Everything posted by Guested Account
-
WHOHOO!! I survived another Black Friday !!
The Wii U s came in today. They are under lock in the steel vaults of my stores. Some stores like Best Buy will hold after midnight events tomorrow night (12:01 am Sunday morning) at a few select stores across the U.S. so the customers who have prepaid orders can pick them up. We won't be doing that. People with prepaid orders and without, will just have to wait until 10 am on Sunday morning to get them.
-
WHOHOO!! I survived another Black Friday !!
Yes we been taking pre-orders for the 8GB and 32GB units with a $50 deposit; we have many units on order but there is no guarantee Nintendo will send us everything we ordered (I hope they do); we've ordered stock to cover the pre-orders and also for the people who will try to get one between now and Christmas without a pre-order. It's nuts! Every year it's something!! In the Previous years it was the Wii and then the Playstation 3 and the XBox 360 and the Playstation 2 and the XBox and the Nintendo DS and the Sony Vita and the Sony PSP (which didn't do well).... UGH! Well, it puts food in my 5 Angels' little tummies!
-
WHOHOO!! I survived another Black Friday !!
166 hrs from now I will be at one of my stores for Black Friday again.... oh no! UGH! This year's hottest toys for boys and girls: http://money.cnn.com...toys/index.html http://www.amazon.co...ASIN=B007J3F9IY http://www.toysrus.c...ductId=13265885 (TABEO sold only at Toys "R" Us, available 11/21) and of course, the one thing everyone is going to kill each other over this year: Wii U not available until this Sunday, 11/18 and if you didn't pre-order one with a paid deposit, good luck trying to get one on that day, the day after, on Black Friday, on Christmas eve, etc Seriously! It's that popular! It's not Black Friday or the Christmas if there isn't an electronic gadget people will fight over!
-
The Rant Thread
Dumb Bastards! If they are going to harass me at dinner time with annoying sales calls; at least have the bloody respect to learn to pronounce my last name correctly!! I usually don't answer numbers I don't recognize. The only reason I answered is because the number had one of the 3 local area codes in it. Yes, I am on the do not call list and I check 2x a year to make sure all my numbers are still on there but people still call!
-
The Rant Thread
EVERYONE should know how to drive a MANUAL TRANSMISSION vehicle! Who here Knows How and Can Still Get One Going On The Very First Attempt, Without Stalling IT? I was at the full service car wash for over 45 min cause the first vehicle in the line to enter the wash was Manual Transmission and NONE of the People that worked there, from the youngest to the oldest, knew how to drive it! This is not the first time something like this has happened to me. I have also been at the Auto Dealership Service area waiting to move up and the line was being held up by a Manual Transmission vehicle and no one there knew how to drive it! My brother being older started learning to drive in 1979. The only car we had at the time was a 1978 Caprice Classic Automatic. Dad went out and bought a Chevy Chevette 5 speed so he could teach my brother how to drive Manual. He would not let my brother drive the Caprice Classic. Then after that, Dad used that same car to teach me in 1982 and teach my sister in 1986. That Chevette was my brother's first car until he bought a brand new car for the first time on his own in 1987. Thinking back, I think none of us kids ever got to drive the Caprice Classic but only a handful of times and it was always with Mamma sitting next to us. Knowing how to drive a MANUAL car may safe your life, the life of someone you love/know/care about or the life of a stranger one day!
-
Disney buys out Lucasfilm, the Star Wars Franchise and George Lucas for $4 Billion!!
Billy Dee Williams was on this week's new episode of NCIS. It seems to me he disappeared after being in The Empire Strikes Back and Return Of The Jedi. The only movie I remember seeing him in after that was Batman in 1989.
-
Disney buys out Lucasfilm, the Star Wars Franchise and George Lucas for $4 Billion!!
Teaser poster!! LOL!
-
Disney buys out Lucasfilm, the Star Wars Franchise and George Lucas for $4 Billion!!
Darth Vader: What are you going to do next? This is kind of the thing they should be doing for Ep 7-9... Ancient Jedi vs ancient Sith. Huge, epic battles. No holds barred. No more annoying characters! No more cute little furry creatures! No more constant preaching and whining and rhetoric and posturing.
-
Disney buys out Lucasfilm, the Star Wars Franchise and George Lucas for $4 Billion!!
If the Pirates of the Caribbean sequels are an indicator of the quality of Disney's brain trust, I wouldn't get my hopes up too high for this seventh movie to be anything other than a bloated CGI disaster.
-
Disney buys out Lucasfilm, the Star Wars Franchise and George Lucas for $4 Billion!!
Lucas noted that he wrote original treatments for 7, 8, and 9, and handed them over to Disney. Lucas' admission that he has even bothered to write treatments for 7,8, and 9 pays put to the lie that he was never going to make continuation movies. It also proves that he's a massive sell-out. In the end he sold out to the very same studio system he claimed to hate and want no part of. He took the money and....waddled. Seeing Lucas getting out of the SW business is a day I thought would never come. Maybe someone is going to come along and make SW films for the kids in all of us, and make a film that appeals to both young and old without insulting the intelligence and without annoying characters like Jar Jar binks!! Maybe make a film where the director seems to give an actual damn about story continuity and integrity. Gives a damn about acting and storytelling. Let the directors hype and rumours begin! I pick Joss Whedon!! He is the only Director for this job!! And PPPPLEASSSEEEE NO J. J. Abrams!! Is John Williams going to compose the music to all 3 films? It's not Star Wars without John Williams!! Maybe now we will see the Original Trilogy released on DVD in their original 1977, 1980 and 1983 theatrical cut and screen format without any of the awful changes that Lucas made!! I came across this Star Wars Timeline a few months ago. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timel...lactic_history Episode 4-6 happened between 0BBY and 4ABY. After that, there is a whole universe to be explored from 4ABY to 138 ABY including Han Solo and Princess Leia getting married. I wonder what are they going to use? I doubt they will bring back Han, Leia, Luke, etc they (Ford, Hamill, Fisher) are too old now even if they were coming back to play their roles 20 or 30 years after the events of Episodes 4-6
-
Just got back from Comic con in NYC played the TR demo
I am soooo jealous, Sir Tom!
-
The Rant Thread
I just got home and I checked my email and that lady emailed me again: "you completely missed the point of me contacting you yesterday. The reason I contacted you yesterday after 4 month, which had nothing to do with your original complaint. I no longer feel an obligation to share with you my important information. You will find out on your own. " I just talk to the HOA and the HOA Manager said that they called her in after I complained to them about her emails and she is supposed to be at their office in 10 min. I asked him what's this IMPORTANT information she wanted to share with me and now she is not telling me and why did she email me after 4+ months of not hearing from her? He told me to not worry about it and to ignore her and that I did nothing wrong! Sounds to me like she maybe getting fired from the landscaping contract! What do you think?
-
The Rant Thread
Are people just DUMB nowadays? I called the Landscaping company that does the work for the neighborhood about leaving a mess of grass clipping on our driveways, etc when they are done and they never got back with me. An Email I sent afterward was never replied to. That was 4 1/2 months ago. NOW the lady with the Landscaping company emails me after all these time and she wants to make a big stink about it like it's our fault! We cut our own grass. But there is a section of grass around the sidewalks and in front of everyone's home that is done by the HOA. They come out once a week: vrrr vrrrr, 10 min, done! They leave a mess of clippings and leaves and what have you, scattered all over people's driveways and lawns and even on any cars that are parked on the driveways. (Keep in mind that my and my neighbors' monthly HOA dues pay for their service so they should do a better job). I called the landscaping company (got the phone number off the side of their truck) and wanted to talk to the manager, they said she would call me back, she never did. I emailed them and never got a response. That was 4 1/2 months ago. I left it at that and never re-attempted to contact them after they didn't reply back to me. Now out of the blue, yesterday, she emails me and said I need to call her and it's urgent and then she wants to lecture me that I should had called the HOA and not her company. That all complaints with her company should go through the HOA and I had no rights to contact her and her company directly. I just got off the phone with the HOA and they don't know why the lady at the landscaping company is contacting me directly after 4 1/2 months. They say they will call her and get back with me. Something she said in her email to me I didn't like: "It's a pressing urgent matter. I guess you will find out on your own!" That sounds like a threat to me.
-
The Rant Thread
I closed my accounts with BoA. They were trying to tell me they will have to hold my funds and transfers to another bank. I told them that's BS! When you owe them money, they can take it from your account in a nanosecond; but when they owe you money, it gets tied up in red tape for days, weeks, months and in some cases even years! I told them if they held my funds or held my transfers to another bank or if they ZOMBIE my accounts or if they put me on a blacklist, I will come back with a court ordered judgement, a writ of execution, armed Constables, a moving truck, news cameras, and I will seize everything in the branch building that's not bolted down, including the cash in their vault and tellers' cash drawers and pad lock their building, as collateral until I get the money that belongs to me. So they backed down! They know I can do that! You can do it to anyone who owes you money by filing a lien and judgement in court on their property even if they never agreed to use that property as collateral against the money they'd borrowed from you. It's been done to Bank of America before in 2011 by a couple who owned a home they paid in cash that never had a Bank of America mortgage on it and BoA foreclosed them; GOOGLE it and you will find it.
-
The Rant Thread
I was talking to Bank of America about my account and the manager got abusive and loud and rude with me and then he hung up. When I tried to call back and I pressed 4 to get a 'live' person, it would connect, ring 1-2x and then disconnects me. I think they have a way of putting my phone number into the system so it doesn't accept calls. Therefore, I am going there with the Police! We should never have bailed those people out! The biggest criminal organization and racketeering criminals in the world! Bigger than the Mafia and the Mob and the Yakuza, etc etc,
-
Happy 37th Birthday, Kratos, my friend!! 40! Updated 2013
Happy Birthday toooo You!! Happy Birthday toooo You!! Happy Birthday toooo You!! Happy Birthday Dear Kratos! Happy Birthday toooo Yoooooou!!
-
Everything about Movies and DVDs
yipikaye!! A Good Day to Die Hard (2013) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1606378/ Cast: Bruce Willis, Jai Courtney, Sebastian Koch, Yulia Snigir, Cole Hauser, Amaury Nolasco, Megalyn Echikunwoke, Anne Vyalitsyna Director: John Moore Official site (currently redirects to official Facebook page) Facebook Summary: Since the first "Die Hard" in 1988, John McClane has found himself in the wrong place at the wrong time, with the skills and attitude to always be the last man standing, making him enemy #1 for terrorists the world over. Now, McClane faces his greatest challenge ever, this time on an international stage, when his estranged son Jack is caught up in the daring prison escape of a rogue Russian leader, and father and son McClane must work together to keep each other alive and keep the world safe for democracy. Yahoo! Movies Encodes: 480p: http://playlist.yaho...d&sid=132898465 720p: http://playlist.yaho...d&sid=132898470 1080p: http://playlist.yaho...d&sid=132898472
-
Happy Birthday Sir Tom of LCO!!
104?
-
Happy Birthday Sir Tom of LCO!!
Happy Birthday toooo You!! Happy Birthday toooo You!! Happy Birthday toooo You!! Happy Birthday Dear Tom! Happy Birthday toooo Yoooooou!! got you a new computer
-
Everything about Movies and DVDs
Some of the other movies I've watched in the past month or so.... Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World (2003) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0311113/ Finally watched this for the first time after its release almost 10 years ago: the movie is slow, the battle sequences are a confusing mess and the ending really really really really sucked. It's no wonder this movie flopped at the box office and plans for an entire film franchise were scrapped. That's a good thing!! 1.5/5 The Inbetweeners Movie (2011) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1716772/ 4 Idiots go on vacation in Greece thinking they are going to get sex, sex, sex and sex - if only they weren't so totally clueless about women, relationships and talking to the opposite sex. Juvenile, Crude, Tasteless - sort of like a British version of American Pie but with more frontal male nudity! I can't recommend this! I give it a 1 because it actually made me chuckle and snicker a couple of times. 1/5 Panic Button (2011) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1727358/ I've seen over 200+ movies so far in 2012. This one takes the cake as one of the worst ones (and most absurd plot device driven) I've seen; along with ATM, Abduction, Altitude, The Three Stooges, Attack of the 50ft Cheerleader, The Inbetweeners Movie, Drive and Wrath of the Titans. 0.5/5 Nighthawks (1981) 4.25/5 http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082817/ I hear a Blu-Ray is coming out soon. I hope it's the uncut 2 hrs and 20 min version. I haven't seen this movie in probably 30 years. I didn't know the Perfume Sales Girl in London was played by Catherine Mary Stewart. This is way before she was in The Last Starfighter and Night of the Comet. What a hottie she was in here. Too bad she only had a short scene! Magnum Force (1973) 4.75/5 http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070355/ This is in my opinion the last of the great Dirty Harry movies. The 3 movies that followed this one were pretty crappy and formulatic!! Hey, that's Suzanne Somers who jumps into the pool, takes her top off and gets killed along with everyone else!! and Bait (III) (2012) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1438173/ One of the best comedy I've seen all year!! 3/5
-
Happy Birthday Gia!
I am not sure which ones is your most favorite. The Jack Daniel's Baby Back Ribs from TGIF or these Shrimps?
-
Happy Birthday Gia!
Happy Birthday toooo You!! Happy Birthday toooo You!! Happy Birthday toooo You!! Happy Birthday Dear Gia! Happy Birthday toooo Yoooooou!!
-
Everything about Movies and DVDs
I just watched this movie. My Way (2011) Moving and sad true events based story about Koreans who were forced into military service by the Japanese Imperial Army; then they were captured by the Russians during the Japanese Russian conflict on the Mongolian border, along with their Imperial Army counterparts; then both Koreans and Japanese were conscripted into the Russian Army to fight against the Nazis during Operation Barbarossa in 1940; then they were captured by the Nazis and conscripted once again, this time into the Nazi Wermacht to fight on Normandy. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1606384/ 4.5/5
-
The Rant Thread
Awwwww..... I am sorry, Morph. I was really hoping you get the job.
-
Those Bloody Rabbits are at it again !!
Well folks, this morning around 5:50 am, I went out to get in my car to go to the grocery store to pick up some bread and milk and stuff for breakfast and I saw 2 wabbits. I haven't seen any wabbits in our yard in almost 2 years now. That's alright. I now have 5 secret weapons: 5 very vivacious Angels that will chase them and catch them. This photo was taken December 2010, the last time we saw wabbits in our yards. Aurora caught one of them then and she was 3 1/2 year old then. If she can catch them then, she can definitely catch them again now that she and Allessandra are almost 5 1/2; and her brother Antonio is over 3 3/4 years old and her younger sister and youngest brother are almost 2. At those ages, my 5 Angels will give those rabbits a marathon they won't forget!
LARA CROFT ONLINE TOMB RAIDER HOME PAGE
© Lara Croft Online All rights reserved. "Serving Tomb Raider Fans Since 2001"
Lara Croft ® and Tomb Raider ™ are trademarks of © CDE Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.