Everything posted by Guested Account
-
Most influential VFX Movies Compilation (80's onwards)...
Die Hard 4 Live Free And Die Hard Never seen it. Didn't even know they made another movie about The Battle Of Stalingrad. Thanks, Mick!
-
SECOND Film Quiz of 2014: Can You Guess the Titles of These Movies?!?
Thanks for your interest, Mick. This film quiz is over but I will make another one in about 3 weeks.
-
The Rant Thread
LG called about 2 hours ago and said they will be over Saturday morning between 10-12 with the new stove/oven.
- The Rant Thread
-
The Rant Thread
LG will replace our stove/oven for free with a new newer model since this model is no longer being sold. Why are you quoting LG's slogan?
-
The Rant Thread
LG guy just called. Said he was on his way. Will be here in 10 min.
-
Rise of the Tomb Raider (E3 2014)
Tom is a man of few words...
-
Rise of the Tomb Raider (E3 2014)
So my XBox 360 I just stole, ahem, borrowed from my store a bit over a year ago is useless? I won't be able to play the latest TR games on them? I can only use it to finish Tomb Raider Reboot and Tomb Raider Underworld?
-
Rise of the Tomb Raider (E3 2014)
You mean Christmas 2015? I better get cracking finishing Tomb Raider for the XBOX 360.
-
Guardian of Light sequel Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris Announced
Ooooh I don't mind playing MP with Shrenshy, Morphie, Gia and Tom. But knowing Shrenshy and her morbid fixation with killing Lara, she will probably shoot us and kill us first.
-
Rise of the Tomb Raider (E3 2014)
Thanks Morphie! Is this for PS4, XBOX 360, PS3, PC, etc etc? I still need to finish the Tomb Raider Reboot for XBOX 360. Any idea on release date?
-
Guardian of Light sequel Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris Announced
Thanks Shrenshy! Any idea on release date?
-
The Rant Thread
If I ran my stores that way, I would had been out of business not long after we started in 1993. So now they got me for 9 am to 12 pm tomorrow. They are also acting like it's my fault because I didn't answer my phone when the repair guy called this morning to see if we were home before he came out.
-
The Rant Thread
p.s. about my UPS case, I finally got a full refund from the online retailer and UPS 39 days after my original complaint 2/13. It took several phone calls and emails and 4 different CLAIM Tickets to get my money back. How absurd is that?
-
The Rant Thread
We have an LG Stove/Oven that is still under warranty that needs repair. This is what happened, email I sent to LG: We called your Warranty center for repair and you took our information and said a repair guy would be calling me. Your repair guy called me late Tuesday night. I returned his phone call Wednesday morning and we made an appointment for 10 am Saturday morning. I was trying to get him to come out on Thursday morning but he said Saturday morning is the soonest he could get out here. FINE. Saturday then. Saturday morning, around 10:20 am, I don't hear from him or see him, I call him to see if he is on his way. He told me he was on another job and he couldn't make it. NO phone call calling me to let me know he is going to be late or he can't make it. SO if I didn't call him, we would be sitting here waiting and waiting. I told him if you can't make an appointment or you are going to be late, it's COMMON COURTESY to call. So we reschedule to today at 10 am. He calls me at 8:40 am and he leaves me a VOICE MAIL to see if what time he should come by. EXCUSE ME? We had a 10 am appointment! SO WHAT IS THE POINT OF MAKING AN APPOINTMENT? I missed that call. I was busy with my kids. I just called him back and he said he is on his way to another job and he can't make it at 10 am and wants to know when will I be home today! He said he will call again when HE IS ON HIS WAY SO I AM SUPPOSED TO SIT HERE AND WAIT ALL DAY FOR A CALL THAT MAY NEVER COME! SO WHAT HAPPENED TO OUR 10 am appointment that we made on Saturday when HE DIDN'T SHOW NOR DID HE CALL TO CANCEL OR TO SAY HE WILL BE LATE? HE IS TELLING me WE DON'T HAVE a 10 am appointment BECAUSE when he called me this morning, I didn't answer so he took another repair job. I TOLD HIM WHEN HE MADE THE APPOINTMENT WITH ME LAST SATURDAY FOR 10 AM TODAY, IT MEANS WE HAVE AN APPOINTMENT FOR 10 AM AND HE SHOULD BE COMING WHETHER I ANSWER THE PHONE OR NOT. HE SAYS HE DOESN'T WANT TO DRIVE OUT HERE IF HE DOESN'T KNOW I AM GOING TO BE HERE. I TOLD HIM WHEN I MAKE AN APPOINTMENT WITH SOMEONE, I KEEP MY APPOINTMENTS WHICH MEANS I WILL BE HERE AT 10 AM WHETHER HE CALLS FIRST OR NOT. EVEN IF I DIDN'T ANSWERED WHEN HE CALLED, I WOULD STILL BE HERE AND HE SHOULD STILL BE ON HIS WAY FOR OUR 10 A.M. APPOINTMENT! SO I TOLD HIM FORGET IT. I AM NOT GOING TO SET UP ANOTHER APPOINTMENT WITH HIM FOR LATER TODAY AND GET WAIT AND WAIT AND WAIT AND GET ANOTHER EXCUSE FROM HIM WITHIN MINUTES OF OUR APPOINTMENT THAT HE CAN'T MAKE IT OR HE FORGOT, ETC ETC WHERE DO YOU FIND THESE REPAIR GUYS? OFF THE STREET CORNER?
-
Disgusting! Absolutely Disgusting!
You are Full? I wanted to heave several times while watching that!
-
Disgusting! Absolutely Disgusting!
This is how the great United States Of America has turned into? You can watch the carnage in the above video as the competitive eater — who recently shattered a wing-eating record at the notorious, debaucherous Wing Bowl here in Philadelphia — finishes off her first steak dinner in 4:58, followed by a second meal at the leisurely pace of 9:59. The previous record for eating a single 72-oz meal at the Big Texan had been 8:52. “We witnessed history,” the restaurant’s co-owner tells the Amarillo Globe-News. “If there’s a zombie apocalypse, I want to stay away from this girl.” Given that there was still more than 45 minutes remaining on her original clock to eat the single meal, the champ says she intends to come back to see if she can devour three steak dinners before exploding like Mr. Creosote from The Meaning of Life. source: http://consumerist.com/2014/05/28/watch-woman-eat-9-lbs-of-steak-in-15-minutes-because-what-else-do-you-have-to-do-today/
-
Everything about Movies and DVDs
Non-Stop (2014) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2024469/ Non-Stop? Pleeeeaseeeee!! 20 min into this horrendous B-movie and I already wanted the torture to Stop! What an insult to the intelligent members of today's movie audience this movie is! 1/5 7.3 overall average rating on IMDB? That tells me how stupid and gullible and easily pleased and shallow most of today's movie audience is!
-
SECOND Film Quiz of 2014: Can You Guess the Titles of These Movies?!?
Answers to the remaining unsolved images: 1. The Bad News Bears 3. Don Jon 6. Trading Places 10. Butch Cassidy And The Sundance Kid 26. Inside Man 41. American Pie 43. Blue Jasmine 52. American Hustle 59. Conspiracy Theory 60. Out Of The Furnace 62. Shutter Island Thanks for playing!
-
Everything about Movies and DVDs
Godzilla (2014) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0831387/ It started out well in the first act and then it turned into a standard Hollywood disaster movie. After the first act, you'd think you are watching The Day After Tomorrow or 2012. Plus the rest of the movie is so disjointed and the main actor just CONVENIENTLY keeps turning up everywhere. Wow! I didn't know you can put someone on a chopper and he can go from one side of the world to another side of the world in no time. Travel time from one place to another is easily 6-12 hours on a 777 or 757 or Airbus and he did it in no time on a chopper. Then there is the military subplot. Where's the firepower? Where are the Navy and Air Force and Army of the other countries and even of the U.S.? One carrier group? They (the producer and director and screenwriters) also could had amped up the military action but no, we get a few boots on the grounds with useless assault weapons and the occasional Javelin and LAW. Then the few military fire power machines that occasionally show up are not being put to full use. At least in the Japanese version of these Godzilla films, the humans in those films brought out everything in their military arsenal. Finally, for a movie that's supposedly about Godzilla, not only does Godzilla keeps disappearing, the story has bark and grown and no bite. The entire film felt real lackluster and by the final act, not only do you not care anymore or have lost interest, you will be looking at your watch over and over. 3/5 I want to add a sidenote to my review: there was a few scenes with Japanese dialogue and they weren't translated with subtitles. One of my biggest pet peeves about movies is when there is foreign dialogue and it's not subtitled or translated. AS IF those films' producers expect everyone in the audience to speak 2 dozen languages.
-
Everything about Movies and DVDs
This was one of my favorite movie when I was a kid. It's also the only Streisand movie I'd seen from the 60's, 70's, and 80's that I like. All of her other movies just scream chick flicks and will make any guy cringe just at the thought of having to sit through any of them. The only reasons I had to watch them was because of my dates, along with all those awful Meryl Streep movies I had to endure in the 80's with a date. Furthermore, Streisand looks horrible in those other films she was in, getting worse and worse in appearance with each movie. She actually does looks cute and normal in this one. When wacky co-ed Judy Maxwell (Barbra Streisand, in the Katharine Hepburn part) spies nebbishy musicologist Howard Bannister (Ryan O'Neal in bespectacled Cary Grant mode) in a San Francisco hotel lobby, she decides that Howard and his precious igneous rocks are right up her alley. It all leads to the accidental mix up of four identical plaid overnight bags and a series of increasingly wild and wacky situations. IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0069495/ Cast: Barbra Streisand ... Judy Maxwell Ryan O'Neal ... Howard Bannister Madeline Kahn ... Eunice Burns Kenneth Mars ... Hugh Simon Austin Pendleton ... Frederick Larrabee Michael Murphy ... Mr. Smith Director: Peter Bogdanovich My Rating: 5 out of 5
-
Everything about Movies and DVDs
Maybe Nolan will finally find redemption after torturing us with 3 crappy Batman films. He was on a roll after making Memento and The Prestige and then he started going down the evil dark side with Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. He did redeem himself with Inception (which is badly in need of a sequel please, sequel!) but then he gave himself back in to evil temptations with The Dark Knight Rises.
-
Everything about Movies and DVDs
I am speechless...
-
H.R. Giger dies at 74 in a freak accident!
Falling down the stairs!! Talk about bad luck! http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-27390345 He was a visionary and an artist who opened new worlds and fueled the imagination of millions. Rest In Peace, Mr. Giger. I hope where you are going there won't be any Xenomorphs.
-
SECOND Film Quiz of 2014: Can You Guess the Titles of These Movies?!?
1. Bull Durham is too new. Try a 70's baseball movie.
LARA CROFT ONLINE TOMB RAIDER HOME PAGE
© Lara Croft Online All rights reserved. "Serving Tomb Raider Fans Since 2001"
Lara Croft ® and Tomb Raider ™ are trademarks of © CDE Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.