Everything posted by Guested Account
-
Angelina Jolie @ 86th Annual Academy Awards Arrivals March 2, 2014
Is it just my imagination or do both of them look like they have aged? Complete 29 photos gallery here: http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/y0gufskf86fx6nwave8l820kzi1kxosv/
-
WWW turns 25 next month.
http://gizmodo.com/5960831/23-ancient-web-sites-that-are-still-alive In 1982, my brother was an Engineer and he worked at Schlumberger on the night shift. I would go there sometime and get on the computer and connect using a phone cradle modem and played Star Trek against anyone who was 'online'. Every move we made was printed out on green and white printer paper with the pre-perforated edges.
-
WWW turns 25 next month.
I used to do cartwheels when I connected at 49,900 kbps on my 52 k modem!
-
WWW turns 25 next month.
I remember in 1989 I had an Apple Color Computer and Prodigy internet service. Every one of my friends that came over and took a look at it said "No way. That's just too much work. So many things on the (home page) screen to click on and it takes you to more stuff you can click on. You will be on it all day!" http://www.nbcnews.com/tech/internet/happy-birthday-world-wide-web-turn-25-n39571 http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/internet/10665375/25-years-of-the-World-Wide-Web-25-Web-superstars.html http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/internet/10666001/World-Wide-Web-at-25-the-next-25-years.html Do you still remember when was the first time you went on the World Wide Web using an internet service and what was your initial impression and reaction?
-
FIRST Film Quiz of 2014: Can You Guess the Titles of These Movies?!?
Answers to the remaining unsolved images: 27 2013 film about a lonely boy coming of age ANSWER: The Way Way Back 33 Tennis Pro caught in a love triangle ANSWER: Match Point 36 Death Row Prison movie ANSWER: Dead Man Walking 38 Two Undercover agents working the same case not knowing they are both undercover ANSWER: 2 Guns 40 A simple crime turned into a circus in this 70's classic crime drama ANSWER: Dog Day Afternoon 46 Sisters with Secrets ANSWER: Divine Secrets Of The Ya-Ya Sisterhood 50 Teenage girl growing up and falling in love in 60's London ANSWER: An Education Thanks For Playing!
-
FIRST Film Quiz of 2014: Can You Guess the Titles of These Movies?!?
Good Job!
-
The Rant Thread
I ordered some items online. The package required adult signature. Yet UPS just dunked it at the front door yesterday around 1 pm according to their online tracking info. Furthermore, there were people at home at the time and no one heard knocking or a door bell. I called UPS and asked them if an adult signature is required, why did the driver just leave it at the front door? Lady at 1-800-Call-UPS said it's driver's discretion. So what is the point of paying extra for adult signature required if the driver can just get LAZY and dunk the package at my front door. Additionally, the online retailer company I ordered the items from never gave me a tracking number. I placed the order over the weekend, they took my $ immediately from my credit card. I called them on Monday asking for a tracking number and order number and I was told I wouldn't get that UNTIL AFTER the package has been shipped. Then today I get an email saying the package was shipped and the email contained an UPS Tracking number link. When I clicked on that link, it redirected me to the UPS page and it showed the package was delivered yesterday - left at the front door. That is when I went outside and started looking all over around my home for a package and I asked everyone here if they heard UPS knocking on the front door or ringing the door bell around 1 pm. If the online retailer had done what I asked them to do on Monday and emailed me the order and tracking number then, we would had known to look for the package and the UPS truck. But to send out the email 1 day AFTER the package was left at the front door without getting an adult signature and then have it stolen? I filed a claim with UPS and the online retailer. I told them I want the items reshipped at no cost or a refund because both of them screwed the pooch big time! Finally, the UPS claim and investigation takes 10 days to complete. Until that's completed, the online retailer won't issue a refund or reship the items.
-
FIRST Film Quiz of 2014: Can You Guess the Titles of These Movies?!?
Excellent, Hardkore! Thank You!
-
FIRST Film Quiz of 2014: Can You Guess the Titles of These Movies?!?
Good try.
-
FIRST Film Quiz of 2014: Can You Guess the Titles of These Movies?!?
YAY!
-
FIRST Film Quiz of 2014: Can You Guess the Titles of These Movies?!?
2 out of 3. #24 is not Lone Survivor (too new of a movie)
-
FIRST Film Quiz of 2014: Can You Guess the Titles of These Movies?!?
Good guess but no.
-
FIRST Film Quiz of 2014: Can You Guess the Titles of These Movies?!?
It is, Shrenshy! It is!
-
FIRST Film Quiz of 2014: Can You Guess the Titles of These Movies?!?
Completely correct complete guesses!
-
FIRST Film Quiz of 2014: Can You Guess the Titles of These Movies?!?
Clues to the remaining unsolved images: 4 Those Geriatric spies are at it again 13 Austen's borefest 14 Giant Sea Monsters abound 19 2 idiots competing for the Dream I.T. Job of a Lifetime 24 This recent War film won Best Picture 26 80's film that was the grandfather of all dark comedy high school mean girls films 27 2013 film about a lonely boy coming of age 28 One of the most recent best haunted house horror film 29 His memories had an 'effect' on him 33 Tennis Pro caught in a love triangle 36 Death Row Prison movie 38 Two Undercover agents working the same case not knowing they are both undercover 39 Futuristic time travel virus masterpiece 40 A simple crime turned into a circus in this 70's classic crime drama 45 When adults go to paradise together on vacation 46 Sisters with Secrets 47 Teenager's football story 50 Teenage girl growing up and falling in love in 60's London 56 All he wanted was a big Christmas for his family 60 Someone please kiss her!
-
FIRST Film Quiz of 2014: Can You Guess the Titles of These Movies?!?
Good Job, Crunch!
-
FIRST Film Quiz of 2014: Can You Guess the Titles of These Movies?!?
YAY!
-
FIRST Film Quiz of 2014: Can You Guess the Titles of These Movies?!?
Give her room, folks! There is no stopping Morphie now!
-
Everything about Movies and DVDs
Just rewatched Forrest Gump for the 100th times. After almost 20 years, Forrest Gump is still the most moving and saddest movie I'd ever seen in my entire life. It's also #1 on my personal Top 10 Best movies list. Why is Forrest Gump such a great film??
-
FIRST Film Quiz of 2014: Can You Guess the Titles of These Movies?!?
Excellent! 1 out of 2. #33 is not Twister.
-
Everything about Movies and DVDs
Ender's Game (2013) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1731141 I read the book and I loved it. I think them movie falls real short and many of the characters and talented young actors and young actresses were wasted. 3/5
-
LCO NFL Fantalk 2008
Last time I lost money on the Broncos was in 1988 when they lost to the Washington Redskin and their backup QB in the Superbowl.
-
LCO NFL Fantalk 2008
I have $200 on the Broncos and 2 points in Las Vegas betting.
-
Funny Sochi Olympics Team Uniforms!!
Norwegian team: My Eyes, They Burn! U.S.A. men's hockey team, looking like he's wearing either a bad Christmas sweater or a quilt made by his over-patriotic Grandma: Germany's team uniform: I think they are trying to make a political Pro-Gay statement since displaying 'rainbow' colors is now illegal in Russia! http://www.spiegel.de/international/germany/german-olympic-uniform-for-sochi-seen-as-pro-gay-protest-a-925756.html Someone explain to me what Sweden was thinking with this: Or this looks like the U.S.A. Snowboarding Team robbed a couple of homeless guys for their jackets: So far it looks like Canada is the only country whose team had any fashion sense:
-
FIRST Film Quiz of 2014: Can You Guess the Titles of These Movies?!?
Thank you Morphie!
LARA CROFT ONLINE TOMB RAIDER HOME PAGE
© Lara Croft Online All rights reserved. "Serving Tomb Raider Fans Since 2001"
Lara Croft ® and Tomb Raider ™ are trademarks of © CDE Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.