again this Sunday!- The Rant Thread
Capital One sent me a survey which is useless since there is no where in it for me to write in a comment. Nowadays when you call customer service for any company: wireless, cable, credit card, bank, electric, even Safeway or Kroger, etc, you will get one of these survey in your email. I delete all of them and never fill them out. Some you will never hear from them again while others will keep resending for the next couple of weeks reminding you that you've forgotten to complete their survey. IF YOU DO fill it out and tell them where they need to make changes and improve, THEY ARE NOT GOING TO DO IT! So why waste my time doing it?- Everything about Movies and DVDs
Vox Lux (2018) https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5960374/ WARNING: This review contains SPOILERS!! Plot Device or plot mechanism, The first half of the movie begins with Celeste (Natalie Portman) being born in 1986. In 1999 at the age of 13, while she was attending a public school in New York city, a student shoots up the school and in the process, injures her and kills several students including her friends. Celeste recovers from her wounds and sings at the memorial service. Her singing gets noticed and with the help of a talent manager (Jude Law), she becomes a rising star. The second half of the movie begins 2017, Celeste is now 21 years old: she has put her personal tragedy of the school shooting behind her. Celeste has become a global pop icon, a celebrity powerhouse, an American icon and she is also seen as a secular deity by millions of her fans worldwide. She makes a music video of her latest pop single. In it she and the troupe of dancers wear masks. In a beach town in Croatia, a group of gunmen wearing the same exact masks shoots 14 beachgoers to death and injure many others. The media tries to put a negative spin on Celeste by tying her music to the terrorists. Can Celeste deal with the media and again recover from another tragedy and continue to be who she is and the musical pop star she has become and rise above it all? Now I don't know what this movie was aiming for!! First to use a school shooting as the plot device for the origin of the main character, the movie makers should be ashamed of themselves. They could had used something else like maybe someone Celeste loves survives a personal battle against cancer and it inspires her to write songs and sing. Then to start the second half of the movie with another mass shooting event just to re-elevate and rebirth her character, that's just unacceptable!! E especially in this day and time where almost every week there is a mass shooting occuring in the USA somewhere. Furthermore, the movie does not try to convey any solutions or explanations to why these mass shootings are occuring and what we as society can do to prevent them and to stop them from re-occuring. The acting and dialogue is also very bland. The singing and concert sequences were very unconvincing. There were also several scenes where Natalie Portman came across as being bored or distant or just aloof to the whole thing: it was as if she showed up on the set for that day of filming just so she can get a paycheck. Why did someone as talented and straight headed as Natalie Portman even agreed to make this movie after she read the script is beyond me! On the top of the movie poster, it reads: I was not Vowed one bit. I was bored while at the same time I was puzzled. To use such controversial topic as school shooting and mass shooting as the plot device and to not make any effort to explain why such tragedies keep occuring and to not offer solutions, it just makes the entire movie quite pointless. It also makes me question whether this film's screenwriters and director and producers have a unhealthy and morbid fascination with mass shootings. Sorry, Natalie, you know I have always admired you, your talent, your tenacity ever since you made your critically acclaimed film debut in The Professional when you were just 13 years old: in the the past 25 years since that film, you have made many great movies which have showcased your great acting skills and range. But this is one time I have to say you dropped the ball with this film. Natalie: hopefully your next film Lucy in the Sky where you play an astronaut, loosely based on these events will be better: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lisa_Nowak#Charges_of_attempted_kidnapping_at_Orlando_Airport In the meantime I can only give your latest cinematographic appearance an: 1/5- The Rant Thread
I guess these companies are willing to risk losing a few customers as long as they increase their bottom lines.- The Rant Thread
On the phone with Capital One about one of our credit cards and I can't understand 2/3 of what the guy is telling me. He is speaking at 100 mph and he has a strong Indian (from India, not Indian as in Native American Indian) accent. Don't any of these companies hire any Americans anymore? Someone who can speak English properly and clearly enunciate every word?- Cheese On Sloppy Joe's
Oh I lied. I sometimes put cheese on hot dogs and chili but it has to be shredded sharp cheddar cheese. I also put fresh grated Parmesan cheese on my pasta.- LCO NFL Fantalk 2008
It's easy when you don't have several offensive linemen the same size as him and also depending on which offensive formation is being called at the time, a FB or HB, in your way trying to block you. http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2019/story/_/id/26128295/sweat-throws-combine-fastest-40-dl- Spiders could theoretically eat every human on Earth in one year !!
Where's Clint when we need him?- Everything about Movies and DVDs
Just watch Orville. I would not had reactivated it. Maybe turn it into a toaster and even that would be too generous.- Everything about Movies and DVDs
Just finish watching all 10 Episodes of Season 2 of the Icelandic series Ófærð aka Trapped https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3561180/ What an intelligent. riveting, thrilling, white-knuckle suspenseful show with so many twists and turns you will never see coming: how many secrets can a small town have and how were they able to keep them all a secret for 20 years??? WOW!! Season 3 is already in the works. Why can't American TV make shows like this??? 10/10 - The Rant Thread
LARA CROFT ONLINE TOMB RAIDER HOME PAGE
© Lara Croft Online All rights reserved. "Serving Tomb Raider Fans Since 2001"
Lara Croft ® and Tomb Raider ™ are trademarks of © CDE Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.