Everything posted by Guested Account
-
FINAL Film Quiz of 2017: Can You Guess the Titles of These Movies?!?
I thought I was the only one that doesn't sleep.
-
FINAL Film Quiz of 2017: Can You Guess the Titles of These Movies?!?
YAY!
-
FINAL Film Quiz of 2017: Can You Guess the Titles of These Movies?!?
WOW!
-
FINAL Film Quiz of 2017: Can You Guess the Titles of These Movies?!?
Clues to the remaining unsolved images: 1 Honey... 2 Long layover 3 Soccer 5 80's youth street gang 6 Remake of the movie about rich folks 8 Husband and wife war 11 He has History 13 Youth burglary ring 14 Magicians movie 15 First year of the Millenium 18 Scary "Meet the Parents" 22 Those anti-nazi "illegitimate" soldiers 23 80's spoof of Army movies 25 Sequel to the Code movie 27 Racial tensions in Brooklyn 32 Almost time for a Christmas... 41 Once a year, citizens are allowed to... 43 IMO, one of the worst Best Picture winner of the 2000's 45 Woman author penned British novel 48 Hidden cameras movie hit 49 Recent Best Picture war movie 50 Two bumbling lady cops 51 Unfortunate 54 Lady commuter/voyeur commits murder 56 Embalmed woman wrecks havoc 57 Haunted Farmhouse 58 60's musical 61 Sci-fi movie about a man with an assumed identity
-
Everything about Movies and DVDs
The Terrorists (1975) aka Ransom http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0073796/ Story started out interesting. A group of terrorists hold the British Ambassador to Scandinavia hostage in his home along with his servants. Another group of terrorists hijack a commercial airliner that just landed at the nearby Scandinavia airport. It's set in Scandinavia, no, not the region, for the movie's intention and purpose, they say it's the fictional country of Scandinavia. The head of Scandinavia security (Sean Connery) along with representatives of the British and Scandinavia government tries to negotiate the release of both group of hostages without resorting to violence and bloodshed. The plot is a bit complicated at first and there is more to it than meets the viewer's eye. It stays interesting and holds your attention until about almost the end of the 2nd act and thebeginning of the 3rd and final act and then you are suddenly hit with a WTF ending!! This is what they came up with to explain the reasons for the entire 2 terrorist plots and to end the movie? As usual Sean Connery and Ian McShane do a good job but the movie could had used a longer first and second act and a better final act with a smarter ending. 3/5
-
The Rant Thread
I called their 888 phone # on Friday the 20th to get a quote on doing a move out cleaning for October 30th. The gentleman that answered said the call was forwarded to him because the lady that answers the 888 phone # was not at the phone. He said he doesn't know what the schedule for the 30th looks like because he is not at the office and will get back with me the next day, Saturday, to give me the available times. The next morning I get a text telling me to confirm our appointment for the 30th for the afternoon and from the screenshots below of the texts, you can see my reply to him saying I wasn't given any available choices. That's it? He is just going to schedule without checking with me first. Then I told him I wasn't happy with our conversation yesterday when I called him because when he answered the phone, after I asked him about getting an appointment with him and his prices, he IMMEDIATELY ask me WHAT my FIRST language was? He didn't even answer my question about his prices and whether he was available on the 30th. I replied what do you mean? He replies Where are you from? I answered: I am an American. He said No you are not, you have an accent. Where's your accent from? So I told him what does it matter? He replies: Do you speak Spanish? I said NO, I don't. He said then we may have a problem. SO when he text me on Saturday morning confirming an appointment without giving me a choice of times first, I brought up that subject and you can see from his replies to me that this person has poor customer service skills, admit that he likes to speak to his customers including the ones HE HAS NEVER (OR JUST) MET about POLITICS, which is totally inappropriate, and that he also says he likes to know where people are from or their background so he CLAIMS HE may better serve them or if it doesn't match, up to his expectation or if the customer doesn't speak Spanish then he won't be able to service them properly. Why do I need to be able to speak Spanish? His crew shows up, cleans and leave. They know what their job and duties, are, I don't need to tell them what to do or how it's done! I think he is prejudice if you don't speak Spanish! What does it matter what language I speak or don't speak? Then to ask me where I am from and tell me NO YOU ARE NOT AN AMERICAN BECAUSE YOU HAVE AN ACCENT, HOW DUCKING IGNORANT IS THAT? You go to Boston and they have an accent. You go to Ohio and they have an accent. If you live in California and you come to Texas or go to Lousiana or Mississippi, we have a southern accent. I have a friend, born in the USA. he is WHITE, but he was raised in just about every country in Asia and Europe because his parents were in the US Miitary from the time he was 1 to the time he was in his late 20's. He speaks Chinese, Japanese, Korean plus German and French. He didn't return to the USA for the first time until he was almost 32 and he speaks with an accent, combination of Asian and European So read the texts and decide for yourself!
-
FINAL Film Quiz of 2017: Can You Guess the Titles of These Movies?!?
Oooops, sorry! Sir Mick!
-
Everything about Movies and DVDs
American Made (2017) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3532216/ Moral of this mostly true story? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barry_Seal Don't work for the CIA and the U.S. Government. 4/5
-
LCO NFL Fantalk 2008
Dang! When did the San Diego Chargers move to Los Angeles?
-
FINAL Film Quiz of 2017: Can You Guess the Titles of These Movies?!?
Excellent, Sir Tom. Gold Star for you!
-
FINAL Film Quiz of 2017: Can You Guess the Titles of These Movies?!?
Perfect again!
-
Everything about Movies and DVDs
War For The Planet Of The Apes (2017) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3450958 Aside from the title being a bit deceptive, there wasn't much of a war of any kind in it, maybe a couple of skirmishes; this film was a powerful, touching way to bring a very satisfying and humane closure to a great film trilogy. Will there be another movie in the Planet Of The Apes reboot continuation? Only time will tell! 4.5/5
-
FINAL Film Quiz of 2017: Can You Guess the Titles of These Movies?!?
Morphie! I've been hoping if you'd show up before Gia and Sir Tom guess them all. Another perfect score for you!
-
Everything about Movies and DVDs
Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2250912 This was not a Spider-Man movie!! This constant need to tie the comic books from one company, D.C., and comic books from the other company, Marvel, into 2 individual film franchises is getting annoying and banale and repetitive. It may be cute with the new clueless young movie audience many of whom never even actually picked up and read a super hero comic book; but for us older and wiser folks, they need to be separated into their individual worlds: Spider-Man is Spider-Man, Superman is Superman, Batman is Batman, Iron Man is Iron Man, etc etc Batman never meets Superman, Spider-Man never meets Thor, etc etc Spider-Man as part of the Avengers with Iron Man is not Spider-Man. Spider-Man already has his own super powers: he doesn't need Tony Stark and his technology. Look at the poster above: even with the title Spider-Man printed on it, it looks more like an Avengers film with Spider-Man making a guest cameo appearance. You have Iron Man and Tony Stark on the same poster. Heck, they should had threw in Captain America and Black Widow and the Incredible Hulk while they were a it! Why stop at only one Avengers character? Furthermore, the action scenes are so heavily CGI, it's very difficult to tell what's going on especially in the climax battle sequence. I can only give this movie 0.25/5
-
Disney buys out Lucasfilm, the Star Wars Franchise and George Lucas for $4 Billion!!
"Fulfill your destiny..."" How original... NOT!! J.J. Abrams has no originality or a shred of an original idea. Here's words that could be used in place of Destiny and still has the same or similar meaning, according to the Thesaurus: http://www.thesaurus.com/browse/destiny Again with the Destiny speeches just like in The Return of the Jedi:
-
Disney buys out Lucasfilm, the Star Wars Franchise and George Lucas for $4 Billion!!
First Official Full Trailer:
-
FINAL Film Quiz of 2017: Can You Guess the Titles of These Movies?!?
7 out of 8: #37 is not Ironman.
-
FINAL Film Quiz of 2017: Can You Guess the Titles of These Movies?!?
Way to go, Sir Tom!
-
FINAL Film Quiz of 2017: Can You Guess the Titles of These Movies?!?
- FINAL Film Quiz of 2017: Can You Guess the Titles of These Movies?!?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64- Everything about Movies and DVDs
Trying to watch: Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2250912/ This is NOT a Spider-Man movie. Sure there is a character in it named Peter Parker who has an alter ego of Spider-Man but that's just about it but this is not a Spider-Man movie. It's more like a generic copy cat Spider-Man wannabe movie in a B-movie. Plus it's also trying to be a Political Correctness message!! There is no place for hidden Politics and Political Correctness messages and agendas in a Spider-Man movie.- HOT DAMN! I am speechless!
Sir T is soooo silly! http://collider.com/imax-2d-movies/ It was never filmed in 3D for IMAX. Also any NON-IMAX showings in 3D is up converted. I won't be seeing it in 3D anymore. I've read some of the reviews online about the 3D version and it's not worth the money.- HOT DAMN! I am speechless!
I will wait for the crowds to die down and go back next week and rewatch it in 3D. The IMAX showing I watched was not in 3D, I wonder why?- HOT DAMN! I am speechless!
Blade Runner 2049 (2017) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1856101 **version watched: IMAX** What a stunningly, visually beautiful, cerebral and immersive movie. It was definitely worth the 35 years wait. I won't give the story away but at 2 hours and 43 min (including ending credits but not including previews), you will get your money and time's worth. In time, this film will surely and rightfully become a cult classic just like the original did. 5/5- Everything about Movies and DVDs
Baby Driver (2017) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3890160/ There's only one way to describe my reaction to this film: WOW!! 5/5 - FINAL Film Quiz of 2017: Can You Guess the Titles of These Movies?!?
LARA CROFT ONLINE TOMB RAIDER HOME PAGE
© Lara Croft Online All rights reserved. "Serving Tomb Raider Fans Since 2001"
Lara Croft ® and Tomb Raider ™ are trademarks of © CDE Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.