Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Guested Account

Members
  • Joined

Everything posted by Guested Account

  1. The Snowman (2017) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1758810/ This is based on a best selling thriller novel by a Norwegian author. I have never read the book but from researching it online, it's a well reviewed top notch thriller and it's also an entry in a series of crime novels starring the same character that's in this movie: Harry Hole, an alcoholic police inspector. Well if everything that's written about the book it's based on is true, this movie doesn't even come close to its original source. There are 3 persons listed in the screenwriting credit and it seems that each one wrote a screenplay pertaining to a different aspect of the movie: 1 part is the ongoing investigation going back years of missing women, another part is Inspector Harry Hole's relationship with his enstranged son, another part is anything that screenwriter who had a hand in it decided to add to the story and seemingly he didn't check with the other 2 screenwriters to make sure his part flowed with the rest and had continuity. Then it also seems 3 different unit directors shot the different scenes from the 3 different screenplays. There are characters that show up one minute never to be seen again. There are scenes of someone going into a building and you never seen that someone before and after and nothing was ever followed up on it: Who was that person? Why did they go into that building? Who was the person in the building that opened the door to let them in? How does that fits into the story and does it have any relation to the missing women? Then there seems to be parts missing. One minute you see one of the main character standing somewhere looking at something in the snow (which was not shown) and then in the next scene that same character is in a car driving off. Okay, I don't need to see everything that happens like they walking from where they were standing to the car to seeing them opening the car door with a key and then getting into it and then starting the car, etc, etc but where were they where they standing at, what were they doing there, and what happened between the time they stood there and they drove off. Furthermore, for a thriller about a serial killer leaving clues, with a snowman after each killing, this movie has no tension, no suspense, no grab you by the chin to keep you interested and when we finally get to the final act, it's just felt thrown in at random because someone in the production crew said: hey, let's wrap it up. This is a Norway-UK-USA production and you can tell, produced by Martin Scorsese, directed by acclaimed Norwegian director famous for 2008's "Let the Right One In", starring a talented cast including Michael Fassbender, Rebecca Ferguson, Chloë Sevigny, James D'Arcy, Charlotte Gainsbourg and Swedish actor Jonas Karlsson. But they are not given much to do or work with onscreen. Digital Spy website just named this one of the 10 worse films of 2017. Rotten Tomatoes has many negative reviews including these that pretty much express the same sentiments I have about it: How can a movie with such a great trailer go so wrong? Doesn't anyone take any pride in their work anymore? 0/5
  2. Only reserved seating purchased in advance online here now. You can't no longer spur of the moment let's go to a movie and show up and buy tickets and pick any seats you want and be able to move and change seats if you don't like them or have noisy people around you or someone with a 10 gallon hat in front of you. I have tickets for The Last Jedi for next Tuesday for the regular Dolby Digital 2D NON-3D NON-XD NON-ATMOS NON-IMAX show for $5.50 all day Tuesday every Tuesdays special price.
  3. How did you get tickets? I tried to get tickets a week ago and all the matinees for today and tomorrow and Sunday and last night's showings were either sold out or only have crappy seats left. I hate this you have to buy the tickets in advance and reserve your seats at the same time system they have now for AMC and Cinemark.
  4. Anyone going to see this The Last Jedi today or this weekend? I have decided to wait until next week and not go fight the crowds.
  5. Tom is hilarious! You should be a stand up comedian. I mean that as a compliment, truly and sincerely.
  6. Finally finish watching CONTAINS SPOILERS!! The Killing of a Sacred Deer (2017) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5715874/ Remember this scene from Pulp Fiction? Almost every dialogue scene in this movie is like that. WIKI explains it best: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Awkward_silence If the dialogue scene is not uncomfortable silence, then it's ludicrous dialogue like when one main character is in a pivotal scene with another main character and instead of saying something that's related to the dire situation at hand, he talks about.... a crucial time in his childhood. WHICH HAD NOTHING to to do with that scene right there, right then! WHO wrote this STUPIDITY? The whole story and premise could had been interesting but the way the characters and the story and the structure of it was written and then executed on film was just asinine and ludicrous. At about 41 minutes into a movie, I said to myself Because there was a scene which made me (and I am sure I wasn't the only person who had the same thoughts while watching it) think something worthwhile was finally happening and this is going to get good and intriguing and interesting from then on and nope, it never delivered. A waste of Colin Farrel, Nicole Kidman and a talented young cast. Also there were 2 other things that annoyed the heck out of me. 1. Almost every other scene between dialogues are like this long camera shot: 2. The constant suspenseful ominous music in the background in almost every scene building up to a crescendo but nothing ever happens or come of it. What was the point of that? The director of this film is the same one that did the Lobster and those other very weird movies. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0487166 I think I will have to put him on the list of directors who make weird empty movies that if you see his name on the marquee, you will know to immediately pass on, no matter what the trailer looks like! Stay away from this movie! I'd rather spend the 2 hour and 1 minute to get a root canal! A waste of Colin Farrel, Nicole Kidman and a talented young cast. 0/5
  7. Well at least you don't have to worry about what to feed 5 angels every day 3 times a day. I think they only want pizza and if we fed them pizza 3 times a day 365 days a year, they won't complain one bit.
  8. I haven't eaten any "food" out of McD in 20+ years. I was there a couple of times during that time but that's only I was with someone who went and I didn't get anything, not even a soda.
  9. Does anyone ever say "I'm going to Wal-Mart Stores to pick up a few items"? https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/06/wal-mart-stores-to-be-to-walmart-as-it-shifts-its-focus-to-e-commerce.html https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2017/12/06/whats-name-walmart-soon-little-less/926828001/ NO! They say "I'm going to Walmart" Also when I do an online search for anything related to Walmart, I type in Walmart and not Wal-Mart. change "McDonald's" to "McNasty's" if you really want to impress me and other consumers like me ...
  10. I saw T2 in the theater but it wasn't 3D then. Enjoy it, Morph. Happy Holidays to you and your family.
  11. Thelma (2017) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6304046/ There is a brief scene, which I won't give away, between the first few seconds of this movie showing the studios, producers and distributors logos and the movie title card; but it's enough to convey to the viewer 2 things: 1. WHAT THE HECK???? and 2. All I you need to know about this movie is: 1. Carrie have nothing on Thelma. 2. Official Norwegian entry for the Best Foreign Language Film at the 90th Academy Awards, to be held in 2018. 3. Rated 90% certified Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes. So what are you waiting for? The next universal flood? See Thelma today! 4.5/5
  12. No, thank you! Robin Williams got to be rolling in his grave. This movie is an insult to his memory and great works. Furthermore, it stars the girl that can't act from the Oculus movie.
  13. Can someone stop this planet so I can get off it? This so called stunt of her has been called incredible and mind-blowing and other accolades. https://www.click2houston.com/news/manvel-cheerleader-s-gravity-defying-stunt-goes-viral http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/article/Meet-the-Manvel-cheerleader-defying-gravity-in-12402149.php Gee!! Are folks nowadays either just dumb or have short attention span?!? I bet even watching wet paint drying amuses them. Now everyone out there wants to imitate her. Bunch of can't think for themselves copy cat sheep!
  14. Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (June 22nd, 2018) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4881806/ Teaser Trailer: First official full trailer will be available online on 12/8.
  15. It's almost Christmas! That means it's time to watch the best and most perfect Christmas movie ever made in human history!! http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095016/ I watch Die Hard every year at Christmas season - never get tired of it. How can you get tired of a movie that covers all the things good and pure that encompasses the meaning of Christmas? Love, family, selflessness, compassion, giving, human sacrifice and eggnog!!
  16. Questions: 1. how can they afford the electric bill? 2. how can the home's standard circuit breaker handle such large load of electricity? 3. when the holidays season is over, do they look at all that stuff and say: "sheesh, now how am I supposed to take it all down? Why did I do that to myself for? Where do I even begin?" This guy in German went way over board with over half a million lights! Such show offs! Like these folks here! Megalomaniacs much? I bet in all the above cases, some of the neighbors right next to these house are going nuts at night not being able to sleep. It's like the sun never set for them!
  17. The Foreigner (2017) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1615160/ This was very painful to watch. Jackie Chan is over 60 years old and he is still trying to do martial arts scenes. Pierce Brosnan is also over 60 years old and sporting a very bad fake Irish accent while playing an Irishman. I also can't believe director Martin Campbell (Goldeneye, Casino Royale, The Mask of Zorro) agreed to make this UK/China co-production. I guess after the success of Llam Neeson "Taken" franchise, everyone wants a slice of the "Revenge" movies box office pie. 2/5
  18. Watching George Lucas' American Graffiti (1973) Why do I feel like I am watching a Happy Days/Laverne & Shirley crossover movie? That's Ron Howard (credited in the opening credits as Ronnie Howard) on the right. That's Charles Martin Smith in the middle. To me, he will always be Mark Shermin in Starman and Agent Oscar Wallace in The Untouchables. That's Richard Dreyfuss on the left. 25 years old in 1973 when this movie was released. What the hell happened to him? :eek: Jaws was only 2 years later and he looked old in there. Then 2 years after that he was in Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind and he looked like he aged another 10 years!! That's Cindy Williams of Shirley Feeney character fame first in Happy Days and then in the spin off series Laverne & Shirley. ... and that's Suzanne Somers (about 27 years old at the time, 4 years before Three's Company) as the mysterious Blonde in the white T-Bird that Richard Dreyfuss character falls in love with. For those who don't know, she was also the blonde at the bad guys swimming pool party in Magnum Force, released the same year as American Graffiti, before one of the rogue cop killed everyone. She was also supposed to be a blonde in the airport terminal in Steve McQueen's 1968 Bullitt toward the end but I have not been able to find her scene - lasting only a few seconds. By the way, she is worth about $100 million, not bad for someone who left Three's Company in a huff and lots of controversy because ABC wouldn't give her a raise from $30,000 an episode to $150,000 an episode plus 10% of the profits. In 1980 money adjusted to today, $30,000 would be $89,000 and $150,000 would be $449,000. Still, back in 1980 you could live really well, like a King, with a $30,000 per year income; she was making $30,000 per episode, 21-24 episodes per season per year, and yet she wanted more. Greedy woman!
  19. Kingsman: The Golden Circle (2017) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4649466/ Not as good as the original. I has kind of lost its freshness and discovery of the first film. Plus if you have seen all or most of the 24 Bond films, it references and/or copies from about 13 of them. Then there are some parts that are hokies and the plot is a bit dumb and far fetched. Hokie, adjective: corny and contrived, fake and melodramatic, insincerely emotional. The sub-part with a real life person playing themselves as a minor character in the movie is also stupid. My review of the first movie back in May 2015: quote: "Why the poor ratings and bad reviews? What was wrong with it? 4/5" I can say that I can only give this sequel a 3/5
  20. I am home. Been up for 23 hours straight with my last sleep only about 5 hours. Gonna shower, eat something, go to sleep and back up at 5 am to go back in at 7 am.
  21. Welcome back, Hardkore. Lucky you! I am going in tomorrow at 3 am and do my 21 hours shift as always as usual every year for the last 11 years. Going back on Saturday morning at 7 am is going to be the tougher part.
  22. Ingrid Goes West (2017) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5962210/ This is a dark comedy about a woman, Ingrid, played by Aubrey Plaza, who takes social media too seriously; the movie itself is also using her psychotic social media obsessive compulsive exterior to send an underlying message to the audience. Aubrey Plaza gives a great performance but she can't just carry the movie on her own when the rest of the script doesn't bring much material and supporting characters to help her and the story. That makes it difficult for the audience to connect with Ingrid and to take her seriously. It's too bad too because I like Aubrey Plaza. She brings so much depth and versatility to just about any characters she plays. But I did learn one thing from this movie: social media acceptance, social media status and to be liked on social media such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter is going to be the end of the human race. 3.5/5


LARA CROFT ONLINE TOMB RAIDER HOME PAGE

© Lara Croft Online All rights reserved. "Serving Tomb Raider Fans Since 2001"

Lara Croft ® and Tomb Raider ™ are trademarks of © CDE Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.